Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 7:58:19 AM EDT
Too bad Tookie's not around to co-author!

SOURCE

Meet the latest children's author, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and his Portuguese Water Dog, Splash, his co-protagonist in "My Senator and Me: A Dogs-Eye View of Washington, D.C."

Scholastic Inc. will release the book in May.

"I am very excited about the opportunity to create a book for young readers and their families that will deepen their understanding of how our American government works," Kennedy said in a statement Monday issued by Scholastic.

According to Scholastic, Kennedy's book "not only takes readers through a full day in the Senator's life, but also explains how a bill becomes a law." Kennedy, a Massachusetts Democrat, was inspired to write the book from his work with a Washington-based reading program, "Everybody Wins!"

Kennedy's net proceeds will be donated to charity.

Books are a Kennedy family tradition, from John F. Kennedy's Pulitzer Prize-winning "Profiles in Courage" to the poetry compilations edited by Caroline Kennedy. Books about dogs are a Washington tradition, thanks to the best-selling "Millie's Book," by then-first lady Barbara Bush.

Ted Kennedy's book is 56 pages and includes illustrations by David Small, winner of the 2001 Caldecott Medal for his pictures in Judith St. George's "So You Want to Be President?"

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]

Hope "Splash" can swim better than MaryJo or it's gonna be a gruesome ending.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#2]
This opens up so much potential for wisecracks/sarcasm/truthful jabs at a huge pile of dog feces. However, there are many more here that can/will do this thread more justice than I ever could.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#4]
OMG I can't believe the dog's name is splash
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
OMG I can't believe the dog's name is splash

I guess it's better than Bubbles.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By rcoersMeet the latest children's author, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and his Portuguese Water Dog, Splash, his co-protagonist in "My Senator and Me: A Dogs-Eye View of Washington, D.C."

I don't know, I think that shows he's planning ahead.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna hafta call BS on the whole thing...

Splash...  water dog...  Ted Kennedy...

Come on.

The only book Teddy would pen would be his favorite pick up lines or maybe how to successfully plan a drunken orgy at the compound.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Why in the world would the AP make this up? I highly doubt it's BS...
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Ghost writer!

Paid by teddy!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#11]
He's trying to make up for his murders the way Tookie did.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I can see a psychology student somewhere rugging his/her hands together over their new thesis subject.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't ABC already cover this subject with the Schoolhouse Rock "I'm Just a Bill" video?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#15]
This just in. . . .

Ted Kennedy to write children's book...  

mary jane kopechne not availible for comment
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought it was titled "Unkie Teddy and His Drinkin and Womanizin Problems."
                                                       {and how to beat the charges}
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ghost writer!

Paid by teddy!

Why not? It worked fine when Ted Sorenson ghost wrote "Profiles In Courage" for Jack. Maybe Ted could get the guy who took the Massachusetts bar exam for him to do it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#18]

From the book's dust jacket:

Watch Splash frolic with William Kennedy Smith's dog, Rape.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I thought it was titled "Unkie Teddy and His Drinkin and Womanizin Problems."
                                                       {and how to beat the charges}

Lol. Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than the guns of all the civies on this site combined. :)
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#20]
A ...Water dog????  Got to be made up.  If it isn't it's the joke of the century.

By the way, is his next book a driving manual?  Or, is he going to write a boating skill and seamanship column?

Irish drinking songs?   "When I was a gossoon of eight yoears or so, with me books and me primer to school I would go;  ....where lay the schoolmaster blind drunk on the floor."   OK, "The bridge I would cross, where lay the senator blind drunk in the car?"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#21]
What's that Mary?... Your pregnant? Reeeally.. well, maybe you should put your seatbelt on you know we wouldn't want anything to happen to our bastard baby would we?..... What do you mean the buckle is stuck? Oh, look a bridge....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#23]
See Ted.
See Ted drink.
See Ted drink some more.
Ted has a problem.
See Ted drive.
See Ted crash!
Ted has a passenger, can you see her?
See Ted run!
Ted is a murderer.
See Ted pretend to judge others?
Ted is an ass.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ghost writer!

Paid by teddy!

Ghost writer? Is Mary Jo gonna write the thing for him? Hasn't he already done enough for her?b
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
If the noodle in the puddle is a pedofile with a poodle and a bottle we call it Ted Kennedy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
See Ted.
See Ted drink.
See Ted drink some more.
Ted has a problem.
See Ted drive.
See Ted crash!
Ted has a passenger, can you see her?
See Ted run!
Ted is a murderer.
See Ted pretend to judge others?
Ted is an ass sick piece of dog shit and an enemy of the State.

Fixed it for ya!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#27]
OMFG!!! Is he that convinced of his superiority that he can throw it in our faces? Is he one of those criminals that are ate up with guilt and start acting out so they get caught? Is he subconsciously trying to get caught or admit guilt? Or can he really do anything at all and never suffer and consequences?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top