Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 6:13:52 PM EST
Does anyone use this helmet and if so what do you think about it? Is there anything comparable out there? Currently using an old Petzl and thinking about changing. I would like the ability to mount comtacs to it for coms.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:50 PM EST
I thought we hated Team Wendy for their company support for Clinton during the campaign?
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:08:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/22/2017 6:08:59 PM EST by great308]
Team Wendy is a solid helmet but it's a bit heavier than petzl but by the sound of it weight is not a giant issue.

However the company itself has a myriad of different emotions amongst certain people and even more so around here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 6:33:16 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By great308:
Team Wendy is a solid helmet but it's a bit heavier than petzl but by the sound of it weight is not a giant issue.

However the company itself has a myriad of different emotions amongst certain people and even more so around here.
View Quote
I have been looking at different manufactures and what their helmet have been tested and rated for. Also looking at comfort level. The Petzl is light but it sucks wearing for a long time due to what the pads are made out of. The newer technology shows in the TW SAR. I have seen what the political emotions have been with them. Unfortunately when it comes to some of this equipment there are not many options. In the end I am trying to find the best to protect my melon.

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:31:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By KR20:
I have been looking at different manufactures and what their helmet have been tested and rated for. Also looking at comfort level. The Petzl is light but it sucks wearing for a long time due to what the pads are made out of. The newer technology shows in the TW SAR. I have seen what the political emotions have been with them. Unfortunately when it comes to some of this equipment there are not many options. In the end I am trying to find the best to protect my melon.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KR20:
Originally Posted By great308:

It's a great helmet the little I've messed with it that said I don't own one. Most likely it would be a good helmet for you but there is the slight off odds that everyone's head is different and it may not work. I know there are a few channels that you can get them on ems/sar discount. A quick look and Dsgarms has them for not too bad of a ems/sar discount price.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:35:45 AM EST
I do like the Leader SAR helmet, but it does have it's limitations. Just pads; no suspension besides size adjustment and no headband clips for lights, but it's rated or tested for everything but structure firefighting and motorcycles.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:12:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dace:
I thought we hated Team Wendy for their company support for Clinton during the campaign?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:46:39 PM EST
If a company supports someone for President that hates LEO's and Military we should return the favor and hate that company....
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:26:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2017 6:26:03 PM EST by Tango7]
OP Request
Top Top