Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2004 6:09:16 AM EDT
I have friends down there (Jensen Beach) and it's on my list of places to move to.  They love it down there and say the Sheriff will sign off on anything that is legal under Federal Law.  

I don't care about no stinkin' job except maybe part-time to pay for ammo for an M60.  

TIA
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Last time I heard Bobby Crowder was Sheriff. Seemed like a good guy when I met him. I had a few friends who worked for MCSO and they said he was OK. One of them owned some class 3 and he never reported any problems. J.D. Holt was the Sheriff back in the 80's and 90's and he was good people. J.D. was a local rancher and legend had it he would walk around with a Colt SAA tucked in his jeans. He would sign for anything if you weren't a POS.  I'll try to find out what the current situation is and post it .
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes,  he is the still the current Sheriff of Martin County.

www.sheriff.martin.fl.us/sheriff.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I got in touch with my buddy and he says Sheriff Crowder is pro-gun and will usually sign class 3 and C&R paperwork. Hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT

Can anyone else who lives or is familiar with Martin County tell me about the area. I'm mostly interested in real estate/housing costs and desirable areas/neighborhoods or areas to avoid. TIA
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I am currently in Jensen Beach forced from my house by Hurricane Jeanne. I lived here for about fourteen years, tell me what you want to know and I will try to help. Or email me off-site with specifics i will tell ya what I can.  DD
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:09:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am currently in Jensen Beach forced from my house by Hurricane Jeanne. I lived here for about fourteen years, tell me what you want to know and I will try to help. Or email me off-site with specifics i will tell ya what I can.  DD

That sucks about your house.  Thanks for your offer.  I'll put together a list  of questions.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Im in Port Saint Lucie (Jensen's neighbor to the North)...I have seen quite a few posts from people in this area lately, didnt realize we were represented so well on ARFCOM.

I smell a group trip to the range in the future...whadda Y'all think?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Used to be a quite place with great snook fishing but that was 20 years ago.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
That's one of the fastest growing areas of the state.  St. Lucie & Marting Counties are getting out of hand with carpetbaggers.  It's getting so a native born cracker can't find any nice coastal towns to hang out in and smoke some mullet.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Still is a good place to go snook fishing.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still is a good place to go snook fishing.

Any place that has good snooking fishing has to be a good place to live
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#12]
love fishing, but it takes away from my shooting.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Madmedic, seen you post a few times. I take it from your name you MAY be in the fire/med profession. If so, our paths have probably met being a former/not so former FF/Emt.  DD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top