Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 8:56:37 PM EDT
One of the funniest movies of the year from the South Park guys. Unless you are a liberal.

It bashes liberals, especially Hollywood actor know-it-alls, for most of the movie.

It also has great running gags about silly dialogue, bad acting, and un-believable scripts.

I give it five out of five Mt. Rushmore heads.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got back. I literally laughed till I hurt. I have been coughing ever since. It is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Now for the gun dork in me: The weapons were done really well. They even had a little 50cal that one of the girls was carrying. Oh, and a minigun too, Predator style.

Great film. Go see it. Piss off a liberal.
tony

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing. Why was Samuel L Jackson a F.A.G.? I have only heard him say bad things about celebrities that think their opinion matters.
t
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Bonus:

These guys hate MMoore

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#3]
is it alright for a 13 year old to see it?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
A funny ass movie.  If you dont see it, you'll die ronrey.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

probably not........ Their theme song is AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

also it is the best movie EVER.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

NO! Lots of four letter words, violent puppet deaths, and puppet sex (even though it is minus genitalia).
tony
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Did I miss something?  I thought Stone & Parker were left-wingers and were buddy-buddy with Comrade Moore?...  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did I miss something?  I thought Stone & Parker were left-wingers and were buddy-buddy with Comrade Moore?...  

You don't watch South Park, do you?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not regularly any more - I saw all of the first 2 or 3 seasons, saw the movie (which I found pretty offensive, and I'm not particularly sensitive), & I've seen a few more recent episodes here and there.  Of what I have seen, I have seen nothing to indicate that they were particularly friendly toward Republicans or conservatives - and certainly not toward Christians (or any religion, for that matter).  I remember anti-Republican comments from both of them from an interview several years ago, although I don't recall the particulars.  Then their involvement in Bowling for Columbine...

I'm not saying I don't find them funny - just that I occaisionally wait for the lightning to strike me during certain episodes...

... and I certainly could be mistaken about their politics.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#10]
They are far from conservative but they hate high and mighty actors.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Negative, Matt Stone was only in Bowling for Columbine because he grew up in Littleton, CO.  Moore asked them to make an animated sequence for Bowling for Columbine, but they declined, so Moore made his own South Parkesque animation and edited it appear like they made it, so that pissed of Matt and Trey, they also mentioned they like guns a couple nights ago while on Conan O'Brien.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Um... NO
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Negative, Matt Stone was only in Bowling for Columbine because he grew up in Littleton, CO.  Moore asked them to make an animated sequence for Bowling for Columbine, but they declined, so Moore made his own South Parkesque animation and edited it appear like they made it, so that pissed of Matt and Trey, they also mentioned they like guns a couple nights ago while on Conan O'Brien.

Thanks!  I'm glad to know I was wrong about them.  FWIW, I grew up on Thunderbirds and really would like to see TA:WP, especially after what I've read here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#14]
This has nothing to do with Team America, but it does have to do with South Park...anyone notice that the rifles they carry are basically a bullpup G36?  Its crazy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#15]
About guns and team america, anyone notice the Beta C mag on the saw? Or the fact that Joe was carrying a ZM LR300 with 203 and ACOG, Joe has good taste. The blonde chick at the same time looked to be carrying an AR30. The guns were really really well done for puppet guns!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not regularly any more - I saw all of the first 2 or 3 seasons, saw the movie (which I found pretty offensive, and I'm not particularly sensitive), & I've seen a few more recent episodes here and there.  Of what I have seen, I have seen nothing to indicate that they were particularly friendly toward Republicans or conservatives - and certainly not toward Christians (or any religion, for that matter).  I remember anti-Republican comments from both of them from an interview several years ago, although I don't recall the particulars.  Then their involvement in Bowling for Columbine...

I'm not saying I don't find them funny - just that I occaisionally wait for the lightning to strike me during certain episodes...

... and I certainly could be mistaken about their politics.

I actually disliked the first two seasons and the movie.  But now the show is better than it has ever been.  They had a show called Death Camp of Tolerance about radical PCness.  They had their "Waco" episode when the ATF was going to raid one of their parents parties and would shoot anyone they saw.  They had the episode ripping on Rob Reiner going after smokers.  "Butter, butter." I would say they are probably more small "l" libertarians than Republicans, but most of their stuff is pretty conservatively bent.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I also think they did an incredible job on the sets and models. The mini-Ford pickup was so cool.

"I'm so ronry"
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:09:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

probably not........ Their theme song is AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

also it is the best movie EVER.

NO!

Not unless you want your kid seeing one male puppet order another male puppet to "suck his cock" and the other male puppet doing it.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Dupe
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if it will influence the election. Maybe it will at least encourage people to question Macheal Moore and the FAG's in hollywood.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

If he's public-schooled, he has definitely heard and probably seen worse, if he's private-schooled, it depends on his school, and if he's home schooled, only if you curse like a drunken merchant-marine. You have to make the decision, though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top