Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2002 6:24:48 PM EDT
[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,739466,00.html[/url]
Ted "The Red" Turner former hubby of "Hanoi" Jane Fonda foe to Vietnam Vets is (big surprise) Pro Palistinian and anti Israel.
Get a kick outta these guys...they blame the US for the attacks on the WTC ...they take the side of the terrorists who say exactly the same thing.
The Terrorists say they are justified in attacking the US because it sides with Israel..So does Ted
Ted Turner head of CNN news network...A Clintonista to boot...also hates Christians..Hates Israel ..whatta guy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Not unlike some of our more muddled members on this Board....

Eric The(NotNamingNames)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#4]
who cares what ted turner says.
he is the biggest jerk and #sshole!!!!
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 10:50:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya'll seem to forget a bit of news: old Ted gets tax payer's dollars for his ranch in MT for crop subsidy's. Yessir, old billionare Ted gets our tax dollars.
Link Posted: 6/17/2002 11:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Add him to the "axis of Evil"

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ilikelegs,

Being new here, you gotta tell me where you get the smiley faces like that!
View Quote

[url]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#11]
So, it started with the civil rights movement, then free love, free drugs, the Black Panthers, the poor misunderstood commies of Vietnam, China, and Russia, and now the cause of the day are the poor people of Palistine?

Aren't they satisfied chasing fishing boats?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
THANKS LOTBOY!

How do I put one on my posts?
View Quote

When you hit reply and the box where you type your message pops up, click on the [red]red[/red] Board Code link, this will tell you how to do it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2002 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#13]
[i]From HA'ARETZ of today[/i]

[b]Yes to air Fox News, in response to comments by CNN's Turner[/b]

By Ha'aretz Service

Yes satellite television will begin broadcasting the Fox News channel Thursday, in light of remarks made by CNN founder Ted Turner, equating IDF actions with terrorism, Israel Radio reported.

Even before Turner's comments, Israel's cable and satellite companies had received numerous letters from viewers requesting that the Fox News station be added to the viewing package, because they consider its coverage of the Middle East more balanced than CNN's, the radio said.

Yes had submitted the request to air Fox News to the Cable and Satellite TV Council some time ago, and in the last two days had stepped up contacts with the U.S. station. The deal was closed late Wednesday night.

Fox News was launched in 1996 and is owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Yona Wiesenthal, Yes's deputy CEO for marketing and content, said broadcasts would begin Thursday, and that the station number allotted to Fox News was close to that of CNN's. "Fox News broadcasts will be available to all Yes customers as part of the basic channel package for next few months," he told Israel Radio. "The channel will be broadcast on channel 25, while CNN is broadcast on channel 26. The proximity of the channels symbolizes that there is an alternative at the touch of a button."

Communication Minister Reuven Rivlin said Wednesday that CNN "has broken all the limits and red lines in the way it covered Israel." The minister said that if Turner had made his comments in Israel, he would have been declared persona non grata.

Turner was quoted Tuesday as saying Israel was engaged in "terrorism" against the Palestinians that could be compared to the suicide bomb attacks.

"Right now, aren't the Israelis and the Palestinians both terrorizing each other?" the 63-year-old billionaire founder of the 24-hour CNN news network said in an interview with the Guardian newspaper.

"The rich and the powerful, they don't need to resort to terrorism... The Palestinians are fighting with human suicide bombers - that's all they have.

"The Israelis... they've got one of the most powerful military machines in the world. The Palestinians have nothing. So who are the terrorists? I would make the case that both sides are involved in terrorism."

Later Tuesday, Turner said he regretted "any implication that I believe the actions taken by Israel to protect its people are equal to terrorism."

"My comments were part of a long and extensive interview that I gave two months ago when I was condemning the loss of human life," said Turner.

"The violence in the Middle East has reached an intolerable level, and in that interview I condemned that violence on whatever side it may come."

CNN issued a statement Tuedsay saying Turner "has no operational or editorial oversight of CNN" and was speaking for himself in the comments he made April 16 that were published Tuesday by The Guardian newspaper in London."

-----------------

This is the answer from Israelis...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top