Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/18/2003 3:24:44 PM EDT
I was in my local pawn shop buying a little Ruger MKII to cut down on ammo expenses and saw they had a Tec 9 for sale $299. It had barrel threads (don't know if Tec 9 even made any post bans before shutting down). I have a Cobray M11 and love it (simple, fun to shoot, no socially redeeming qualities, absolutely no practical application).

So I have been thinking more and more about that Tec 9. Are these things complete POS and a waste of money or is this a decent deal? The last owner appeared to not have the same respect as most of us do for firearms because there was rust on the threading and probably more elsewhere. I think it just needs some TLC.

Anyone? If anyone has one let me know what you think. If anyone hates or loves them, let me know!
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:30:42 PM EDT
That be straight up gangsta, maybe next you can get a lorcin .25 to match it. In all serious though, I would get it. While its not the most reliable, its a good novelty gun and will make any anti pee his pants.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:30:52 PM EDT
BIG POS!unless your a gansta' than by all means aquire it Hiwathl
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:36:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:40:52 PM EDT
No gangsta, just typical Alabama boy. I like my Cobray a lot. Simplicity in design, EASY to work on and fix, and fun to shoot.Just wondering if the Intra-Tec was similar but it sounds like not. I guess I will just stick to Cobrays as my novelty "gangsta" gun and my FALs and AR's for the serious play. When I go to the range most of the old gun guys look at me like I am some little punk POS anyway when I pull out my Cobray. They may flog me if I pull out a Tec9! I was wondering if these may one day have some value due to their notoriety?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 3:56:41 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
Its ghetto-FABULOUS. I'll lobby to have you banned if you buy it. [):)]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:38:37 PM EDT
buy it
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:48:40 AM EDT
Not accurate and has a reputation. On the other hand, they function and shoot fair enough. For that price, go ahead and grab it. Goofy fun shooting cans. AVOID THE TEC-22; it's the poster child for "jam-o-matic!" Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:09:44 AM EDT
Not a bad price. Mine is a little picky on ammo but otherwise a reliable gun. I couldn't get rid of my Tec-22 fast enough.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:15:52 AM EDT
decent for the 300, the one I am accustomed w/is as reliable as a morning shit!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:29:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2003 6:33:39 AM EDT by slacko]
I went with the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 (Glock) and bought a G-18 mag w/+2 extension). [img]http://www.gunblast.com/images/Kel-Tec_Sub2000/Mvc-012f-sm.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.gunblast.com/images/Kel-Tec_Sub2000/Mvc-001f-sm.jpg[/img] [url]http://www.gunblast.com/Kel-Tec_Sub2000.htm[/url] edited to add: 33 rds of 9mm plus all the G17 (or more G18 - kinda pricey) you can carry. VERY FUN!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:57:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/19/2003 7:04:16 AM EDT by drjarhead]
Originally Posted By bigjuice: I was in my local pawn shop buying a little Ruger MKII to cut down on ammo expenses and saw they had a Tec 9 for sale $299. It had barrel threads (don't know if Tec 9 even made any post bans before shutting down). I have a Cobray M11 and love it (simple, fun to shoot, no socially redeeming qualities, absolutely no practical application). So I have been thinking more and more about that Tec 9. Are these things complete POS and a waste of money or is this a decent deal? The last owner appeared to not have the same respect as most of us do for firearms because there was rust on the threading and probably more elsewhere. I think it just needs some TLC. Anyone? If anyone has one let me know what you think. If anyone hates or loves them, let me know!
View Quote
I bought one about 8 years ago. I sold it last year. It was okay. Not terribly accurate but fun to shoot. Mine initially wasn't feeding well with one mag. Very tight mag fit. I left the tight mag in for a couple of months and it seemed to run fine after that. I sold mine when I got my UZI as I wasn't likely to shoot it much anymore. I sometimes wish that I had kept it but I don't think I would buy another, FWIW. My tastes are a little more upscale now. You can get a semi UZI for about a grand, SBR it, and have a really nice shooter. Ohio Rapid Fire also has MP5 Clones if you are interested. These are both more $ obviously. I would say that $299 is a pretty good price on a preban TEC-9. You don't say if it is used or new, though. edited to add: [url]www.vectorarms.com[/url] has UZIs for $875. Add $200 for tax stamp and you are all set. Mags are cheap. Think about it if you can swing it.
Top Top