Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 8:52:06 PM EDT by Badseed]
www.macom-wireless.com/products/pve/

ProVoice in a nutshell is proprietary technology Radio Trunking System which is not monitorable without the investment of $1600 or there abouts for a radio... as of recent - catering to LE

Provoice on a whole, as a monitoring enthusiast, is a real pain. I have some quick questions, which I figured would be best answered here.

1. LE is now "closed-circuit" aside from seeing a patrol in your neighborhood or taking a report on the side of the road. (It is my irrational belief that monitoring public safety commo, is an added layer of checks and balances)

2. The latest and greatest buzzword in this theatre is "agency interoperability". I may be missing something, but how does having a closed system with a few VHF's and some low-bands for patching constitute commo in a situation where many agencies are involved, specifically Harrison Co. after Katrina?

3. How was it during the week after the storm? I was not here in the 6 days post... Were all the agencies communicating efficiently and without troubles? If so, (as an example) I'd love to know how Indiana State patrol units were pairing up with Harrison county on the Provoice with their Motorola radios?

I was dropped into Gautier High shcool and FL had their own broadcast center set up... part of their IC deployment, but there was a reason they were using it.

I'm going to pause now - to see if I am an idiot, or if I have an argument.

Who watches the watchers? Not the same people that approved it....
Top Top