Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 12:20:56 AM EDT
Are they worth it? I just got an iPhone 6 and was thinking about getting one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:23:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I put one on my iPhone 6. I like it better than the film-type.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Did it lay on smooth? I hate the bubbles I always get with the plastic ones.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:34:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It's about saving the life of your $500 phone.

Yes, buy it. It greatly increases your screen's durability from cracking. The tempered glass is the sacrificial lamb.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:34:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Spigen GLAS.tr slim

These things are far superior to any film protector. Very easy to apply (without getting bubbles), very scratch/shatter resistant. If it shatters, the tempered glass still holds together well enough that there won't be any jagged edges to cut yourself on.

Also, they're is no color distortion and won't hamper conduction to the screen, so there's no loss of sensitivity. Plus you get that smooth glass feel rather than your fingers catching/dragging on plastic. And they clean easily, too...

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
My coworker swore by his when he first got it. Noticed it the other day peeling up a little with schmutz easing under it??

I bought a 3  pack of regular  screen protectors off amazon for the iPhone 6 for less than $10.  I'll stick with that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:37:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Get a ZAG.  The tempered glass ones are garbage.  My wife got the tempered glass, it's cracked and busted to the point of almost being unusable.  It did save the screen, but it's lasted less than 3 months.  I've had a ZAG for over 6 months, no bubbles, no peeling, no cracks, still looks brand new.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty partial to the Skinomi films.  Thet really tough and last well over a year.  Save your receipt and box and when is starts to peel up send it in for a free replacement.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:55:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get a ZAG.  The tempered glass ones are garbage.  My wife got the tempered glass, it's cracked and busted to the point of almost being unusable.  It did save the screen, but it's lasted less than 3 months.  I've had a ZAG for over 6 months, no bubbles, no peeling, no cracks, still looks brand new.
View Quote

Is this the one you have?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:58:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes.  I broke about 6 Galaxy S3's running and doing other shit with them.  I've beaten my S5 twice as hard and I have one of those padded things around the periphery and a tempered glass screen protector.  I chipped the tempered glass and it's got a crack running through it now, but the phone underneath is still in great shape.  I let the people at the Verizon store put it on and you can't tell it's there, or at least couldn't pre-chip.  I hated the plastic film ones for the record.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Viewing this through my tempered glass protector on my new iPhone 6.

I never had any issues with the old film types on my older iPhone, I do like this one better though. I replaced the old film ones annually because they would scratch, I don't think ill have that problem with this one
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:02:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Best Skins Ever
I like this company a lot. The product costs less because there's no fancy packaging. They put the stuff in an normal envelope and send it that way, so you aren't paying shipping for the box of air, little spray bottle of water, and plastic card.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I think mine is the smudge proof model.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:07:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Totally smooth. No bubbles at all. I've have it on for about 3 months with an Otterbox Symmetry and have no "lifting" issues.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:09:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Or, you could just try acting like an adult around your smartphone.

At age 7, your average kid breaks his eyeglasses every several months.

By age 14, the breakage is down to once or twice a year.

By age 21, his vision changes before his eyeglasses break.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the suggestions everybody.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:35:33 AM EDT
[#16]
i have one. it's great but it already has chips in it from bouncing around in the backpack pocket with my keys when i trail run. still great though.

i think you can always send it back to be replaced if it ever breaks.

yup, lifetime warranty. the brand is ZAGG

they send you a new one with an envelope and you send your old one back. only charged for shipping and handling.
http://www.zagg.com/replacements
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spoken like someone that sits at a desk for eight hours a day.

Eyeglasses and smartphones are nothing alike when comparing toughness of the glass. Eyeglasses are tough as shit. All it takes to lose a screen on your iphone is one awkward drop from three feet high.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:47:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Eyeglasses and smartphones are nothing alike when comparing toughness of the glass. Eyeglasses are tough as shit. All it takes to lose a screen on your iphone is one awkward drop from three feet high.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And yet young kids still manage to break their eyeglasses much more often than adults.

How do you explain this?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And yet young kids still manage to break their eyeglasses much more often than adults.

How do you explain this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you explain this?

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How do you explain this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you explain this?

Kids don't take care of their stuff?

But...how does that same logic apply to breaking a smart phone? Like I said, you could keep the phone in immaculate condition for six months, and all it takes is one small slip and your screen is gone. Having an unlucky accident does not equal abuse or neglect.

I spend my work week at industrial job sites. Guys carrying toolbags and ladders, constantly on the go all day long. Broken smartphone screens are exceedingly common in that type of environment.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How do you explain this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you explain this?

The same response.  Most kids get out and 'experience' life.  They run, they play, they fall down.  Most adults sit at a desk and dream about falling down.

Why do you think some adults are harder on equipment like cell phones than others?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:42:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The same response.  Most kids get out and 'experience' life.  They run, they play, they fall down.  Most adults sit at a desk and dream about falling down.

Why do you think some adults are harder on equipment like cell phones than others?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you explain this?

That's easy: Some adults are more "adult" than others.

A real adult knows that if something is expensive and/or fragile, you make a conscious effort to avoid dropping it - which explains why:

1. Very few babies are dropped by their parents, and

2. Most parents won't hand their baby over to a random person on the street.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are they worth it? I just got an iPhone 6 and was thinking about getting one.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:12:42 AM EDT
[#24]
I bought the one Verizon was selling for my S5. Looking through it right now. Been on for probably 8 months. No issues. I keep my phone in my pocket at work and it gets banged around some.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:14:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I have it on my Galaxy S5,

it broke and shattered..therefore, it did its job and prevented the glass from breaking.

The company has a lifetime warranty and sent me a new one.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I just got one of these tempered glass setups last week on my GS5. So far I'm liking it, mainly because those plastic films have a very very different coefficient of friction against skin, and I've found that some of the shit I get on my hands (solvents, metallic dust, etc) seems to haze them up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:38:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

it broke and shattered..therefore, it did its job and prevented the glass from breaking.
View Quote

How do you know that the glass would have broken if the "protector" had not shattered instead?

Are you a wizard?

A traveler to alternate realities?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:43:09 AM EDT
[#28]
My Note 2 lasted almost 2 years, dropped hundred of times. Along comes my Golden and bumps it off my desk and shattered the glass. Put clear packing tape on it and carried on. Great phone.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:48:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you explain this?

Me personally I have nerve damage to my left hand and am continually dropping stuff, particularly if I am tired. I will drop my phone every 3 or 4 minutes.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:09:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How do you know that the glass would have broken if the "protector" had not shattered instead?

Are you a wizard?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a wizard?

Maybe it's time to take a break from the internet.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you a wizard?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top