Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/12/2002 10:16:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/12/2002 12:05:55 PM EDT by 9divdoc]
PROVIDENCE, R.I. ( AP ) - Media mogul Ted Turner says the Sept. 11 attacks were an act of desperation, and the hijackers were "brave" but probably "a little nuts." Turner, in a lecture at Brown University, also compared President Bush ( news - web sites ) to Julius Caesar. In a wide-ranging address Monday, the AOL Time Warner vice chairman said the attacks on the World Trade Center the Pentagon ( news - web sites ) were an outgrowth of poverty. "The reason that the World Trade Center got hit is because there are a lot of people living in abject poverty out there who don't have any hope for a better life," he said. He said the attacks were an act of desperation, and that Americans lack an understanding of a willingness to die for one's country. "I think they were brave at the very least," Turner said of the 19 airliner hijackers believed to have committed the attacks, adding that they "might have been a little nuts." The reason that the World Trade Center got hit is because there are a lot of people living in abject poverty this is not true why don't the mexicans form terror groups and 'hit' rich people, or the countless others who find themselves in 'abject' poverty? the wtc was hit because of the ideas held by the terrorists groups, only the limo liberals think otherwise. the ideas they hold are nihilist at root, and otherworldly in general [url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63701-2002Feb12.html[/url]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:20:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:21:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:29:05 AM EDT
Compared to Ted Turner [b]I[/b] live in abject poverty. So why doesn't he cut me a monthly check to help even out the disparity? Yea, like that's gonna' happen. His type is all for "redistribution" of wealth...as long as it isn't [b]his[/b] wealth.[pissed]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 10:55:08 AM EDT
Ted Turner is an ass! All the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, one of the richest countries, per capita, in the world. Any "abject poverty" is because the sheiks, like Bin Laden's family, are hoarding their wealth. The terrorist attacks stem from the fact that they hate America and our way of life. And since when do Americans not understand a willingness to die for one's country. We have had hundreds of thousands of Americans over in the past die to preserve and protect the freedoms that Ted enjoy. What a prick! I guess maybe he and "Hanoi Jane" don't understand a willingness to die for one's country, but I think the rest of us decent American's understand and respect the sacrifices that many brave men and women make every day in the defense of our country.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:04:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 9divdoc: PROVIDENCE, R.I. ( AP ) - Media mogul Ted Turner says the Sept. 11 attacks were an act of desperation, and the hijackers were "brave" but probably "a little nuts." Turner, in a lecture at Brown University, also compared President Bush ( news - web sites ) to Julius Caesar.
View Quote
You GOTTA love liberals. They use whatever slander / lie suits their purpose - EVEN if their slanderous lies, told within months of each other, OBVIOUSLY contradict each other. Six months ago, Bush had "no gravitas." Now, Bush is an arch mastermind of despotism like the world hasn't seen SINCE Julius Caesar. what fools. What evil fools.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:10:45 AM EDT
I don't have a link for the AP story above, but here's a link to the FOXNews version of the same story. [url]www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,45376,00.html[/url] USPC40 ------------------------------------------------- [b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url] [b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url] [b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url] [b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:23:25 AM EDT
What else do you expect from an SOB that would marry that commie bitch jane fonda?
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:34:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 11:45:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By EdAvilaSr:
Originally Posted By 9divdoc: ...."Americans lack an understanding of a willingness to die for one's country." Ted Turner
View Quote
Then all of those Americans who have given their lives had no idea that they were doing it for our country, and to preserve our way of life?
View Quote
Not only do Americans understand a willingness to die for their own country, they understand a willingness to die for SOMEONE ELSE'S country. Sorry Ted, but you're an idiot. Between Ted Bundy and you, you are my SECOND FAVORITE "Ted."
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:04:10 PM EDT
Ever notice that Ted Turner is a really weird guy? He even gave $1b of his own money to the UN! [whacko] so don't take what says too seriously, as it's clear the man isn't playing with a full deck.
Link Posted: 2/12/2002 12:22:35 PM EDT
Top Top