Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 10:15:29 PM EDT
I enjoy reading and hearing about peoples draw down stories. If you have ever had to pull your firearm, please tell me about it. thank you!

Gee
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
this one time and band camp...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I have too many posts for a drawn down story  ..

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Here we go again...

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
All of my draw down stories involve conveyor belts. To avoid a potential flame war, I'll refrain from posting.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hate the avatar, agree with the man.

Most people with REAL draw down stories don't have much interest in talking about it.  Especially on the great brain trust that is Arfcom, where the great arfcom couch commandos that have never been in a real life threatening situation will tell you how bad you fucked up.  It doesn't matter if you fucked up or not though.

Pat Rogers, Clint Smith, and Mas Ayoob could all watch it go down, and all 3 post here as the follow up 3 posts to your original account of it, and tell everyone you did perfect.  40% of arfcom would still tear you apart telling you how bad you fucked up.

Not to mention, people that ask this are usually trolls.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Why would I post about something like that on the internet? I got nothing to prove yo
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most people with REAL draw down stories don't have much interest in talking about it.  Especially on the great brain trust that is Arfcom, where the great arfcom couch commandos that have never been in a real life threatening situation will tell you how bad you fucked up.  It doesn't matter if you fucked up or not though.

Pat Rogers, Clint Smith, and Mas Ayoob could all watch it go down, and all 3 post here as the follow up 3 posts to your original account of it, and tell everyone you did perfect.  40% of arfcom would still tear you apart telling you how bad you fucked up.

hammer, nail
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I have only had to pull my firearm for self defense one time, in 2005.  While I was ready to fire, the person upon whom it was pulled started crying and ran away. The story goes as follows:

Me and two friends were at his house when we get a call(around 10:00 pm.) from another friend who got stuck in the mud while 4 wheeling.  So friend A goes around to the back of his house to get his truck, while me and friend B go to the front of his house, walk up the stairs to the road, and wait to get picked up by friend A.  While waiting on friend A to bring his truck around, friend B and I notice someone standing near a car down the road.  We saw him looking around as he got closer to the car, but from where he was he couldn't see us.  We then saw him bend over, slash the tires on the car, look around again, and proceed to walk in our direction.  When he got almost right in front of us he saw us, and looked over and said "what's up fellas?"  I noticed from the first time I saw him that he was carrying something, which up until he got close I thought was a tire iron.  It turned out to be a hunting type knife, which he was still carrying open in his hand until.  After he first talked to us with the "what's up fellas", friend B asked him if he had just slashed the tires on that car.  He then stopped walking, turned and said "no I was just checking my watch."  When he stopped walking I had already placed my hand on my gun.  Friend B then told him that it sure looked and sounded like he just let the air of that cars tires.  The guy then took one step towards us when I pulled my G19 and pointed it at him and told him not to take one more step towards us.  He just started balling crying and ran off down the road.  I was shaking horribly after it happen, as that was the first and only time that I have ever felt threatened enough by someone to pull a weapon on them.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hammer, nail
I occaisonally get shit right.  Especially when I'm getting out of writing two papers and deciding to put my lawyer on notice about the whole gender difference thing at work that changed today.  I now have female students.  14-45 days in a truck alone with a woman, asking to catch a charge.  If I fail her, I'm pretty sure I will.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Furthermore, if someone has been forced into a situation where they actually DID have to squeeze the trigger, much more likely than not they will not want to talk about it. Especially on an open forum on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Furthermore, if someone has been forced into a situation where they actually DID have to squeeze the trigger, much more likely than not they will not want to talk about it. Especially on an open forum on the internet.
Yep, it's rare I've talked to a lawful shooter that didn't want to forget the whole thing.  And you're right about posting it so openly, it'll be used by the civil lawyers as bragging.

"Normally I'm blabby, but I decided to keep quiet on this one" Cole Virgil Cole
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

thats odd you say that becuase I frequent this forum and almost every day i see new threads about people having to draw down on someone..
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not looking to piss on anybodies parade. I simply want to read about some of the situations you all have seen. if you dont want to talk about it,, fine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:45:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have only had to pull my firearm for self defense one time, in 2005.  While I was ready to fire, the person upon whom it was pulled started crying and ran away. The story goes as follows:

Me and two friends were at his house when we get a call(around 10:00 pm.) from another friend who got stuck in the mud while 4 wheeling.  So friend A goes around to the back of his house to get his truck, while me and friend B go to the front of his house, walk up the stairs to the road, and wait to get picked up by friend A.  While waiting on friend A to bring his truck around, friend B and I notice someone standing near a car down the road.  We saw him looking around as he got closer to the car, but from where he was he couldn't see us.  We then saw him bend over, slash the tires on the car, look around again, and proceed to walk in our direction.  When he got almost right in front of us he saw us, and looked over and said "what's up fellas?"  I noticed from the first time I saw him that he was carrying something, which up until he got close I thought was a tire iron.  It turned out to be a hunting type knife, which he was still carrying open in his hand until.  After he first talked to us with the "what's up fellas", friend B asked him if he had just slashed the tires on that car.  He then stopped walking, turned and said "no I was just checking my watch."  When he stopped walking I had already placed my hand on my gun.  Friend B then told him that it sure looked and sounded like he just let the air of that cars tires.  The guy then took one step towards us when I pulled my G19 and pointed it at him and told him not to take one more step towards us.  He just started balling crying and ran off down the road.  I was shaking horribly after it happen, as that was the first and only time that I have ever felt threatened enough by someone to pull a weapon on them.

Thank you. I enjoyed reading this. it is much appreciated
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#18]
My biggest questions are always how was the defensive shooter treated by the responding cops, were they advised by 911 to put the gun down, un load, put it away or what ever.

Was the defence gun taken by the cops and if so how long before the shooter got it back, if were anyother guns, which the shooter may own, but were not used taken?

And then on tothe shooting itself, if the shooter ever had any training, military, police, private, did the training kick in, or was it just blast until there wasn't anything left to blast at?

Do thinks like sights come into play?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My biggest questions are always how was the defensive shooter treated by the responding cops, were they advised by 911 to put the gun down, un load, put it away or what ever.

Was the defence gun taken by the cops and if so how long before the shooter got it back, if were anyother guns, which the shooter may own, but were not used taken?

And then on tothe shooting itself, if the shooter ever had any training, military, police, private, did the training kick in, or was it just blast until there wasn't anything left to blast at?

Do thinks like sights come into play?
In neither of my cases was my firearm taken.  But I didn't fire either.  The second case was witnessed by a LEO (he was a regular customer of mine, we knew each other fairly well) that also drew down on the person.  We realized very quickly we were in a bad situation, and both moved towards each other slightly. At that point, homeboy dropped his gun and the LEO took him into custody, when he was handcuffed I put my piece back in the holster.  The store was locked up for a half hour while we did the paperwork and for the next week I had a shotgun under the counter in addition to my Glock expecting a higher chance of trouble.

I moved before it came, robbery eventually got so bad at that store that they started closing at 9 instead of being 24 hours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top