Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2002 6:22:37 AM EDT
Pass this one around. We can't let it get swept under the rug.

[url]www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-lynch082102.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Remember Ruby Ridge, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Not forgotten, and will not be. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:32:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Prior to Ruby Ridge I thought "No Fault" was an insurance term.

May God bless Mr. Weaver and the remainder of his family for the remaining days of their lives.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#5]
It isn't likely that any of [b]us[/b] will ever forget what happened up there at Ruby Ridge.

The problem is that we will not be writing the history for those young skulls full of mush that are now in school.

[b]Klebold and Harris[/b] will be celebrated long before Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris ever will, by the next generation!

Eric The(StillPizzedAfter10Years)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#6]
The Ruby Ridge tragedy is so sickening, each time I read how my government in cold blood murdered those people, it makes me wish I had never served in this nations military..  Truly one of the most tragic and telling stories of our time. God save us, innocent citizens, from our murdering government[s] thugs [/s]duds.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some of us are still seething and will [b]never[/b] forget.  [pissed]
View Quote

Yep! BTW bee, nice lookin' cabin!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It isn't likely that any of [b]us[/b] will ever forget what happened up there at Ruby Ridge.

The problem is that we will not be writing the history for those young skulls full of mush that are now in school.

[b]Klebold and Harris[/b] will be celebrated long before Randy Weaver and Kevin Harris ever will, by the next generation!

View Quote

That's the truth!
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I've just never been able to embrace Randy Weaver as the folk hero of American Gun Ownership, that most of you out there seem to be willing to make him out to be.

To me Randy Weaver was an idiot who got his family killed by being a hanger on at the Arian Nations Church and agreeing to commit a gun related crime, Then being to little of a man to take his medicine when he got caught, and chose instead to endanger the life of his wife and children.

Randy Weaver was such an assh*le, that he used to make his wife stay outside the family house in a little shed in the dead of winter, Because she was menstrating...because his wacked out religious belief decided that women were unclean during their period.

If we in the American Firearms community have to make an idiot like Randy Weaver into a hero, then we are in a great deal of trouble.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mr Hun, you may recall I started a firestorm earlier by saying if there was a silver lining to be found in Oklahoma City, it was the JBT's would think several times before trying a Ruby Ridge/Waco again.  Certainly the OKC explosion and the unsolved Amtrak Arizona sabotage action were ringing in Janet Reno's ears when they took Elian Gonzales away in Miami and the Montana Freemen incident.

So, I will say it again.  In Oklahoma City and Arizona, our government thugs got a taste of what will be the people's response should they "get frisky" again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#11]
the jury acquitted Weaver and Harris of all of the serious criminal charges.
View Quote

That pretty much says it all....ECS
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#12]
F&L37, I share your feelings about racists, whether they are from the Aryan Nation or the Nation of Islam, or any other fucked up "Nation".  It's a free country though, and whether I like it or not, even these mental midgets are entitled to their own beliefs.  And I can live and let live as long as they don't spew their demented hate toward me and mine.

I don't hold Randy Weaver to be any kind of folk hero.

I do hold the US Government responsible for entrapment and murder of members of the Weaver family.  It could have been the Peacher family, or your family, just as easily.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Actually....No It could not have been my family....Because I don't do stupid Sh*t like hang out at the Arian Nations Church or Agree to cut down shotguns to illegal barrel lengths (No matter how much I disagree with that law.)

I do not associate with organizations who have in the Past supported and been funded by Armored Car Robberies, Like The Arian Nations Church, that Randy Weaver Hung out at.

Because of this I do not have to worry, as to if my family will be dragged down onto the suicidal funeral prye with me.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#17]
You know Beekeeper, I do not know if you have ever seen a picture of the Arian Nations Church from the Ruby Ridge time period, but there was a giant cross, with a couple of SS double rune lightning bolts on top of the building.

To suggest that Randy Weaver, a avowed white separatist, was ignorant or did not know what the Arian Nations Church was all about is so naive as to prove once and for all that you truly have a bee in that bonnet of yours.
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Midnight Moonlight

If you ever feel lonesome when you're down in San Antone
Beg, steal or borrow two nickels or dime to call me on the phone
And I'll meet you at Alamo Mission, where we can say our prayers
The Holy Ghost and the Virgin Mother will heal us as we kneel there
In the moonlight, in the midnight, in the moonlight, midnight, moonlight

If you ever feel sorrow for the deeds you have done
With no hope for tomorrow in the setting of the sun
And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been
And that last good morning sunrise will be the brightest you've ever seen
In the moonlight, in the midnight, in the moonlight, midnight, moonlight
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
To me Randy Weaver was an idiot who got his family killed by being a hanger on at the Arian Nations Church and agreeing to commit a gun related crime
View Quote

Well, first, being an idiot isn't a crime in itself yet, or we would have 80% of the population jailed. Second, he didn't "commit a gun related crime", Weaver was talked into not paying a $200 tax. Hardly reason enough to have his family killed.

Other than that, yep, I think he's somewhat of a prick, but it wasn't him who sought "hero status", it was Lon Horiuchi (sp?) who made him and his family a martyr for the 2nd Amendment.

(you guys need to learn that not agreeing  with somebody 100% doesn't make him an enemy but a useful ally)
Link Posted: 8/21/2002 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I will never forget.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top