Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 12:26:16 PM EDT
Have y'all ever heard of this guy?  He's doing a speech here at UTSA tomorrow called "What the Liberals aren't telling you about Iraq."  I think I've seen him on TV before... apparently he's a pretty controversial guy that liberals hate.  Hopefully I'll get to go to his speech - that is unless a bunch of hippies beat me there just so they can protest
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have his book "Illiberal Education."  He exposes the PC-run-amok condition of our college campuses.

If I had the chance to hear him speak I would go.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have y'all ever heard of this guy?  He's doing a speech here at UTSA tomorrow called "What the Liberals aren't telling you about Iraq."  I think I've seen him on TV before... apparently he's a pretty controversial guy that liberals hate.  Hopefully I'll get to go to his speech - that is unless a bunch of hippies beat me there just so they can protest

Definently go!

I'm not sure if he was born in India or born here.  

He dresses very Brooks Bros preppy.

He worked for Reagan and is one of the biggest RR conservative supporters I've seen give a public speech.

When the History Channel did thier show about the Greatest American, D'Souza was the representative for Reagan.  

Among other things, liberals hate him because he "should" be a liberal, but instead he is a real conservative.  He is not an evil white man so they cant villianize him.

Edit - he spoke at my university last year or the year before last
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Back when I was a subscriber to National Review he was a regular contributor,  Good guy.  m_s
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Just listen to the titles of his books

What’s So Great About America
Letters to a Young Conservative
Illiberal Education: The Politics of Race and Sex on Campus
The End of Racism
Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary Man Became an Extraordinary Leader
The Virtue of Prosperity: Finding Values in an Age of Techno Affluence

He was born and raised in India, btw.

Been listed as one of the most influenetial young conservatives several times.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven't heard much from him lately.  He's an old hand at National Review, but he's a fairly young guy.  Was in college in the late 80's, I think.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]
He graduated college in the early 80s, looks young though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Definently go!

I'm not sure if he was born in India or born here.  

He dresses very Brooks Bros preppy.

He worked for Reagan and is one of the biggest RR conservative supporters I've seen give a public speech.

When the History Channel did thier show about the Greatest American, D'Souza was the representative for Reagan.  

Among other things, liberals hate him because he "should" be a liberal, but instead he is a real conservative.  He is not an evil white man so they cant villianize him.

Edit - he spoke at my university last year or the year before last

I hear he's always being called a racist too, when apparently has a book called The End of Racism.  Should be interesting.  I'm interested to hear what he has to say, and like I said, hopefully I can get a seat before any of the liberal pukes that are just going to bitch at him.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top