Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/4/2002 11:13:05 AM EDT
Just on news, Gunman attack Israeli ticket counter at terminal 5. 2 dead including 1 gunman. All agents for Israeli Air are armed at Lax per Customs Agent Friend who once worked there. Lock & load boys... here it comes !
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
WHAT!!???
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, turn on the news.

Single gunman opened up at the El Al ticket counter at LAX, killing one and wounding several before being killed by El Al security.

Details are very sketchy.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=129616[/url]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Calling this a terrorist attack is premature.

Kind of an alarmist headline, don't you think?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope this is just standard LA crime, but the timing and area are not good news.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#6]
f#$k!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

He just happened to pick on the Israelis, I guess....

Unfortunately for him, Israelis are PRO-GUN....

Scott

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hope this is just standard LA crime, but the timing and area are not good news.
View Quote

I don't think so...  But maybe it is coincidence that the jackass attacked at the El Al counter. [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#9]
More gun control fodder for the antis.

"We need this new law to prevent terrorists from getting lethal weapons." [puke]

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#10]
While the timing and target suggest a particular motivation, I don't think this is a terrorist attack.  I think it was one lone nutjob who wanted to do his little part for the "cause".
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree, wait and see how it shakes out. May be a nut, domestic crime or terror. Too early to call it anything yet. No mater what, this is a very bad thing for gun owners. Things are going to get worse in Cal. And flying is going to be a bigger pain. Amazing how one asshole can screw up the whole country!
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
While the timing and target suggest a particular motivation, I don't think this is a terrorist attack.  I think it was one lone nutjob who wanted to do his little part for the "cause".
View Quote

Concur. Thank goodness that the El Al security guys are armed otherwise this would be turning into a month long hostage situation.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#13]
1st eyewitness report says fat white guy with a poneytail yelling about someone taking his job did the shooting. If true, sounds like a nut job.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1st eyewitness report says fat white guy with a poneytail yelling about someone taking his job did the shooting. If true, sounds like a nut job.
View Quote

Can you spell Howard Stern?

That was a hoax. The "witness" stated that it was a middle aged, overweight white guy with a pontytail who shouted "Artie (Lang) took my job" while shooting.

This is in reference to Artie Lang replacing Jackie Martling on the Howard Stern show.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

He'd be a nut job regardless of his description.

Is there a gun control vote coming up in the next week or two in cali or congress?

Watch for news that the guy was on "anti-depressant" drugs. [red]<--mind control[/red]

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn't that the definition of a terrorist attack?  
View Quote

Only if you're looking for an excuse to call someone a terrorist and to describe their actions as an attack, which presumes a substantial target.  This is likely the kind of person we would describe as a criminal, committing murder.  I suggest "Animal Farm" and/or "1984" for those who are quick to label people as terrorists, and let the government take further actions to prevent "terrorism".  
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Standard LA crime?  WTF.  There is nothing standard about someone going into International Airport and shooting people.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]
That would be a nutjob.

OR it could be a nutjob.

If he were a "connected" nutjob, he would have used explosives.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree - we don't need the knee-jerk Chicken Little responses from our side as well. In all likelihood this was nothing more than a violent crime [b]that just happened[/b] to take place at LAX's El Al terminal. If the same thing had happened at El Al terminals - or any airline terminals - across the country, then I'd say the terrorist attack headline would be called for.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Reports are that they are now looking for a second suspect.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Reports are that they are now looking for a second suspect.
View Quote

Sonovabitch. I laugh at everything you post because of the homer picture.

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#22]
So, Howard Stern is a terrorist?

Scott

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#23]
So far the suspect has been described by witnesses as a caucasian man. He walked in randomly shooting and it has been confirmed that El Al security returned fire and killed him. Two dead, the suspect and an elderly woman, and 4 injured so far. The airport is completely shut down for now, if you had LAX destination plans forget them for now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So, Howard Stern is a terrorist?

Scott

View Quote

No, but his minions are really heartless bastards.

I am some times embarrassed to say that I like Howard Stern's show.

This is one of those times.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#25]
from communist news network (CNN)

"At this time, there's no reason to believe the incident is terrorist-related," said Lt. Horace Frank, an LAPD spokesman. Information is still sketchy and the investigation is still in its earliest stages, he said.

The Tom Bradley International Terminal was shut down, said Los Angeles Police Department spokesman Alex Baez. Everyone inside was evacuated. Thousands were seen streaming out of the terminal and traffic was stopped outside.

Police cars, ambulances, and fire engines lined the road.

Frank said 911 operators received the first call at approximately 11:30 a.m. (2:30 p.m. EDT), saying a suspect opened fire on an individual near the El Al counter. The suspect in turn was killed by El Al security personnel, but other "innocent bystanders" were shot and some were seriously wounded.

Thad Weimlein, who was checking into his flight on Korean Air, heard an initial barrage of between eight and 10 shots, before it paused. Then the firing resumed, he said.

"People were running and screaming and hitting the floor," Weimlein said. "There were a number of plainclothes policemen who pulled out their guns and badges at the same time."

After it was over, officers asked everyone in the area of the international ticket counters to file outside, he said.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#26]
It must have been that guy Captain Janks from the Howard Stern Show. He calls into various news shows during "breaking news" type situations and spews hoaxes. He's gotten away with some outrageous stuff like calling in to Brian Williams' MSNBC show after the Princess Diana crash and screaming "baba booey" over and over until he got cut off.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#27]
A LAX employee was just interviewed saying that he saw what happened. An older man, 50-60, was seen just a few minutes earlier frantically arguing with El Al employees. He suddenly pulled a gun out and started shooting. One El Al employee was hit, he then began firing at everyone. El Al security quickly returned fire and killing the suspect.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you spell Howard Stern?

That was a hoax. The "witness" stated that it was a middle aged, overweight white guy with a pontytail who shouted "Artie (Lang) took my job" while shooting.

This is in reference to Artie Lang replacing Jackie Martling on the Howard Stern show.
View Quote

Jeez, only a Howard Stern fan would be that stupid. What a schmuck!!! Sorry, It sounded credible, as I listen to Imus not Stern.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#29]
CNN just reported that at least one, possibly two involved persons (note that I didn't say victim or terrorist) was stabbed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Small plane down in San Dimas at a water park. Six injured....

Scott

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Water park?  San Dimas?  I hope it wasn't Waterloo.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#32]
4Th of July picnic. Still not many details. Some one on GT said it was a waterpark. Wasn't that where Bill & Ted took Napoleon in Excellent Adventure?

Scott
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#33]
My Prediction:

In light of this new attack, Sen. John McCain (D-AZ) and Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) will announce a new Bipartisian proposal to:

1) Close the "gunshow loophole" once and for all, to reduce the flow if illegal guns into terrorists hands here at home.

2) Begin efforts to replace the soon-to-sunset AW ban with a larger, more comprehensive bill to combat the growing usage of firearms in domestic terrorist attacks.

3) Push for widespread FBI accessibility to 4473s and NICS in the hunt for terrorists who are buying guns and dealers supplying those weapons.

It's almost like it's being orchestrated, eh?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My Prediction:

In light of this new attack, Sen. John McCain (D-AZ) and Sen. Joe Lieberman (D-CT) will announce a new Bipartisian proposal to:

1) Close the "gunshow loophole" once and for all, to reduce the flow if illegal guns into terrorists hands here at home.

2) Begin efforts to replace the soon-to-sunset AW ban with a larger, more comprehensive bill to combat the growing usage of firearms in domestic terrorist attacks.

3) Push for widespread FBI accessibility to 4473s and NICS in the hunt for terrorists who are buying guns and dealers supplying those weapons.

It's almost like it's being orchestrated, eh?
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Raging Rapids? Raging Waters? Something like that....

Scott

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It must have been that guy Captain Janks from the Howard Stern Show. He calls into various news shows during "breaking news" type situations and spews hoaxes. He's gotten away with some outrageous stuff like calling in to Brian Williams' MSNBC show after the Princess Diana crash and screaming "baba booey" over and over until he got cut off.
View Quote

I remember that jackass getting on the local Oklahoma City station after the OKC bombing.  He said something along the lines of "and I quote the immortal words of Howard Stern who said "Mecha lecha hi mecha hiney ho" and then they cut him off and apologized for the prank.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Does anybody know if El Al brings thier security from Isreal or if the are hired from here in the US.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Raging Rapids? Raging Waters? Something like that....

Scott

View Quote

Raging Waters is in San Dimas as well as a small airport(Bracketts) next to it. In the movie of Bill and Ted the water park shown was not Raging Waters.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#40]
[i]From CNN "[b]The suspect in turn was killed by El Al security personnel[/b]"[/i]

Is that a special treatment for the isrealies only or can China airline have their own armed security personel in addition to the local police as well?? [:E]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#41]
[i]Is that a special treatment for the isrealies only or can China airline have their own armed security personel in addition to the local police as well?? [/i]

Israel is an ally...China is a communist nation that is not. Do you understand that?

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#42]
it has started already..

dont know his name but his was /is part of the prees confrence;:

"There are far to many guns walking around in america... you all know how I feel about this.."

get ready for more feel good laws..

cluster
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:45:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
[i]Is that a special treatment for the isrealies only or can China airline have their own armed security personel in addition to the local police as well?? [/i]

Israel is an ally...China is a communist nation that is not. Do you understand that?

View Quote

Didnt we [b]give[/b] a large port in CA to china? Of course that was during the clinton dark era .. so i dont know why I brought this up[:d]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Does anybody know if El Al brings thier security from Isreal or if the are hired from here in the US.
View Quote

El Al security are all former Israeli special forces.  This was stated on Fox News by the former head of El Al security in a phone interview about an hour ago.

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
it has started already..

dont know his name but his was /is part of the prees confrence;:

"There are far to many guns walking around in america... you all know how I feel about this.."
View Quote

That was James K. Hahn, mayor of LA.

Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Naw.. I don't understand that.  Why don't you explain it to me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
[i]From CNN "[b]The suspect in turn was killed by El Al security personnel[/b]"[/i]

Is that a special treatment for the isrealies only or can China airline have their own armed security personel in addition to the local police as well?? [:E]
View Quote

Israeli "Air Marshall"?

If he is authorized to "pack on-board" there is probably some agreement that he can be in the El-Al airport area, armed, as well.

In any event who is gonna tell him to give up the gun??

Good thing he was there.

I think since it happened in a very "weapon controlled" area, in a State that has the toughest gun laws............ we could say.......... you know..........
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

El Al security are all former Israeli special forces.  This was stated on Fox News by the former head of El Al security in a phone interview about an hour ago.

View Quote

The personnel securing the El Al flights are from the Israeli General Security Service, SHABACH.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Don't know who shot the perp , but as I stated earlier all El Al personal ,even the ticket takkers & baggage people at LAX are ARMED - EVERYONE IS ARMED. Not just security people. Per a US Customs Agent who worked at LAX for 8 years.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#50]
well now they are saying two dead, but also that a man was knifed and another was pistol whipped.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top