Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 4:59:56 PM EDT
I posted this in the AK forum, but figured I would get a quicker response here. I came across a used NIB VEPR in .308 with wood furniture and thumbhole stock. The sticker price is $600. What is the going rate for one of these things? It was a pretty rifle and it would be neat to have a Russian gun.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy that motherfucker and don't look back!!!!

I bought mine for $640 3.5 years ago.  If it is used, "but like new" and has all 5 magazines, I wouldn't even try to jew the dealer (well, hagle a little, but if he don't come down your still good to go)  The reasons are 1) Wood VEPR 308s are rare these days 2) I see prices on GB for $800 +.

Check this out: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=80&t=80686
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it USED? Or New In Box?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
VEPRs are quite possibly the best AKs produced and that price is outstanding. Buy it as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
a guy bought it and never fired it. Sold it back to the shop.

ETA: This is another member's pic, but this is what it looks like minus the scope.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've heard that before.  Check it out still.  Crown, chamber, finish (the finish is some kind of Russian painted and baked shit that will turn purple and melt off with solvents other than CLP.  Its a hard and good finish, just don't like gunscrubber or bore scrubber)

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've heard that before.  Check it out still.  Crown, chamber, finish (the finish is some kind of Russian painted and baked shit that will turn purple and melt off with solvents other than CLP.  Its a hard and good finish, just don't like gunscrubber or bore scrubber)

It looks new, finish, wood, etc. I was surprised when he said he is selling at a "used" price.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks new, finish, wood, etc. I was surprised when he said he is selling at a "used" price.

than its used, but never-the-less, if its like new, its a good deal.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one and love it, BTW there was one in local classified ads the other day wood stock said it was in good shape $400. It was gone very quickly.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a VEPR K

it is as nice as any galil or Valmet  IMO and 25% the cost of the other 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top