Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/23/2004 2:32:08 PM EST
www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2810800

Trailer park resident kills neighbor with sword

By S.K. BARDWELL
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

A 42-year-old man was killed and a woman injured when a sword was brought to a fight at a trailer park in north Harris County overnight.

Harris County Sheriff's Department deputies said two neighbors drinking outside their trailers in the 1700 block of Greens road got into a fight about 3:30 a.m., and one went to retrieve his sword.

The 18-year-old suspect killed the victim, then went to the victim's trailer and attacked the victim's relatives. One woman was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening wounds, deputies said.

The suspect is in custody. The names of the victims and suspect have not yet been released.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:33:58 PM EST
Ahhh trailer parks, can't live without em!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:35:35 PM EST
There's been a lot of bad stuff going on in Houston area trailer parks lately. Another one had a man kill his family.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:35:43 PM EST
Wow. A bayonetting without an assault weapon attached...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:38:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By DDiggler:
Wow. A bayonetting without an assault weapon attached...

AND underage drinking. Triple bonus.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:41:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By peekay:
Ahhh trailer parks, can't live without em!

We could ban them? (trailer parks, not swords)

out!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:46:41 PM EST
Unfortunatley, the sword collecting community in this country is dominated by anti-gunners and other morons who can't see the writing on the wall. This is the second killing where a sword was used thsat I read about just today. It is only a matter of time before some politician feels the need to "do something" about it.

Sword owners refuse to get political and I would not be surprised if I find my swords being banned before my guns.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:50:43 PM EST
Was it a Hattori Hanzo sword?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:34:40 PM EST
This wouldnt have happened in Australia.....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:42:48 PM EST
Yup, I'm extremely active on one of the Sword Boards and while there are a lot of gun owners in the crowd, there are more who aren't and find the subject somewhat distasteful or downright ugly. Somehow the concept of weilding a weapon design to cut people in half is more appetizing to them than one that kills with a relatively small hole and doesn't require 20 freakin years of training to become effective with.

Don't get me wrong, I love swords and sword arts. I am a student of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu and its quickly becoming an obsession for me, but a weapon is a weapon and a sword can kill as well as a gun and with a much greater mess to boot. Fortunately I have some common ground with my senior instructor in that regard, but I miss having Don Nelson around of SFI to put on his moderator's hat and fight for the gunnies when someone tries to shut us down.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:51:14 PM EST
Strangely, I can't see myself standing in a trailer park doing my Duncan McCloud imitation while singing the Highlander theme.

I mean, "I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings" just doesn't fit with the trailer-park.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:16:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By icemanat95:
Yup, I'm extremely active on one of the Sword Boards and while there are a lot of gun owners in the crowd, there are more who aren't and find the subject somewhat distasteful or downright ugly. Somehow the concept of weilding a weapon design to cut people in half is more appetizing to them than one that kills with a relatively small hole and doesn't require 20 freakin years of training to become effective with.

Don't get me wrong, I love swords and sword arts. I am a student of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu and its quickly becoming an obsession for me, but a weapon is a weapon and a sword can kill as well as a gun and with a much greater mess to boot. Fortunately I have some common ground with my senior instructor in that regard, but I miss having Don Nelson around of SFI to put on his moderator's hat and fight for the gunnies when someone tries to shut us down.

Hey - I'm on SFI too. Haven't been there in months though - too hard to keep up with all of these boards. Don and I exchanged a few PMs about the gun issue with that site a few years back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:23:55 PM EST
You might be a redneck if........
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:30:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By nchapa:
You might be a redneck if........

Your gun rack has a sword in it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:57:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Strangely, I can't see myself standing in a trailer park doing my Duncan McCloud imitation while singing the Highlander theme.

I mean, "I am immortal, I have inside me blood of kings" just doesn't fit with the trailer-park.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:01:55 PM EST
Hmmmm....Trailer park......Texas....how were NO guns available in this situation??
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:05:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 5:09:05 PM EST by Ratters]
Was it this guy:

Mighty Foes

and another:

I am immune to edge weapons...
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:15:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ratters:
Was it this guy:

I LOVE that guy!!!

<crying> I am the mighty god of conquest!! </crying>
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:55:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 5:58:33 PM EST by Tallbob]
3:30AM.... I wonder if alcohol or drugs were involved.

Here is another. They just arrested three high school age guys in a rural Adams county Pennsylvania for beating to death a homeless man, with a tree branch or club, who lived in the woods for $5 and some booze.

Swords, clubs... Some great people running around loose.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:01:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By clean_cut:

By S.K. BARDWELL

A 42-year-old man was killed and a woman injured when a sword was brought to a fight at a trailer park in north Harris County overnight.

Harris County Sheriff's Department deputies said two neighbors drinking outside their trailers in the 1700 block of Greens road got into a fight about 3:30 a.m., and one went to retrieve his sword.

The 18-year-old suspect killed the victim, then went to the victim's trailer and attacked the victim's relatives. One woman was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life threatening wounds, deputies said.

The suspect is in custody. The names of the victims and suspect have not yet been released.

HASAN CHOP!!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:02:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By clean_cut:

By S.K. BARDWELL

Oh, man I miss Houston. Especially at 3am when the EMTs bring in some guy that's been hacked up with a machete or a sword, usually drunk and/or high, spitting blood at you. Wakes you right up. Better than coffee.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:07:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By spartacus2002:

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Must have been the answer given to detectives when they asked "Ma'am, did the suspect say anything prior to killing your son with a sword"?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:29:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By spork:
Was it a Hattori Hanzo sword?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:32:23 PM EST
Sheesh <--------- I just got a new truck right up there near Greens Road Musta been pretty pissed to go get a sword. Can you spell p r e m e d i t a t e d.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:36:50 PM EST
Who wants to bet it was a limited edition sword from QVC? lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:38:44 PM EST
Yeah I saw this on TV. Greesnpoint area a.k.a gunnspoint. in a trailer park no less. How utterly Texan huh? I wonder if he had on overalls as well
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:39:56 PM EST
So many trailer parks, so few tornados.
Top Top