Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2005 6:27:49 AM EDT
First it was Lodi, Cali...now Folsom , Cali!

BOTH are within a 1/2 drive for me and BOTH are less then 100miles from San Fran.!!

abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=state&id=3356111

Aug. 16 - A terrorist plot to attack military and Jewish sites in the Los Angeles area this coming Sept. 11 was devised inside a cell at the New Folsom State Prison, a maximum-security prison outside Sacramento, Calif.

Law enforcement officials told ABC News that Peter Martinez, a former Oakland street gang member, and his cellmate Kevin James organized the plot and recruited as many as 13 other inmates in a jihad against the United States. The two inmates have since been placed in special confinement, according to officials.

"Al Qaeda recruits in prisons. They really do," said Edward Caden, a retired prison administrator in California. "Prisons are a prime, prime target for terrorist recruiting. It is a ripe population."

The plot, which called for dozens of casualties as part of a holy war against the United States, was foiled after Levar Washington, a former inmate at the Folsom Prison, and his accomplice were arrested for a string of gas station robberies.

Washington had entered prison a convicted thief and left as a militant black Muslim who had sworn allegiance to a violent jihad, according to law enforcement authorities.

Intent to 'Kill Everyone'

The FBI says Washington, after being released late last year, started to plan attacks on synagogues and a military recruiting center in Santa Monica, Calif.

A law enforcement report obtained by ABC News says the attacks were to take place on Sept. 11, and "the intent was to kill everyone at the target."

"He regarded Osama bin Laden very highly," claimed one man who wished to remain anonymous for fear of other cell members still at large. He said Washington tried to recruit him and others in Los Angeles to join the terror group.

"He really believed that the Muslim world is majorly oppressed right now," continued the attempted recruit, "and their only way out is to fight jihad by harming innocent people."

The terror plot was thwarted when Washington and his accomplice were apprehended. Although he had no previous criminal record, Washington's accomplice was in the midst of the 15-day waiting period to buy a high-powered rifle, according to police.

The Imam of a Los Angeles mosque that Washington attended said he was surprised by the level of hatred for America that Washington had developed in prison.

"It strikes me as pretty strange that a person would come out full of anger and frustration and channel his direction of frustration at this particular angle," Imam Kharsay said.

Sgatr215
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Prisons are mostly muslim.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Always go armed you never know when you will need it.

I have a feeling that attacks on public places are soon coming.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

agreed!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

agreed!!!

VERY SOON!

Listen people.  If they are finding two of these near me.  Then how many are they NOT finding near you?

Get a map people!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

agreed!!!

I'm ready
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:35:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Prisons should be filled with dirty magazines instead of Korans.   Keeps the mind on the mind.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I agree with you. I think the big spectacular attacks like on 9/11 are less likely than car bombs, human bombs and firearm attacks in the future.

Not only will having these type of attacks suck, but it will open up law abiding citizens who own personal firearms for defense to more BS anti-gun measures.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:40:53 AM EDT
[#8]
man, this is about the 3rd time this has been posted but it doesn't seem to be getting a lotta comments, i wonder why???
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
man, this is about the 3rd time this has been posted but it doesn't seem to be getting a lotta comments, i wonder why???

3rd?

Really?

I was on all day yesterday and didn't see it.

Are people becoming to relaxed you think?

Because this is quickly becoming a VERY SERIOUS issue in my area.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:58:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3rd?

Really?

I was on all day yesterday and didn't see it.

Are people becoming to relaxed you think?

Because this is quickly becoming a VERY SERIOUS issue in my area.

Sgatr15

it better get pretty goddam serious for the entire country! the islamic bruthahood is nationwide in the prison system and there are an uncomfortable number of gangbanger and homie wannabies in the .mil who might get caught up in this bs...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I think the problem here is the ole' "it's not going to happen here" The general population doesn't seem to believe that we could see car bombs, suicide bombers and so on. It is up to us to keep ourselves safe, so keep an eye on everyone around you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:00:08 AM EDT
[#13]
It sucks that I only get paid once a month, because I really feel the need to buy more ammo right now.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

well the perps are double victims, being both black and muslim. therefore they have a tremendous PC cloke surrounding them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I hear the train a comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine,
Since, I don't know when...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I've said since 9/12 that small towns, small parks/attractions and churches would be hit next.
Nothing would cripple us more than the notion that rural America is unsafe.
Carry if you can boys!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Prison officials allow the preaching of Islam in prison because they were hoping it would cut down butt-raping in jail. Seriously, a lot of disaffected, unemployed, drugged up kids in Muslim countries are "cleaned up" by religion.  Unfortunately, some of the imams are wackos that promptly send the kids to their deaths as suicide troops.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:55:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Coordinates logged in...  Check    

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

agreed!!!

VERY SOON!

Listen people.  If they are finding two of these near me.  Then how many are they NOT finding near you?
Get a map people!
Sgat1r5

Sarge I think about the best you're going to do is be able to influence the people with whom you have contact and who agree with you.  And to then prepare accordingly.

I think Americans, most of them anyway, are asleep.

You're preaching to the choir here.....

Pop your zip code into this page and search. You'll get the idea. Finder

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Prisons are mostly muslim.

No they are mostly Christian, like every other large group in America that doesn't organize along faith lines.

It goes with the fact that the nation is majority Christian.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#21]
damn, i love that shit. Join the military, go find these bastards in foreign lands......then the fuckers pop up like 70 miles from home. *sighs*
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:04:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I too see small scale attacks coming to suburbia. They are having RPG attack right across the border...hummm........surely terrorist would not dare to bring them over the border. People the invasion started years ago, they are just waiting and re-supply via the borders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top