Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 11:25:03 AM EDT
Has anyone seen this film yet? I heard it was a PBS documentary that was shown once and pulled from the air due to threats made by radical Muslims in the US. It has since gone underground and I was able to get my hands on a copy to watch it. This is a pre 9/11 documentary.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
any link to where to d/l it? is it a long movie, or a 60 minutes type clip?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Would not shock me at all.  Got a link?  I would bet most of the money funding "Jihad" comes from the U.S.A.  When they were funding the Chechens to kill Russians the U.S.Gov did not care.  By the way the Russians are as dirty as the Chchens they were fighting.  Both sides committed atrocities frequently.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Would not shock me at all.  Got a link?  I would bet most of the money funding "Jihad" comes from the U.S.A.  When they were funding the Chechens to kill Russians the U.S.Gov did not care.  By the way the Russians are as dirty as the Chchens they were fighting.  Both sides committed atrocities frequently.

As opposed to the Saudis, who make a cool billion a year in oil?
I'm sure some of their money comes from the US, but let's get real here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
any link to where to d/l it? is it a long movie, or a 60 minutes type clip?

I have it on VHS tape. It's 65 min long.

I found these links by googling the producers name.

iona.ghandchi.com/emerson.htm

www.harrywalker.com/speakers_template.cfm?Spea_ID=262

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Emerson
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As opposed to the Saudis, who make a cool billion a year in oil?
I'm sure some of their money comes from the US, but let's get real here.

A billion is chump change for the saudis.  Not sweating you but you do realize we are talking about a commodity the world functions on.  I think the largest arab population in the world is Pakistan the US is likely 2nd.  Discretionary income is alot more common in the US than it is to the majority of arab countries.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Pakistanis are not Arabs.

"Arab" refers to a Semite Middle Eastern ethnicity.

"Muslims" (i.e., adherents of the Muslim religion) can be of a wide variety of Middle Eastern (including Arab) ethnicities, as well as South Asian (Pakistani, Indian, Indonesian, etc.); European (as in Bosnian); North African (Egyptian, Berber, etc.) ethnicities.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Pakistanis are not Arabs.

"Arab" refers to a Semite Middle Eastern ethnicity.

"Muslims" (i.e., adherents of the Muslim religion) can be of a wide variety of Middle Eastern (including Arab) ethnicities, as well as South Asian (Pakistani, Indian, Indonesian, etc.); European (as in Bosnian); North African (Egyptian, Berber, etc.) ethnicities.

Most people here don't care enough to be able to tell the difference...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:03:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I should have added that not all Arabs are Muslim - though most are.  There are Maronite Christian Arabs from Lebanon, Isreal and Syria as well as Assyrian and Chaldean Christians from Iraq.

The Middle East was predominately Christian before Mohammad (the Crusades were about reclaiming Chrisitan lands taken in war by the Religion of Peace © ).
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:07:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think the largest arab population in the world is Pakistan the US is likely 2nd.

Not even close.

Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, The Philipines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Somolia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Turkey, Uzbekistan, and Yemen each have more Muslims than the United States.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I have read the book by Steve Emerson. Jihad in America-Exellent read.www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743234359/102-0173043-7452966?v=glance&n=283155
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the largest arab population in the world is Pakistan the US is likely 2nd.

Not even close.

Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Malaysia, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, The Philipines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Somolia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Turkey, Uzbekistan, and Yemen each have more Muslims than the United States.

Very, very far away from second indeed...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top