Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2001 12:14:24 AM EDT
I found a pic of one of the TAs hanging with the actors.

[img]http://www.echoesmedia.com/refurbpics/Advisor.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#1]
What's all that dark brown stuff on top of their heads???

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#3]
didn't you know-Mall Ninja got deployed to the Somali Outlet Center....
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop it....You guys are killing me....got to go pee now......HAHA

RLTW
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Ahhh, grasshopper... If you had read the book, you would recall that the Delta guys had to get "military" haircuts for their annual unit photo's !
But, your correct... they probably are playing that role since they are wearing tactical vests and are "wired."
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that guy on the left carrying shotgun shells on his tac vest?  Didn't know they were carrying shotguns during the raid.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope they don't ruin this movie with a
f%#ing BS love story.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that guy on the left carrying shotgun shells on his tac vest?  Didn't know they were carrying shotguns during the raid.
View Quote

Masterkey shotguns were carried by some of the D and Rangers.  

The actor on the left if Bill Fichtner (Sully from from Perfect Storm).  He plays Sgt. P...er, I mean Sanderson.  The others are Czech stunt guys.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I think that center guy is actually part of some elite black mall ops unit.  he carries mp5s stealthaly through the shadows of the mall to keep peace in a otherwise deadly enviroment
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:35:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Well SARguy, the guy on the right seems to be Aussie actor Eric Bana and i suspect the middle guy is an US actor, plenty of stunt guys in other pics.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well SARguy, the guy on the right seems to be Aussie actor Eric Bana and i suspect the middle guy is an US actor, plenty of stunt guys in other pics.
View Quote

Apologies for not keeping up with the latest greatest up and coming movie actors.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#12]
One technical mistake that has already apparently occurred is that we had 6 color desert camo back then left over from desert storm. The 3 color stuff is newer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ahhh, grasshopper... If you had read the book, you would recall that the Delta guys had to get "military" haircuts for their annual unit photo's !
But, your correct... they probably are playing that role since they are wearing tactical vests and are "wired."
View Quote

As I recall from the book, the Delta guys were forced to get their hair cut extra short so they'd blend in with the Rangers.  So the way to tell the difference between the Rangers and the D boys was that the Rangers had really short hair while the D boys had really short hair and sun-burned scalp where they used to have hair.  This was one of the issues that caused a break down in cohesion between the two units.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#14]
When is this movie supposed to come out?  I want to be the first in line.  They better not mess it up.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This was one of the issues that caused a break down in cohesion between the two units.
View Quote

I think Bowden took an insignificant issue and blew it up to make the book more interesting. A lot of the Delta guys had been in Ranger Battalions and knew exactly what to expect when working with them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#16]
admit i haven't read the book yet, always wondered how the marines would have handled the situation.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#17]
The real lead military Technical Advisor for Bruckheimer is a former SEAL named Harry Humphries, a contemporary and compadre of Dick Marcinko.  Nice guy.

He often shows up in a bit part:  The Rock - SEAL Admiral;  Armageddon - the "We're gonna twist you" instructor; GI Jane - The small arms instructor timing M60 assembly drills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top