Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/28/2013 5:40:29 AM EDT

I am so sick and tired of country radio stations playing this twats music and trying to pass it off as country. It is not country music. I'll admit that a lot of the crap on country radio today is some sort of country-rock fusion autotuned bastardizations of gay squirrel mating calls, but even that stuff is more country than Taylor Swift. That girl is as much a country singer as George Straight is a rap singer. I'd bet she can't even make corn bread or biscuits and gravy.

If I wanted to listen to bubblegum Madonna style pop music, I wouldn't be on a country station. For the love of all things holy, please stop calling her a country singer. Stop playing her music on country stations. And stop giving her awards for her "country" music. Enough of this "everyone gets a trophy" bullshit.

I'll go take my Geritol and blood pressure medicine and get back to yelling at people to get off my lawn.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:41:34 AM EDT
[#1]
He mad!

PS: when you look like her who cares. Watch on mute.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:42:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Op is right about her music, but I'd still run it up in her 10 or 12 times.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:43:09 AM EDT
[#3]
was she ever a country singer? Skinny eye candy, yes. COuntry singer, not quite sure.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He mad!

View Quote

I wouldn't expect a serious answer about country music from a New Yorker.

Furthermore, just because the mouth breathing basement dwelling cheetos dicks fap to her doesn't make her a country singer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:43:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Only true country was Chris Ledoux and Dwight Yoakam. All other is pop crap
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#6]
okay. annd?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:44:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Op is right about her music, but I'd still run it up in her 10 or 12 times.
View Quote

Right after these guys... maybe...

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Furthermore, just because the mouth breathing basement dwelling cheetos dicks fap to her doesn't make her a country singer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He mad!

Ohh I'm sorry. It's not real country without a twang and a steel banjo playing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Country music pretty much turned into a joke after the 70's anyway, so I don't listen  anymore - unless I need a good laugh.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
SHE DOESN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO THE OAK RIDGE BOYS?? HERP DERP
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:46:51 AM EDT
[#11]
She's an awesome singer. Who cares what genre she is in?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:47:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am so sick and tired of country radio stations playing this twats music and trying to pass it off as country. It is not country music. I'll admit that a lot of the crap on country radio today is some sort of country-rock fusion autotuned bastardizations of gay squirrel mating calls, but even that stuff is more country than Taylor Swift. That girl is as much a country singer as George Straight is a rap singer. I'd bet she can't even make corn bread or biscuits and gravy.

If I wanted to listen to bubblegum Madonna style pop music, I wouldn't be on a country station. For the love of all things holy, please stop calling her a country singer. Stop playing her music on country stations. And stop giving her awards for her "country" music. Enough of this "everyone gets a trophy" bullshit.

I'll go take my Geritol and blood pressure medicine and get back to yelling at people to get off my lawn.

View Quote

OP doesn't like ferrets????
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

She's a blond with an autotune. That does not make her an awesome singer.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:47:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, what the hell does she know about being a redneck or stupid old trucks?
Plus what the hell does a Maserati have to do with country music?

Back to Don Williams...Merle....
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#16]
I like modern country, obviously not tswift, but Eric Church, Aaron Lewis, Kenny Chesney, some jason aldean, brantley gilbert.

(flame suit on.)

but i listen to old country more than those i stated above, to me they arent the same genre, like said above, more country rock whatever bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like modern country, obviously not tswift, but Eric Church, Aaron Lewis, Kenny Chesney, some jason aldean, brantley gilbert.

(flame suit on.)
View Quote

You're not old enough to know any better, sybian.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:49:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(flame suit on.)

see edit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:52:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't listen to her music but my 13-year old daughter was having me listen to some of it the other night.  I thought her voice sounded flat and monotone, and the songs my daughter had me listen to all pretty much sounded the same.  I don't get her music appeal at all.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Do you still hate John Denver too?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I tolerate John Denver.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:55:27 AM EDT
[#22]
All of her songs sound the same to me. It's like she re-arranged the same song 12 different times with different lyrics and made it into a record.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:55:33 AM EDT
[#23]
After Rock was bled for every bit of $$$ the labels could get, they then turned to country. It has been watered down and it now has a formula, espc with female acts.

Attractive? Check!
Blonde? Check!
Autotuned? Check
Has songwriters with a good track record overseeing the music? Check!

(despite popular belief, Taylor swift does not have a huge hand in songwriting. She brings a idea in and the pros finish the song. Don't kid yourself, they are not going to let her damage the formlua)

Like rock, the best country will not be on major labels. Dig around the web as artists true to their style are out there
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He mad!

And lyrics about pick-up trucks, cornfields, and dirt roads.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Country's been going that way for a long time.  

Faith Hill singing "This Kiss"...that's bubblegum.

Music styles change.  I haven't liked much Rock since the '70s-80s.  But I enjoy the rockier country out today.  Reminds me of that time.  Enjoy the change  or change the channel.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Would breed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:56:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Why would a grown assed man even give a fuck?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:57:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because all three FM country stations in my AO were playing her so-called "music" at the same time this morning.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:58:22 AM EDT
[#29]
The music biz now is so screwed up, I'm certain Marilyn Manson could make a country album and would get a CMT music award.  It's ALL about popularity.  Unfortunately, true country music is almost dead because the old-timers have mostly died off and the guys who are "country" now, grew up listening to pop, metal and what now passes for country.  When you have Justin Beiber getting a CMT award and Taylor Swift getting an MTV award, it shows there is little distinction between the two.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:59:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I tolerate John Denver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tolerate John Denver.

LMAO
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Do you people even iheart radio or pandora.  A lot of good stuff these days.  You're not going to hear much of it on pop country radio.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow OP. Are you serious?

Your life must be going pretty good if your biggest problem, the one thing that you felt was hurting you enough to start your thread of the day about, is the fact that Taylor Swift is played on country radio stations.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:59:45 AM EDT
[#33]
I agree that it's not country music, but I do respect her writing her own music, even if she isn't the greatest singer. I think she's an excellent role model for little girls. She hasn't fucked up like Brittany and Miley.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:01:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I agree that it's not country music, but I do respect her writing her own music, even if she isn't the greatest singer. I think she's an excellent role model for little girls. She hasn't fucked up like Brittany and Miley - YET
View Quote

FIFY.

Give it time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:03:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

FIFY.

Give it time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree that it's not country music, but I do respect her writing her own music, even if she isn't the greatest singer. I think she's an excellent role model for little girls. She hasn't fucked up like Brittany and Miley - YET

FIFY.

Give it time.

Dammit! beat me to it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

FIFY.

Give it time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY.

Give it time.

She doesn't even get close to walking the line, though. The other ones all pushed it enough times that it wasn't a surprise when they went full-slut. Aside from a couple songs, hers are all just sweet, catchy tunes that kids seem to enjoy. I'd be surprised if she jumped the shark.

Heck, I even tap my foot to a few of her songs. I don't even change the station.    
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Ironic that someone with the username "Undefined" is trying to define what is and is not country music.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

(flame suit on.)

but i listen to old country more than those i stated above, to me they arent the same genre, like said above, more country rock whatever bullshit.
View Quote

Modern country music is shit, for the most part.  Just pop singers with a hat.

That said, my 9 year old daughter is a huge Taylor Swift fan and I'd much rather have her listening to that than something like Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:09:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Neither is the Rascal Flats faggotry, Keith Urban, or 98 % of what passes for country music nowadays. Country music is dead.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:11:06 AM EDT
[#42]
every once in a while a singer comes along to completely redefine the genre.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That said, my 9 year old daughter is a huge Taylor Swift fan and I'd much rather have her listening to that than something like Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(flame suit on.)

truth, if i am driving, i would rather listen to any country or rock station around here than any hood rap, death metal, poppy shit that is playing on other stations.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:14:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He mad!

Sigh.

No, it needs lyrics about mama, trains, trucks, prison, and getting drunk.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Smart lady. Why compete with pop singers when you can make your mark on country where you're not having to compete so much against so many other pop singers.
Once you get your following you can slowly move over and try your luck at other genre.

That said a lot of what goes for country isn't country

ETA:
She even raps see how diverse she is LOL

She needs a few burgers to put a tad more weight on her but I'd hit
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Academy of Country Music thinks she is, so does about a dozen other country organizations.  

OP gone full retard.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't listen to her music but my 13-year old daughter was having me listen to some of it the other night.  I thought her voice sounded flat and monotone, and the songs my daughter had me listen to all pretty much sounded the same.  I don't get her music appeal at all.
View Quote

Young females like your daughter who relate to her tales of angst and relationship issues
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:15:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Glad to know I'm not the only one who absolutely can't tolerate her whiny so called "music". I'll listen to commercials rather than her crying for 4 mins.

Also why the fuck is a Maserati mentioned in country music? That's something those rich people in the city have who don't listen to country.
I've never even seen one. If she said mustang or camaro that would fit in a hell of alot more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#49]
This...pull out the old vinyl. This new shit blows on a level of suck I can not describe with any degree of suck.

Quoted:
Neither is the Rascal Flats faggotry, Keith Urban, or 98 % of what passes for country music nowadays. Country music is dead.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#50]
but there's a banjo in the background in most of her "country" songs. Of course it's removed for the pop stations.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top