Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/12/2005 8:21:39 PM EDT
My stepson is in the 6th grade. His teacher is an African American. My stepson comes home and said his teacher said "Bush is a racist for not saving New Orleans fast enough" and "he thinks blacks still should get their 40 acres and a mule" along with other crap...

I WAS LIVID!  

I asked my wife if she minded if I called his school tomorrow and spoke with the superintendent about how one of his teachers is teaching 12 year olds their personal racial agenda!!!!!

She said for me to go ahead

These are 12 year olds! Not 17-18 year olds in an American History or Civics class where they can decide the issues for themselves! He has NO business spewing this crap and I really hope his backside ends up in a sling. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt it will!

And, for the record, I don't care what color the teacher is. I would be ticked regardless of any color the  teacher is if they are teaching their own political agenda. Even if it was in line with my beliefs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
public school, meh... Not the most qualified staff I'd say.

I went to a former DOD school, with 50% former hippies and 50% former (?) military/intelligence.

My fav. teacher was a early 30s history teacher from Georgetown (#1 spook school) who was coincidentally physically fit as hell and never really revealed his political position. While I was freaking out my english teachers (one of whom wrote in an advisory note to my parents/principal that I was obsessed with "guns death and destruction), he thought my ability to procure and field strip/reassemble a training M-16 and M9 clone for the talent show was actually very entertaining.

Yeah, school overseas is very different, I heard some kid got kicked out for pointing a french fry at someone "like a weapon" after colombine.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Considerably different standard today
when I went to school in the 70s and 80s our teachers
taught us to evaluate the facts and decide what WE wanted to believe
they DID NOT at any time tell us which party they supported, or what agenda they preferred

they taught us about our Constitution, and other countries methods of rule
it seems like they used to teach HOW to think, NOW they teach WHAT to think
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I take it you don't agree with the good teacher

I know how you feel...btdt

Moved my kids to a Private "Christian" School.  The education level is like night and day.  It eats up my Mad Money so I've had to cut back on my toys  It's worth it though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]

I asked my wife if she minded if I called his school tomorrow and spoke with the superintendent about how one of his teachers is teaching 12 year olds their personal racial agenda!!!!!

Yes, you should do this.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
um, HOME SCHOOL
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm 13 (no troll smilies please, I seriously am) and we have a violence prevention thing we're doing. One of the questions was "Guns help keep you safe."... True or False? I was the only one in my class that chose true (hen
I felt like going up there and slapping her democrat butt back to Commiefornia. h.gif
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
There's no escaping it...  It's just too easy of an arguement for the lazy and weak minded to play

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm 13 (no troll smilies please, I seriously am) and we have a violence prevention thing we're doing. One of the questions was "Guns help keep you safe."... True or False? I was the only one in my class that chose true (), and then the teacher says "FALSE! People say, 'I have guns to protect myself' but then a little kid will get into them and shoot himself or bring them to school and kill people."

I felt like going up there and slapping her democrat butt back to Commiefornia.

If you were my kid, I would go have a little talk with that teacher like I'm going to do tomorrow with my stepsons teacher...

Asshats need to learn!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm 13 (no troll smilies please, I seriously am) and we have a violence prevention thing we're doing. One of the questions was "Guns help keep you safe."... True or False? I was the only one in my class that chose true (), and then the teacher says "FALSE! People say, 'I have guns to protect myself' but then a little kid will get into them and shoot himself or bring them to school and kill people."

I like this kid
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Have fun wasting your breath.  

Damn shame.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
There's no escaping it...  It's just too easy of an arguement for the lazy and weak minded to play

img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Jbays/racecard.jpg

Oh NO, the intelligent people only play the race card when it is true
(just ask them) same for the hitler, fascist and terrorist cards
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
dajini, you're our kinda kid... stick around.  You won't have to take any crap from anyone here.  You're welcome here anytime.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
dajini, you're our kinda kid... stick around.  You won't have to take any crap from anyone here.  You're welcome here anytime.

Unless you call a magazine a "clip", then you are outa here!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
they DID NOT at any time tell us which party they supported, or what agenda they preferred

+1-I was taught the same way. They presented the facts and we made up our own minds.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Can we trade FOX- in on the upgrade?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well said. As a former teacher I give you a A for standing up for common sense.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Good kid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Good on ya.
Now just don't be like Fox.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1-I was taught the same way. They presented the facts and we made up our own minds.

+1

I know a few of my teachers back in the 70-80's were libs, but they taught their lessons and didn't teach their own political agenda.  The 90's were mostly the Clinton years and most teachers must have thought this was a good time to go down hill.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm 13 (no troll smilies please, I seriously am) and we have a violence prevention thing we're doing. One of the questions was "Guns help keep you safe."... True or False? I was the only one in my class that chose true (hen
I felt like going up there and slapping her democrat butt back to Commiefornia. h.gif

Good on ya.
Now just don't be like Fox.hr

What's the story behind Fox?

Eh, sorry for the slight hijack. Just once this question is answered, go back to the original topic. h.gif
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#21]
I am  agnostic at best  BUT I went to catholic school K-12 I was not a great student and seriously did not try hard  and took easy classes  but once i got to college I was amazed at the quality of the education i recived as compared to many people i met there alot of them could barely function and you see it alot of that  out in the world
Im not religous but i am glad my parents sacrficed somewhat  sent me to private school
EDIT cuz I did not take typing and sure the hell was not a english major
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:46:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
My stepson comes home and said his teacher said "The Mayor and The Governor of New Orleans are racist for not saving New Orleans fast enough" and   .....

Hmmm?.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#23]
how come i dont get a mule??  

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#24]
You guys should go to an Asian school. The teachers will tell you that anyone on welfare is a loser.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Rain hellfire on that fucking shitforbrains teacher's head!

Complain to high holy hell to the administrators and get as many like-minded parents to complain too.

Oh and you MUST post that school and teachers' name here. The AZHTF folks will back you up 1000% and lay some shit onto that teacher like he doesn't know!

Quoted:

You're a good kid. Keep up the good work.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless you call a magazine a "clip", then you are outa here!

You also have to be able to bump fire underwater.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
You guys should go to an Asian school. The teachers will tell you that anyone on welfare is a loser.

I have never seen an unemployed asian...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

+1 and if you don't work and provide for your family (all your family) you're a disgrace who shouldn't share their family name.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You're way ahead of your peers, dajini....Keep up the good work..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good on ya.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

dajini-way to go!!!!!  Now just remember to RESPECT YOUR ELDERS around here (it's an old concept but a good one) and glad to see ya here.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like this kid

Me too
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My stepson comes home and said his teacher said "The Mayor and The Governor of New Orleans are racist for not saving New Orleans fast enough" and   .....

Hmmm?.

I just wrote a friend of mine that very same speech.  He sent me that bullshit story about the two EMT's who wandered NO for forty days and nights, blah blah.

I reminded him about a little concept that apparently isn't taught in Public Skool any more called "seperation of powers", and that it's roots can be found in a little document that specifies powers for the Federal Government and reserves all other "to the States or The People".....

Glad to see I'm not the only one.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That's because their mothers will grab them by their ears and drag them to the closest restaurant for a "ground floor opportunity". This will occur even if the man is fully-grown.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#34]
tell him off tomorrow, man.  you should also get any other parents you know to complain also
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:27:03 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
+1 and if you don't work and provide for your family (all your family) you're a disgrace who shouldn't share their family name.

Yep, it doesn't matter if you collect the garbage or fix hearts, you must contribute to the household. That idea is starting to lose grip on the newer generations who have never seen life outside the USA. Luckily the grandparents aren't in S. FL retirement homes and keep constant pressure on the younglings.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit in the few months I worked at the jail in the endless parade of human debris everday
I saw 1 asian guy
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Go get em!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Now see, this is why I'm going to become a history teacher after I get out of the military.

Of course, first I have to graduate and go to OCS.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:44:36 AM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I would raise as much holy Hell as you could...really.  This sort of liberal brainwashing has to stop.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#43]
AZ,

I hope you put up a huge stink about this issue with your son.  Most parents wouldn't lift a finger.

You have GOT to taek this all the way up to the Superintendant.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Rain hellfire on that fucking shitforbrains teacher's head!

Complain to high holy hell to the administrators and get as many like-minded parents to complain too.

Oh and you MUST post that school and teachers' name here. The AZHTF folks will back you up 1000% and lay some shit onto that teacher like he doesn't know!

BIG + on that.  I'll do the same if my child was taught that garbage in school.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

++++ on that, I am VNmese, 37yo, married w/ 2 kids, and we still financially support our parents when needed.   It's also frowned upon to throw your parents in nursing home unless you don't have a choice, that's why my parents are living w/ my sister & her husband & kids.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#46]
i had 1 teacher in highschool who i know was openly conservative but did not preach an ideology to the students, a histroy/civics teacher no less, man i that guy was awesome i still go back and talk to him from time to time. he would a never pulled this crap
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Hand over your man card!

just messin with you. There's nothing wrong with asking the boss first
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Please provide the teachers name and the school in which she teachers...

A letter writing party is in order.
CH
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good on ya.

What's the story behind Fox?

Eh, sorry for the slight hijack. Just once this question is answered, go back to the original topic.

Bah!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top