Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/23/2002 2:24:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/23/2002 2:30:40 PM EST by lordtrader]
Where would one live if one was looking for upper middle class neighborhood. Not that I'm being snobby but these neighborhoods tend to have lesser crime. Nightlife good? Places to avoid. I know they have El Pollo Loco there and that is close to CA as I can get without being there. Have job interview there next Monday. Note getting hopes up cause everytime I do the fucking thing falls apart. But it couldn't hurt to prepare.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:33:00 PM EST
Alamo Heights.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:34:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By Arock: Alamo Heights.
View Quote
Is that a district in San Antonio or an out of town suburb?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:38:28 PM EST
A potential shooting buddy? Cool! [flame suit]Avoid the East, West & South sides. Go North. If you work downtown, rush hour traffic from the North Central area sucks, but it's a nice part of town to live in. Northwest has a lot to offer too and the traffic to downtown isn't as bad. In general, the farther north you go, the better. I'm not too hip on the night life, but SA is swarming with options, especially around the riverwalk. As a whole, I think there are tons of places you might like, but I couldn't begin to compare with other cities. If things work out job-wise, I can put you in touch with the world's most honest real estate agent and the world's most honest mortgage broker. [/flame suit] I'm just brimming with opinions. Email if you like! Good luck Monday -- we could use more black rifle aficionados! [:)]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:41:37 PM EST
Ah yes, [b]Arock[/b] is right. Alamo Heights is inside Loop 410 toward the Northeast and is one of the very few mature areas where homes are likely to retain or gain value in the future. Unlike many New England cities, many neighborhoods around here tend to go straight into the toilet as they mature, but not Alamo Heights.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:42:17 PM EST
I second the motion for Alamo Heights. In fact the farther north you go the more upscale the living. I was stationed on Lackland AFB for awhile and had lot's of fun there. The River Walk at night is a blast.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 2:54:01 PM EST
I would go Alamo Heights if I could afford the houses. That and too many Soccor Moms and the girls I dated in that area tended to have a attitude problem if you couldn't prvide them with what they wanted. I found a good house near Sea World, quiet neighbor hood, mostly retired millitary, and affordable. We have Sea World, Fiesta Texas, Splash Town and Schliterbahn near by. Night life is usually downtown on Commerce St. Fri. night. Every one use to hang out on Millitary Dr. Sun. nights. Street Racing is now a Felony from what I hear so the Millitary Dr. thing may not happen any more. Other than that I can't really think of anything else here in SA besides the Alamo and the IMAX.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:18:17 PM EST
Alamo Heights, Hollywood Park, Terrell Hills, Helotes, 1604/Stone Oak Parkway area, Live Oak, are nice areas. As was mentioned, avoid the west, south, and east areas of town.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:13:14 PM EST
How did it go? You moving south?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:16:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2002 9:16:49 PM EST by lordtrader]
Originally Posted By BlammO: How did it go? You moving south?
View Quote
I think the interview went well. I am waiting to hear from them. If they don't call me by the end of next week, I will check and see what's up. I'm a tad bit worried though. Its a rinky dink lil firm but the money is really good. The bond market is doing great right now, but that firm may not last if the bond market takes a tank. I'll just have to play it by ear and see.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:41:09 PM EST
Hey LT, what would you be doing, selling new issues or what? How about a couple of bond questions? What does the issuer do to squeeze a little savings out of the market, if they don't need the cash? Rates go up, prices go down, issuer buys on open market? Rates go down, prices go up, issuer calls the bond? What about those rate swaps you hear about? How are they done? And WTF is defeasance?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:56:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/2/2002 9:57:17 PM EST by Winston_Wolf]
... there's only so much lipstick you can put on a girl [b]LT[/b]
Top Top