Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/4/2009 5:34:44 PM EST
Tonight I rounded up my family and a couple of friends and headed up to the Capitol Building up here in OKC for the Tea Party that Tea Party Express put on. They are on their way across the nation ending up in Washington D.C. tomorrow I believe. We showed up right as it was starting and got to wander around and find a good spot up front and listen to people get up and express their opinions during the open mic portion which was pretty cool. Later on when the TPE bus got there they had Mark Williams and Kenneth Gladney as guest speakers. At the end all the power ended up going out, and in one of the coolest moments of the night the entire crowd started chanting "USA! USA! USA!" and then that broke down and someone started singing God Bless America and the whole crowd starting singing along. It was a really moving experience to be there for that.

If you haven't been to one of these Tea Parties, you are doing yourself a disservice. It is amazing just to be gathered with all these like minded people, and it really steels your resolve to not let these politicians and their supporters destroy the country we so dearly love.

Without further ado...pictures

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:43:42 PM EST
OMG, I thought I was the only person in the world smart enough to realize the Palin/Bachmann 2012 Presidential Campaign!

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:46:55 PM EST
i didn't hear anything about it, damn.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:47:11 PM EST
Was sherrick13 there?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:48:13 PM EST
I will make sure to post in the OK HTF next time it's in town. We need to have an ARFCOM group at all of these Check out Tea Party Express and get to one of these if you can!
Originally Posted By Cacinok:

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:54:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By Aarons419:
I will make sure to post in the OK HTF next time it's in town. We need to have an ARFCOM group at all of these Check out Tea Party Express and get to one of these if you can!
Originally Posted By Cacinok:

ya me neither
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:55:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 5:57:49 PM EST by flyfishnepa]

nice

i caught em' when they stopped in my town and again at the D.C. rally in Agust

if nothing else the tea parties give you some hope that this country can be saved

they're touring the south this time and ending in FL

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:56:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/4/2009 5:57:42 PM EST by Aarons419]

Originally Posted By flyfishnepa:

nice

i caught em' when they stopped in my town and again at the D.C. rally in Agust

i think the tea party express is touring the south this time and ending in FL
ETA: You're right they are.

http://www.teapartyexpress.org/
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:12:02 PM EST
Palin/Bachman 2012, ....i'm starting to like the sound of it!
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:40:04 AM EST
It's still weird to see the capitol building with a dome on it......
Top Top