BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 5:17:31 AM EDT
Subject says it all
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one in my area Coon Rapids, MN.

Seem to have a good selection of a lot of outdoors stuff. Lots of handguns, longguns, shotguns. They even have Ar's and M1A's.  Price on them is not bad either, I thought. I am very happy they are in the area. They even had a deal a while back, no financing for 1 year. That was great, but not on the pocketbook.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#2]
That's exactly what I want to hear...I am very excited now.

P.S....we are neighboors in the big picture......I'm in Fargo.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:36:22 AM EDT
[#3]
BIG selection of goods, great prices.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Do they have reloading supplies?  Wolf ammo??
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:07:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do they have reloading supplies?  Wolf ammo??

Yep
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Big selection...decent prices

But around here at least......not real knowledgeable people
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Outstanding!  They sre building one here as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#8]

not real knowledgeable people

I think I like that better...the cocky bastards at our existing stores think they know everything.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The people here in the gun department seem to know a lot. They even had some snap caps. I got some trigger time on some pistols I am looking at. Got to love the trigger on the Kimber .45's. They have the best selection in the area. I plan on doing all my christmas shopping there, at least the stuff for me.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:23:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

not real knowledgeable people

I think I like that better...the cocky bastards at our existing stores think they know everything.

The ones at the store in Midvale, UT are "hunters".  The last time I was there - the day after the ban expired - one of them was telling a customer "there is NO purpose for a bayonet lug, and you only need 5 rounds for real hunting."

I figure they are voting for Kerry.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I stopped one of their drywall installers Sunday morning...he was hanging around the front several hours before the rest of the work crew showed up, and their tool sheds have been hit by burglars a couple of times. He said that they are scheduled to open on the 16th, and their firearms display section is 200 feet long. This is supposed to be one of the biggest stores in the chain.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:34:44 AM EDT
[#12]
This is sounding better with every post.

We just had a Gander Mountain open here...it is fine, but their reloading area stinks and I would shit a brick if I were to see a "Evil Black Gun" on the rack.....damn, I can't wait until SW opens.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:46:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#14]
HK, we're neighbors in the smaller sense, I'm in Fargo also.

You should see the Sportsmen's warehouse in St. Cloud. VERY NICE.  They have pistols hangin on the wall like Fleet Farm has hammers!

When I heard about Gander coming, I thought "Big whoop" because the one in St. CLoud sucks. But the one here is actually pretty well stocked.

One thing I heard about the SW is that they won't deal in trades or used guns. Just hearsay at this point though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I agree, Gander Mountain doesn't suck by any means. I am more of a shooter/collector/reloader then a hunter and GM is very hunting related....It sounds like SW may cater more to guys like me.

Rhino...let's go shoot sometime!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:37:33 AM EDT
[#16]
mini-cabelas....

they used to be more expensive but now that cabelas is putting a store down withing 20 miles of mine (Provo utah),  they are suddenly a lot more competitive
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#17]
A near-by Cabela's sells Wolf ammo for $115/1000 for .223 and about $80/1000 for 7.62x39....anybody know Sportsmen's Warehouse's prices on these?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:52:20 AM EDT
[#18]
There is a Cabelas 15 miles from me.  But I went to a sportsmans warehouse last year in Kennewick WA,  and it was really nice.  Plus they carry nightforce scopes.  Cabelas wont.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I was in one in Albuquerque this summer and was really impressed by their reloading selection. Powder prices were good, bullets a little high, but all in all very nice. I live near San Antonio, we have nothing that good around here. They are going to build one in Round Rock, the other side of Austin so I guess I will drive some to get to it. A cabelas is going to open in Buda next year which is a little closer but I have found their on line prices higher than everyone else. John
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Expect cheap prices when they open and they jack them up as they kill the local stores,,JUST LIKE WAL-MART.  Locally, they had some nasty things to say about black rifles and hi-caps. The quote of the day was "It's Sportsmans Warehouse NOT Rambo's Warehouse."  They do sell stuff made in America,,,,unlike Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#21]
good stuff there, kind of a minature Cabela's. Great store, Great Prices.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stopped one of their drywall installers Sunday morning...he was hanging around the front several hours before the rest of the work crew showed up, and their tool sheds have been hit by burglars a couple of times. He said that they are scheduled to open on the 16th, and their firearms display section is 200 feet long. This is supposed to be one of the biggest stores in the chain.

NOTE TO SELF:  Take a vacation day of the 16th.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Got one here in Silverdale recently, And I didn't escape from the store without spending more than about $1500 the first couple days - got a SA1911A Gov't, and a Marlin 45-70 gov't and a bunch of other stuff.

Pretty decent pricing, even now about 6 months after the opening-

Yeah, a mini-Cabela's is probably a reasoanble description.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Good selection of just about everything.  Hundreds of pistols hanging on the walls.  Most of the girls that work there are pretty hot too.  You'll love it there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#25]
They have great deals on ammo from time to time.  You can join the buyers club and get even better deals.  We are fortunate in the twin cities because the warehouse is in St. Paul and they have some great deals on returns.  I got a perfect condition $100 Coleman dual fuel lantern for $7.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#26]
The one here in NW Phoenix has extensive reloading supplies and Wolf ammo.

Their prices on guns are so-so, the CS is great. One of my hunting buddies bought a new bow there and he said it was the best price he could find on that particular model, including the internet.

Their prices on hunting and outdoor clothing are REAL good, as well as their prices and selection on outdoors/hunting footwear.

The one by me has just about everything-complete hunting and fishing sections, kayaks, canoes, quad accessories, tents, offroad equipment, boating supplies.

Too bad I'm already pretty well geared up or they'd get some action and dollars out of me. My major purchases so far have been only Wolf ammo for the AK and travel cases for the rifles and handguns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Have only been to the new one in Albuquerque a couple of times.  Prices seemed OK, but not outstanding.   Good place for one stop shopping.  Their house branded stuff was priced pretty good.  Just ask them who manufactures their house brands and they will tell you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#28]
They asked me for ID when I bought some ammo. I showed them my retired military ID and they gave me a 5% discount on my entire purchase.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#29]
The hunting/gun department employees in my local store are IDIOTS.  I've been in there several times looking and clerks helping other people have asked me questions about the guns.  The gun department manager here is an A$$HAT.  Took him two weeks to get me a price on a Bushmaster lower, I had to send an e-mail to corporate to get him to do it.  It took four weeks to arrive after he ordered it.

There selection is pretty good and price better than most.  When they fire the gun department manager here I will start buying things there again.  Oh and a friend manages one of the Utah stores.

Paraord16
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I have been to both stores in Oregon and the one in Alaska.  They are all set up almost the same inside.  They have an outstanding selection of  outdoor (like I define outdoor) gear.

I had a problem with a product line in AK and they did a fast exchange with "Sorry it didn't work."  Beings the first one didn't work out I was leary of trying another.  They said: "Try it, if it doesn't work out drop it off on your way to the airport and we'll gladly give you your money back."  No problems with getting my money back.

The staff has always treated me very well at all the stores.  

It seems special orders for things they don't stock (not in their book) can be a problem to get and the cost goes up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I travel down to the one in Kennewick every now and then. They do have fair prices.

I did ask them if they were going to carry standard capacity mags and they stated that they "haven't heard from corporate on the issue yet".

If they won't stock the standard mags I will not shop there anymore.

It's basically a grown mans ToysR'us. And yes, the store does have a few cuties working for them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Must be nice Im going to go throw a tantrum now...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top