Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:12:08 AM EDT
I've got a 2nd generation night vision scope that will mount quick and easy on a flat top AR15.
I've never gotten the chance to use this neat piece of equipment and wonder if I'm missing out on some kind of fun???

I'd prefer varmint shooting, but I don't suppose PD's or wood chucks are active at night...are they?

Can anybody out there tell me if they've ever used a night scope for coyote shooting? Or, what kind of varmint have you hunted at night? Is it fun doing this kind of shooting at night? What ease or difficulties do you experience? Practical, not practical?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty cool
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
It's illegal in my state.  Check your laws first.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It's illegal in most states to use night vision equipment while hunting game.  I don't know whether this applies to varmints or not.  Check your local laws.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't do alot of hunting but isn't it illegal to hunt at night period?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I understand that most states are concerned about poachers taking deer and other large game at night. But, it seem's strange that their wouldn't be some means for taking varmints , which is as you know mostly unregulated in most staes.

Wosre case scenerio, I would imagine it should at least  be legal on private owned acreage.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I don't do alot of hunting but isn't it illegal to hunt at night period?

It is in Oregon - If you get caught
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's illegal in my state.  Check your laws first.

same here..... getting busted could get your gear confiscated not to mention the fines ect.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Straaaaange......then what are these things supposed to be used for? (....don't answer that   )
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I use my Thales unit(s) for night time target acquisition.  For the most part, hunting, other than racoon hunting, is not permitted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top