Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2011 11:11:28 AM EDT
After a couple yrs here I finally an-tied up for the membership.
I can't really say the site saved me the $24 over the course of 2 years since I now have 2 complete ARs , a lower all built (waiting on an upper) and 2 other lowers waiting....

I have always been an avid shooter and hunter; now I have added an addiction to reloading, black rifles, and humorous smart ass commentary with the occasional infusion of useful help in general discussion.
I planned on getting into the reloading and AR's.....that's how I found the site....the "commentary" is a life skill...

But to those that may be new to the site...or still on the fence about a new video game or AR15.com membership...
If you think the site has helped you...then it is time to help the site.

Without membership, the site can't function.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Whatcha gonna use for your avatar?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't got that far yet....
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I agree entirely, wanna buy me one?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Log out and log back in.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I can't really say the site saved me the $24 over the course of 2 years since I now have 2 complete ARs , a lower all built (waiting on an upper) and 2 other lowers waiting....

I have always been an avid shooter and hunter; now I have added an addiction to reloading, black rifles, and humorous smart ass commentary with the occasional infusion of useful help in general discussion.
I planned on getting into the reloading and AR's.....that's how I found the site....the "commentary" is a life skill...

But to those that may be new to the site...or still on the fence about a new video game or AR15.com membership...

Is this fact or just your opinion?

I was under the impression they made quite a bit of money from advertisers.

I say buy a membership and make the owners rich.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Log out and log back in.

Dang.

Time to pony up again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A gift of charity or generosity by one party to another can be issued  if an act goodwill or some such gesture warrants it....

To ask is to beg.....To beg is to be liberal.....

No.

nice try though...but I am not Santa....
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A gift of charity or generosity by one party to another can be issued  if an act goodwill or some such gesture warrants it....

No.

Beneficium accipere libertatem est vendere

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

one thing I've noticed about you is that almost all of your post whoring responses are just as stupid as what you just posted.
keep up the good work.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

There is a difference between a gift and a favor.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which came first? the sponsors or the members?
I'd put a wager that if all the paying members left the site...never to return...the site would fade away.
The paying members (just a hunch here) most likely spend more money with the sponsors than the non paying members.

Are the sponsors advertising to the kids on this site that are asking how do I have to be before I can buy (whatever)?
No...that is not their core customer base.
Who on this site typically has better/accurate information on this site rather than opinion, hearsay, and rumors?

Logic dictates that site membership is necessary....I am not implying that everyone has to or has the means to....

I bought the membership as way of thanking AR15.com and everyone on board.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]

I'd put a wager that if all the paying members left the site...never to return...the site would fade away.
The paying members (just a hunch here) most likely spend more money with the sponsors than the non paying members.

Are the sponsors advertising to the kids on this site that are asking how do I have to be before I can buy (whatever)?
Who on this site typically has better/accurate information on this site rather than opinion, hearsay, and rumors?

Logic dictates that site membership is necessary....I am not implying that everyone has to or has the means to....

The idea that someone who is a member that by virtue of ponying up cash somehow provides more knowledge or more accurate information is about as ludicrous as saying someone with a higher post count is more knowledgeable.   As proof  I offer that you just bought a membership and you don't grasp that concept.  I don't have one right now and I do.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think because someone doesn't pay for an avatar that they have any less money to spend than someone who has an avatar.

This is just my opinion. I've seen people that make over $100k a year and aren't team members, and I'm sure there are people who are

team members and are dead broke, like myself. This would be an interesting poll in the team member discussion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

OP said he wasn't Santa, so it couldn't be a gift. It defaults to a favor.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow, didn't mean to start anything.  Just having a little fun in GD.  

I won't beg or even tell you I don't have the money, I just haven't renewed mine.  Sorry for the hijack OP.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Whatcha gonna use for your avatar?

That's what I was wondering...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The idea that someone who is a member that by virtue of ponying up cash somehow provides more knowledge or more accurate information is about as ludicrous as saying someone with a higher post count is more knowledgeable.   As proof  I offer that you just bought a membership and you don't grasp that concept.  I don't have one right now and I do.  

I just ate half a bag of Cadbury chocolate raisins and i have a membership
now i feel sick

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Maybe the OP was right with membership comes intelligence had I paid for a membership I would have been smart enough to know that.  Herp Derp.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

who'd you tie up?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't think because someone doesn't pay for an avatar that they have any less money to spend than someone who has an avatar.

This is just my opinion. I've seen people that make over $100k a year and aren't team members, and I'm sure there are people who are

team members and are dead broke, like myself. This would be an interesting poll in the team member discussion.

Do you think you'll get honest results?  Maybe only because the votes are anonymous.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Log out and log back in.

yeah, I fell for it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you think you'll get honest results?  Maybe only because the votes are anonymous.

I thought everyone on this site made over $250,000 and had a super model girlfriend?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#23]
after dealing with the mods on the EE, i will NEVER renew my membership.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You realize that you're free to leave at any time, right?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
after dealing with the mods on the EE, i will NEVER renew my membership.

I guess my only concern is what happens to your personal info?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe the OP was right with membership comes intelligence had I paid for a membership I would have been smart enough to know that.  Herp Derp.

Ab ove maiori discit arare minor.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The concept of whom has qualitative experience or useful information has been grasped early on.
I make no reference or assumption to individual post count or individual wealth...making one omnipotent of knowledge or some kind of firearm jedi.

From a statistical standpoint....
Would you take information about shooting related products from a sample group that is barely old enough or just past the legal age of owning the products?
Is it fair to say that typically younger folks have less disposable income for purchasing a site membership?
Clearly this is not true on an individual basis, but as whole this would be true.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The concept of whom has qualitative experience or useful information has been grasped early on.
I make no reference or assumption to individual post count or individual wealth...making one omnipotent of knowledge or some kind of firearm jedi.

From a statistical standpoint....
Would you take information about shooting related products from a sample group that is barely old enough or just past the legal age of owning the products?
Is it fair to say that typically younger folks have less disposable income for purchasing a site membership?
Clearly this is not true on an individual basis, but as whole this would be true.

While I am mainly busting chops here I will say this I don't know what you are calling "typically younger folks" but I work at a college and have a just turned 18 year old  college age son the concept of poor college kids is a myth.   My son worked all summer and has way more disposable income than his old man.  You would be amazed at the buying power of these 18-25 year olds  mom and dad not so much.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:00:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You realize that you're free to leave at any time, right?

This is quite possibly the best website on the internet, why would I leave?

It's people like you that actually keep people from becoming paying members. Even after getting a membership you're telling me I'm free to leave. wtf.

Or do you have a problem with the owners of a great website actually becoming wealthy because of it? I don't.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:12:18 PM EDT
[#30]
I'll buy a membership one of these days.  

I'm not an entirely cheap bastard since I'm a member of NRA and NY rifle and pistol association.  I do actually appreciate this site, gd is for goofing off sure but the rest of this site is great, plus I've met a lot of guys in the hometown forum that are pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Welcome to the team.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top