Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/8/2003 4:58:17 AM EDT
Hello to everyone this morning. I am new to this board but have enjoyed it a great deal. If I installed a non-pinned telescopic stock (Functional) on my ar-15 how to I do this legally to comply with BATF guidelines. Also I would like to construct a semi-auto version of a Colt Commando. Again how do I comply with BATF guidelines to insure the legality of both firearms. The Commando would have a 11.5" barrel and fuctional telescopic stock, however the action would be semi-auto only. Any advice would be appreciatd. I live in the state of Louisiana if that is of any benefit.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:19:42 AM EDT
Short version of the answer is that the telescoping stock will need to be on a lower receiver that was lawfully possessed as a completely assembeled semiautomatic assault weapon on 9/13/94 (date of the 94 cime bill). The 11.5 barrel will need to be registered as a short barreled rifle (SBR) which requires a tax stamp and seperate forms to be filed and wait for approval. I'm sure others can give a more complete answer but this will give you some info to start on (try the search function) while you wait for the other answers.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:43:57 AM EDT
Oh god, not this question again! Just drill it and pin it and have fun!
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:54:20 AM EDT
Actually the ATF will love you more if you weld the CAR stock in the open position and just put on a 16in barrrel [:)] The other choice is to remove the gas tube assembley so its not semi-auto anymore ([url]http://www.quarterbore.com/nfa/sbr-aow-pistol.html[/url]). It would probably easier and cheaper just to buy a pre-ban rifle and reconfigure it though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 2:36:14 AM EDT
What about welding or pinning it in a partially open position, say about halfway?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:12:17 PM EDT
The definition of semiautomatic assault rifle 921(a)(30)(B) doesn't say anything about the length of the stock itself, just says "a folding or telescoping stock".
Top Top