Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/11/2014 12:06:09 PM EDT
Of all the days to have a ND...

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Officials say a Utah elementary school teacher has been rushed to the hospital after a concealed firearm she was carrying accidently discharged in a school bathroom and shot her in the leg.

Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley says the teacher was in the faculty restroom when the gun went off shortly before class started Thursday at Westbrook Elementary School, in the Salt Lake City suburb of Taylorsville. Horsley says no other faculty or students were in the area.

He says the teacher was severely injured when the bullet entered and exited her leg.
View Quote

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TEACHER_ACCIDENTAL_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-11-12-01-52
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Accidentally discharged ...... by accidentally pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
That'll be great for the cause.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:08:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Glock leg?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy fuck, two in a month.

These idiots are going to fuck the entire cause.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

YUP.....

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just proves that those that can't, teach.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, there goes teachers being allowed to carry.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Taking a step back from the "Oh the noes, this is bad for the cause"...

Holy shit. Today. Of all days. When tensions and suspicions run higher than most any other day of the year. Can you imagine hearing a gunshot at an elementary school? Can you imagine if you were dropping your kid off and walking back to your car and heard that?

Maybe reading Day of Wrath last week has this on my mind...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Only professionals, like DEA agents, should be allowed to carry guns in classrooms.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

But I'm sure there will be calls for cops to not carry guns in their pockets too right?

I mean you've surely heard about this story right?

http://www.news4jax.com/news/child-hurt-after-deputys-gun-discharges/27902218

CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -

A Clay County deputy's gun accidentally discharged Thursday, injuring his child.

Deputies
said the boy was reaching into the deputy's pants to get a snack while
they were at Wendy's at 2530 Blanding Blvd. when he jostled the gun,
causing it to discharge.

The child was slightly injured by a fragment that ricocheted off the floor and cut his legs and foot, deputies said.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
ALLAH AKBAR
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Did her 1911 fall off of the toilet paper dispenser?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been carrying a pocket gun of some kind for about 6-7 years now and have never managed to fire it in my pocket

what the fuck is wrong with these morons, also who the fuck lets another person reach into their pocket? (unless "person" is woman, and the "pocket" is front and center)
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Isolated incident.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Women with firearms.

Don't get all buttmad blabbering about muh wife shoots muh .30-06 like it's going out of style either.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Only professionals, like DEA agents, should be allowed to carry guns in classrooms.
View Quote

Thats hilarious!!!! Remember that guy.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Well shit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone remembers that guy, and that video should be used as needed in response to any crap about "only police should have guns in schools" that surfaces as a result of this teacher incident.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol, I see it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Dang it!!!  We've allowed Concealed carry in schools, including by teachers, and up until now I'm not aware of any incidents like this.  You know the anti-gun folks will be all over this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#24]
JFC, put the fucking thing in a fucking decent holster and fucking leave it there. Why is this so fucking difficult.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#25]
DAMMIT! This is going to be anti fodder for *years*.

edit: beat by minutes by Shane333 and sharing his concern.  Utah locals be ready for the retards to make a run on that right in the polls this year...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've been carrying a pocket gun of some kind for about 6-7 years now and have never managed to fire it in my pocket

what the fuck is wrong with these morons, also who the fuck lets another person reach into their pocket? (unless "person" is woman, and the "pocket" is front and center)
View Quote

Kids (younger ones) do it all the time. They think there's something good in a parent's pocket, like a phone to play with or a snack.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol, I see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, I see it.

If a $2000 gun needed to be drop safe JMB would have designed it that way.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:40:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You know the anti-gun folks will be all over this.
View Quote

And you need to be all over them with the DEA agent video.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Stupid making the Anti's case without them saying a word.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kids (younger ones) do it all the time. They think there's something good in a parent's pocket, like a phone to play with or a snack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they wouldn't if the parents didn't let them do it, that's a fundamental personal space issue that should be taught early
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm gunna go out on a limb here and guess it was probably a Glock?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Taking a step back from the "Oh the noes, this is bad for the cause"...

Holy shit. Today. Of all days. When tensions and suspicions run higher than most any other day of the year. Can you imagine hearing a gunshot at an elementary school? Can you imagine if you were dropping your kid off and walking back to your car and heard that?

Maybe reading Day of Wrath last week has this on my mind...
View Quote

shoot much?

only those just outside the bathroom heard it. it was most certainly NOT heard outside unless you were right outside the window.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Another way of looking at this is the teacher doesn't believe Obama secured this country from terrorist attack and is carrying a weapon on 9/11 for protection.  In effect, it is Obama's fault.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

No doubt.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

they wouldn't if the parents didn't let them do it, that's a fundamental personal space issue that should be taught early
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2-to-3-year-old kids have no concept of personal space.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Why is this even news?

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:19:25 PM EDT
[#37]
I think guilty or not guilty may be good information as well
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have children so I can't speak to that point

but I can promise you if/when I do, they won't be reaching in my pocket no matter how cute it seems to the wife

that would be stopped cold, pavlov style
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Tex Grebner's mom??
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I figured you didn't. I do.

You're talking about asking a small kid who can't (or can just barely) pee outside his pants and can just barely communicate verbally to understand much more nuanced concepts like "personal space." They're also naturally curious. Trying to teach them not to go looking for things is more challenging than you realize.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Of all the days to have a ND...

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Officials say a Utah elementary school teacher has been rushed to the hospital after a concealed firearm she was carrying accidently discharged in a school bathroom and shot her in the leg.

Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley says the teacher was in the faculty restroom when the gun went off shortly before class started Thursday at Westbrook Elementary School, in the Salt Lake City suburb of Taylorsville. Horsley says no other faculty or students were in the area.

He says the teacher was severely injured when the bullet entered and exited her leg.
View Quote

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_TEACHER_ACCIDENTAL_SHOOTING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-11-12-01-52
View Quote

Funny how they never just "go off" when locked inside a safe

It's always when someone is handling them

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's still funny all these years later.

But I'm kinda sick like that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You're talking about asking a small kid who can't (or can just barely) pee outside his pants and can just barely communicate verbally to understand much more nuanced concepts like "personal space." They're also naturally curious. Trying to teach them not to go looking for things is more challenging than you realize.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

slapping tiny hands away from your legs can't be that hard
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Dang it!!!  We've allowed Concealed carry in schools, including by teachers, and up until now I'm not aware of any incidents like this.  You know the anti-gun folks will be all over this.
View Quote

Yep. Just glad it didn't hurt anyone else.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Uggh, what a f up.  It's not like you have to worry about random school shootings getting your kids, but also brainless teachers who don't know how to handle their firearms properly.  This is of those times when I have to wonder which way we are better off.  Time will tell I suppose.......

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
ALLAH AKBAR
View Quote

What the fuck are you talking about?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Uggh, what a f up.  It's not like you have to worry about random school shootings getting your kids, but also brainless teachers who don't know how to handle their firearms properly.  This is of those times when I have to wonder which way we are better off.  Time will tell I suppose.......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

locked in administration office if there isn't an SRO or armed security on campus. or gun trays in faculty restrooms or buck of sand.. I dunno. for being an educators it is pretty fucking pathetic they are shooting themselves.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#49]
10 bucks says it was a Glock.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
10 bucks says it was a Glock.
View Quote

100 bucks says it was an idiot.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top