Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/24/2012 2:03:55 PM EDT
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-23/tim-tebow-left-out-as-jets-use-wide-receiver-in-wildcat-formation?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl13%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D249444

Tebow told coach Rex Ryan and coordinator Tony Sparano he didn't want to be used in the gimmick formation this week. An ESPN affiliate exposed that information after the game, and the New York Post confirmed it.

Tebow is frustrated by a wasted season in which he expected to have a significant role in the Jets’ offense. Yet when Mark Sanchez was benched last week for the Chargers game, it was Greg McElroy who got the assignment. Reports say Tebow was not pleased with the plan.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link is a bag of smashed assholes.

ETA) Fixed now.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ETA) Fixed now.

Rectum rectified.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Jets need to clean house and start over maybe in five years they can be the colts
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA) Fixed now.

Rectum rectified.

Lol

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Tebow kinda got hosed and I was sorry to see him leave the Broncos.

It worked out well for us though .
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:08:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Usually when you are trading a player that player rides the bench so they don't get hurt or whatever.  All the stories the past few days say he is going to be in a Jacksonville Jaguars uniform for next season.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA) Fixed now.

Rectum rectified.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Tebow is frustrated by a wasted season in which he expected to have a significant role in the Jets’ offense. Yet when Mark Sanchez was benched last week for the Chargers game, it was Greg McElroy who got the assignment.

McElroy was sacked 11 times. Tied a record. Tebow got lucky.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Usually when you are trading a player that player rides the bench so they don't get hurt or whatever.  All the stories the past few days say he is going to be in a Jacksonville Jaguars uniform for next season.

and for the first time in years, every home game will be sold out.  Jax is full of Gator fans.  Don't know how good he would do but he'll sell tickets.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
If I was the owner of the Jets, there would be a LOT of suddenly unemployed folks in 2013

They need to completely clean house...from top to bottom.
At a bare minimum, half the roster, coaching staff, and executive front office all need to become members of the FSA pronto.

This team is years away from a playoff run...several years.
If it weren't for Sanchez they'd have two Super Bowl trophies from the past few years.
Money not withstanding, his ass needs to be run out of town.
I wouldn't even have him traveling with the team at this point....that kid has a black cloud of doom over his head,
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Jets need to clean house and start over maybe in five years they can be the colts

As long as you mean the 2011 Colts, then I am all for it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Tebow is frustrated by a wasted season in which he expected to have a significant role in the Jets’ offense. Yet when Mark Sanchez was benched last week for the Chargers game, it was Greg McElroy who got the assignment.

Tebow would likely have been able to run out of some of those sacks.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

and for the first time in years, every home game will be sold out.  Jax is full of Gator fans.  Don't know how good he would do but he'll sell tickets.

He just got trashed on ESPN on the possibility of going to the Jaguars. "That's the last thing this franchise needs"  
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He just got trashed on ESPN on the possibility of going to the Jaguars. "That's the last thing this franchise needs"  

You should not be suprized since it came from espn.
Buncha liberal douchebags.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL....See where all that praying got him.....A trip to Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The offensive line was pathetic............they certainly didnt try to block much

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It got him out of New York.  God works in mysterious ways.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It got him out of New York.  God works in mysterious ways.  

LOL...You might have a point!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He will sell season tickets here; that's what they need to be concerned with after this year.

I have no plans to re-new after this years suckfest
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:25:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tebow kinda got hosed and I was sorry to see him leave the Broncos.

It worked out well for us though .

This!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#21]
my relatives in Denver loved him out there. I'll be happy to have him come to Florida.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody on TV said the Jets made him put on 20 lbs. for the running role, but he's now slower and can't throw as well cause his biceps are too big.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#23]
You dumb ass Tim.  I applaud your moral fiber and compas.  But you are not a quality NFL quarterback.  Move to tightend, make millions of dollars that you can donate and set up organizations as you see fit and possibly make it to the hall of fame.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Good or not, I like Tebow. He's got the right attitude it seems.

Why the fuck he sat the bench while Snatchez sucked balls for the last 14 games, I'll never know. Not like Tebow could have sucked worse.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:45:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll trade Romo and any single Cowboys player that has an arrest record for Tebow. Heck, to sweeten the offer you can also have Jerry Jones.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol....the Jags are 2-13...we can only go up from here.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'll trade Romo and any single Cowboys player that has an arrest record for Tebow. Heck, to sweeten the offer you can also have Jerry Jones.

Spoken like a real Redskins fan.^^^
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Why the fuck he sat the bench while Snatchez sucked balls for the last 14 games, I'll never know. Not like Tebow could have sucked worse.

I wondered about that myself.  Sanchez is god-awful.  Tebow is no Peyton Manning, but he found a way to win in Denver.  Why not give him a chance?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody on TV said the Jets made him put on 20 lbs. for the running role, but he's now slower and can't throw as well cause his biceps are too big.

Tebow has always thrown like a 12yr old girl.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romo ain't the problem.  Recievers dropping balls that hit their hands, no O line, (and thus no pass protection or running game),, and a D riddled with injuries at linebacker will kill you in this league.

They are a few simple changes away from greatness.  They need O linemen, linebackers, AND TO BE COACHED OUT OF THE STUPID PENALTIES!!!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck those assholes, especially loudmouth Merrill Hoge.  At times, he gets downright personal with his insults towards the kid.

BTW, they are now saying he did not say that to Ryan and maybe didn't say it at all.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You dumb ass Tim.  I applaud your moral fiber and compas.  But you are not a quality NFL quarterback.  Move to tightend, make millions of dollars that you can donate and set up organizations as you see fit and possibly make it to the hall of fame.

Another "expert" heard from.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romo ain't the problem.  Recievers dropping balls that hit their hands, no O line, (and thus no pass protection or running game),, and a D riddled with injuries at linebacker will kill you in this league.

They are a few simple changes away from greatness.  They need O linemen, linebackers, AND TO BE COACHED OUT OF THE STUPID PENALTIES!!!

You speak the truth.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck those assholes, especially loudmouth Merrill Hoge.  At times, he gets downright personal with his insults towards the kid.

BTW, they are now saying he did not say that to Ryan and maybe didn't say it at all.

No kidding, he called him a crybaby too.    

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Do you blame him......id have told them to pound sand after sitting the bench then being passed over ......he is not the worlds best quarter but he can motivate and lead......somthing the other two bozos appear to have no ability at
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:12:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do you blame him......id have told them to pound sand after sitting the bench then being passed over ......he is not the worlds best quarter but he can motivate and lead......somthing the other two bozos appear to have no ability at

The Jets were like Auburn this year. They should can the coach as Auburn did.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Tebow is a joke! I went to the Jets/Jags game and the only game time he got was the coin toss. He did have an ass ton of fans their  so it might work for Jax!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If I was the owner of the Jets, there would be a LOT of suddenly unemployed folks in 2013

They need to completely clean house...from top to bottom.
At a bare minimum, half the roster, coaching staff, and executive front office all need to become members of the FSA pronto.

This team is years away from a playoff run...several years.
If it weren't for Sanchez they'd have two Super Bowl trophies from the past few years.
Money not withstanding, his ass needs to be run out of town.
I wouldn't even have him traveling with the team at this point....that kid has a black cloud of doom over his head,

Bring Back Herm Edwards!

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

THIS. Tebow is the kind of guy an O-line will break some balls to defend. When a QB like Sanchez is making big mistakes repeatedly, and NOT LEADING..... the line goes into hibernation. The other replacement qb had little chance to wake them from their slumber.
Tebow has what it takes; he has done an admirable job whenever he has been given some room to work. If he had 2 full seasons to develop and gel with an offense, he would deliver lots of good football.

I hope he gets a solid opportunity in JAX. I wish him luck.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#40]
I want this guy to succeed because it would piss off a lot of people.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Why would he NOT suck it up and play a different position that is more suited to his skill-set?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I am not a Tebow fan , but Sanchez sucks balls . To start the 3rd string guy ahead of Tebow is a coaching  fuck up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I felt bad for Tebow this year.  I was not under any illusion that he was the next Brady or Manning, but the kid is athletic, has a positive attitude and just wants to play.

I'd love to see him get with a good QB coach, or alternatively, see what he can do as a tight end.  I'll never understand the hatred for Tebow.  

I can remember earlier this season, he went in on a 3rd down, he got the ball and ran, and picked up the first down.  Tebow was FIRED up.  He came off the field and was yelling to Ryan, "Give me the ball!".  You could tell the kid was frustrated and just wanted to play.  I hope it works out for him wherever he ends up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#44]
If he goes to jacksonville and starts he will win some home games. I don't blame him for telling them to suck a dick, seriously he already knowshe is not comming back, hasn't really played all year and the O line just gave up 11 sacks.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Good on Tebow.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The offensive line was pathetic............they certainly didnt try to block much

Quoted:

I was at the Monday Night game last week Vs. the Titans.

Their offensive line seemed to block like they meant it for Sanchez. He had plenty of time in the pocket. But he is so much of a bum he got picked 4 times and fumbled for the loss.

They put Tebow in for ONE 3 and out series. THE OFFENSIVE LINE DIDNT BLOCK A DAMN SOUL. Tebow NEVER had a chance. Probably the most classless thing I have ever seen on an NFL field (besides when our jughead stomped on that guys head that one time). No wonder Tebow wants out. That team hates him.....and they are STUPID for it.

Over the years many sports teams have been labeled as "cursed". Just wait til the almighty decides what kind of punishment to level at Jets.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He doesn't expect the praying to get him anywhere.

He prays for the simple fact that he is a Christian....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#48]
He may not throw the ball well but that guy finds a way to win. He really doesn't know how to quit. The Jet's fucked up when they didn't put him in weeks ago. Sanchez had no business starting.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Tony Soprano works for the Jets? I did Not know that
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Tebow is a joke! I went to the Jets/Jags game and the only game time he got was the coin toss. He did have an ass ton of fans their  so it might work for Jax!

Heisman Trophy
SEC offensive player of the week, three times
Sporting News Player of the Year
Touchdown Club of Colombus QB of the Year
First Team All SEC
AP SEC Offensive Player of the Year
AP Player of the Year
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete

ESPY for Best  Male College Athlete
Manning Award
SEC Championship Game MVP
SEC Player of the Year
Heisman Finalist
Wuerffel Trophy

William V. Campbell Trophy
SEC Offensive Player of the Year
Sugar Bowl Most Outstanding Player
Sports Illustrated College Football Player of the Decade
Heisman Finalist

Those make him a joke? No. Just unproven in the NFL because he's only been offered one chance -- Denver. Which he led to the playoffs.

I like Tebow. He's not great, but the mad has the heart and the athleticism to win. And no matter how much people try to get to him, he stays positive. I hope he leads Jacksonsville to the Wild Card.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top