Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2003 11:16:36 PM EDT
I found a kick ass wolf on ebay, was wondering if it was a good deal, this thing has a killer stance which I really like.

I dont expect alot of people to snipe me so Ill post the auction.

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3607215049&category=22702[/url]

Also is there an online store where I can get wolves and mountain lions?

Hell, I should just go hunt em down myself...but I wouldnnt know where to begin.

[edited to add the Peta Hi-jack line]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey 1Gr, wanna go gun down some wolves? Im probably about an hour away...[bounce]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Why would you want to kill a Wolf?  

May someone hunt your ass down for
the same pleasures you have for wolves.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Why would you want to kill a Wolf?  

May someone hunt your ass down for
the same pleasures you have for wolves.

View Quote

why would you [i]not[/i]?

Also wishing murder on me is a bit...er illegal
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't give a shit what anybody says, that thing is bad ass.

I think I might want to kill a wolf if I ever saw one close to my damn house.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Great looking mount! I would love to hunt a wolf as well. But then I don't usually buy into propaganda.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]

No, I haven't read the  NRA article, you speak of...  Just another ignorant author?
There are no written records of any healthy, wild wolves ever killing humans. They have been persecuted world wide to almost extinction on Human Ignorance.  Even as kids we are brainwashed to believe that the big bad wolf will kill us through stories and nursery rhymes. Wolves kill the weak and sick of herds, thus allowing the herds to flourish with less spread of disease.  Wolves
are not vermin and shouldn't be treated as the likes.  Killing a Wolf is purely sport  and categorized  with the same people who kill cats and dogs.  

Realist out
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I've never killed a cat, but I've shot a dog. I've also shot a rooster and a domestic turkey. Since I'm in the same class as someone who kills a wolf I'm going to change my name from Ponyboy to WolfeKiller
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I have no problem with regulated hunting of wolves, nor do I have a problem with directed predator control.  I do have a problem with all-out extermination as happened with the wolf in this country.  Thankfully, that is being rectified as we speak.

That mount looks well done.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Get real Realist. You have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously.

Gaspain, that is a nice looking mount. I used to be a professional taxidermist years ago. Taxi means to move, dermist means skin, most basic definition I can give, & used it to explain the job to folks who had no idea what it meant. I would love to shoot some wolves, & it's still a game animal in Alaska.[:D] I don't know where else it still is.  Don't concern yourself with the opinions of fish kissing tree hugger types, as they are full of bull stuff, & generally just stink things up. If you want a lion mount you can check with any semi large taxidermy shop. Sometimes they have hides they have purchased to mount, or a source to get one for you. I have a friend in WI who hunts them in Co, & I've eaten lion before. UMMMM! I also shot a big male right between the eyes with a .22 rifle years ago. That was fun. Anyway I also found a store in Keystone S.D. that had lion,grizzly,wolverine,wolf,& other tanned hides for sale. You could look for the store on line, & see what they have. Look up the town, it's right where Rushmore is, & it's the only store in town that is open all year. Hope this helps.
Oh yea, I remember seeing the tree huggers talking about how it had been more than 40 years since a Kodiak bear had killed a human, while reading Larry Kanuits book bear attack, where he quoted articles from the Alaskan papers detailing about 20 bear killings in those same 40 years on Kodiak.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, thats a great looking mount. I would love to have that in my Philadelphia apt!!

Scare the crap out of guests!!
Most of the city folk here have never seen a wolf.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Cool mount! Good luck.
I would love to trap or shoot a few wolves.
Being in the Nevada desert, it's not likely.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I would love to have that mount in my front yard Halloween night...with a sound track. [devil]

Bwhahahahahahaha

Seriously. Everybody find and read the [b]American Hunter[/b] article. This include you realist. You have boughten the animal rights wacko's propaganda hook, line and sinker. You owe it to yourself to get the "other" sides view.

Fair and Balanced, you know. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I think they should not be reintroducing wolves out west. You ask any rancher that busted his hump to make a living what he thinks about it. We exterminated wolves, & grizzlies for the purpose of eliminating the competition. The only reason most people want wolves reintroduced is because somewhere in their silly heads it makes the happy to be able to tell someone a thousand miles away that they are in control of their lives, & not the people who live there. Most folks will never see a wolf, boohoo for them. Not seeing a wolf will never cost me dime, but it will cost the American rancher money, as they are forced by the Federal government that they must allow a species to live on their land, that their ancestors fought to get rid of. I would kill a wolf out west then give the hide to a rancher ,& make a friend for life, if I had the opportunity. period.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#17]
It probably is a German Shepard with a dye job.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think they should not be reintroducing wolves out west. You ask any rancher that busted his hump to make a living what he thinks about it. We exterminated wolves, & grizzlies for the purpose of eliminating the competition. The only reason most people want wolves reintroduced is because somewhere in their silly heads it makes the happy to be able to tell someone a thousand miles away that they are in control of their lives, & not the people who live there. Most folks will never see a wolf, boohoo for them. Not seeing a wolf will never cost me dime, but it will cost the American rancher money, as they are forced by the Federal government that they must allow a species to live on their land, that their ancestors fought to get rid of. I would kill a wolf out west then give the hide to a rancher ,& make a friend for life, if I had the opportunity. period.
View Quote

Wolves won't put any ranchers out of business.  They may have to wait a month longer before they can buy a new pickup, but hey, they can stop ranching public land anytime they like, it's a free country.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#19]
So then I'm guessing if I let a pit bull onto your private property, & say it killed your animals, then that's just to darn bad, huh? A lot of ranchers own their own land, so what's your plan to keep the wolves of their private property? I would use  hi speed lead pills if it were my ranch, & my cattle that were being eaten.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:50:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh I forgot to ask, do you consider all land as belonging to the government as all you have to do is stop paying the taxes, & they step in a reposes it? The ranchers I knew weren't exactly rolling in dough. They were hard working honest folks busting their butts to make a life for themselves. So don't just assume their all Jed Clampits, with millions in the bank, & a new set of wheels every month , because they have a by your leave from the government property renters.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So then I'm guessing if I let a pit bull onto your private property, & say it killed your animals, then that's just to darn bad, huh? A lot of ranchers own their own land, so what's your plan to keep the wolves of their private property? I would use  hi speed lead pills if it were my ranch, & my cattle that were being eaten.
View Quote

The pitbull analogy doesn't wash as that is a domesticated animal and is supposed to be under your control.

VERY few ranchers in the areas where wolf introductions have taken place own the land they ranch, AND there are very aggressive control measures taken when wolves prey on livestock.  In addition, ranchers are reimbursed for their losses from a private fund.  I don't see what they have to complain about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#22]
[size=3]Thats it, I'VE HAD IT![/size=3]

Im going to get my hunting licence today and for every a stupid commment in this tread, I will turn a wolf into swiss cheese!

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Im going to get my hunting licence today and for every a stupid commment in this tread, I will turn a wolf into swiss cheese!

View Quote

Why don't you start with this one.
<---
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn there are some stupid people in this world.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Why don't you start with this one.
<---
View Quote

How much is an out of state hunting license? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
VERY few ranchers in the areas where wolf introductions have taken place own the land they ranch, AND there are very aggressive control measures taken when wolves prey on livestock.
View Quote

I do own my land.  My 'agressive control measures' include night vision & .257 [:)]. Only coyotes so far, wolves aren't down this far south yet.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The whole "wolf thing" is quite simple--the Communists of the world (and especially in this country) are using the "plight of the wolf" and subsequent "restoration" as a means to replace hunting, and therefore the "need" for firearms in America.  The science behind this though is devastating to animal populations in general--"nature's way" produces horrible "boom and bust" cycles of the various prey, and hence, predator, populations, rather than the consistent, healthy, stable populations we now have as a result of hunting being used to limit the populations, and keep them within the carrying capacity of the land.  The myth--[i]and it is a myth[/i]--that wolves only prey on the "sick and weak" is absolutely untrue.  It sounds good for propaganda purposes, but it is patently false.  There are predators that do this, such as dingoes and jackals, but wolves do not need to limit themselves to only the weak.  I'm sorry to interject truth into this thread--now I've got some baby harp seals to go club.  [;D]
View Quote

You're right. I ain't gonna get into this, I'll get my ass thrown out. Suffice to say reactionary, you have NO idea WTF you're talking about. You're falling for the environ wacko agenda. Check out the facts, instead of emotion, or "FEELINGS!! I don't care if ya own black rifles or not, please never move to Oregon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
[url]http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_c24af948acf99c92c067b64d997a5b57/i-1.JPG[/url]

This would make a great scratch post for my cats.
Thanks for the heads up!
View Quote

Bwaaaaa-ha-ha!  Mine too.

IBTL
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#32]
That wolf would make a nice humping post for my APBT.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
VERY few ranchers in the areas where wolf introductions have taken place own the land they ranch, AND there are very aggressive control measures taken when wolves prey on livestock.
View Quote

I do own my land.  My 'agressive control measures' include night vision & .257 [:)]. Only coyotes so far, wolves aren't down this far south yet.

-hanko
View Quote

Well, they've made it from Wyoming, (yellowstone), to eastern Oregon. They wanna re-introduce 'em just south of me in the Coast range. We are looking forward to it. Moving targets!![:D]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:49:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Reactionary has a point. Ranchers ARE re-imbursed for any wolf kill of their property. Wolves have been reintroduced in Eastern Arizona, and many have been killed by dumbass rednecks who simply hate wolves, for whatever reason.

TBK1, do you really think there is some master conspiracy to deprive us of our arms by the planned reintroduction of wolves? Yer tin foil hat is a little too tight, loosen it a bit. [Paging Imbroglio]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The whole "wolf thing" is quite simple--the Communists of the world (and especially in this country) are using the "plight of the wolf" and subsequent "restoration" as a means to replace hunting, and therefore the "need" for firearms in America.  The science behind this though is devastating to animal populations in general--"nature's way" produces horrible "boom and bust" cycles of the various prey, and hence, predator, populations, rather than the consistent, healthy, stable populations we now have as a result of hunting being used to limit the populations, and keep them within the carrying capacity of the land.  The myth--[i]and it is a myth[/i]--that wolves only prey on the "sick and weak" is absolutely untrue.  It sounds good for propaganda purposes, but it is patently false.  There are predators that do this, such as dingoes and jackals, but wolves do not need to limit themselves to only the weak.  I'm sorry to interject truth into this thread--now I've got some baby harp seals to go club.  [;D]
View Quote

You are right, wolves don't limit themselves to only sick and weak, although they will take them if available.  The thought that the phantom "comunists" are behind wolf introduction is laughable.  Some people value wildlife and natural systems, some don't, it's that simple.

I'm a hunter, and I think it would be great to have yet one more huntable species out there to pursue.  And if you think about it, the great (and expensive) hunting destinations, i.e. Alaska and Africa, have large intact predator populations.  Well regulated wolf populations will not harm other wildlife.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You're right. I ain't gonna get into this, I'll get my ass thrown out. Suffice to say reactionary, you have NO idea WTF you're talking about. You're falling for the environ wacko agenda. Check out the facts, instead of emotion, or "FEELINGS!! I don't care if ya own black rifles or not, please never move to Oregon.
View Quote

Actually, I know the facts very well.  I have worked hand in hand with ranchers on a variety of endangered species issues and I know their point of view.  I am a proponent of  ranching on public an private land.  I also know that the hysteria around this issue is just that, hysteria.  If ranching interests saved the money and energy they are now putting into lobbying against wolves, they would have more than enough to pay for any of their losses.

Also, this is not an animal rights issue, it's a conservation issue, big difference.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well regulated wolf populations will not harm other wildlife.
View Quote

And therein lies the problem. The greenies wanting to reintroduce/protect the wolves don't want a "regulated wolf population." They want they to be left "to nature." Where they over populate and devistate the population of game animals. To "regulate wolf populations" means to thin them out, or hunt them, when their populations get too large for a given area.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#38]
some people............

imagine thinking that the term "redneck" is derogatory.

[LOL]

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well regulated wolf populations will not harm other wildlife.
View Quote

And therein lies the problem. The greenies wanting to reintroduce/protect the wolves don't want a "regulated wolf population." They want they to be left "to nature." Where they over populate and devistate the population of game animals. To "regulate wolf populations" means to thin them out, or hunt them, when their populations get too large for a given area.
View Quote

The "greenies" don't have control.  If you read the wolf recovery plan, the objectives are very conservative, 20 established wolf packs in 3 areas.  When that has been acomplished (and it has) the wolves are to be (and have been) relegated to threatened status in those areas, that allows more effective control on populations, especially where livestock interests are concerned.

I don't have any problem with ranchers defending their herds from marauding wolves.   I just don't favor extermination.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Reactionary has a point. Ranchers ARE re-imbursed for any wolf kill of their property.
View Quote

Yeah, just like you are reimbursed by the airlines for them losing your luggage. After 17 hours of bureaucratic bullshit you might get half of the money that it would take you to replace it.

No thanks, hunting is more fun than sitting on hold on the phone or standing in line.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone that shoots a wolf or mountain lion because they have too, protecting livestock or family, well, life is tough.  The wolf/cat lost.  I'd do it myself if I had to.

Anyone that shoots one for pleasure??  Why not  stick with pulling wings off flies?

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#44]

You say you are a hunter??  What do you hunt?  I'm curious--[u]very curious[/u].  [>:/]
View Quote

Actually, I've been a hunter and fisherman all my life.  I hunt deer, upland birds, and call coyotes, although I'm not very good at it.  Why do you doubt?

Would like to read the American Hunter Article, but I get American Rifleman.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Oopsie!  You tipped your hand here.  You may have chosen the name "Reactionary" but you are not a reactionary, from a political standpoint.  [:)]

View Quote

Ever heard of irony?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Where the hell do you guys live?!
From reading this post it seems everyone here is knee deep in wolves!
As far as I know The only wolves around are in yellowstone and along the upper edge of the US especially around the great lakes.

I really dont see a need for wolf hunting do you? Unless your in an area where there is an actual population. There have been a few wolves killed by people/ranchers who thought they were coyotes.
Yes they are rembrersed for thier losses.
There are very few wolves in most of this country. They are needed in my opinon to keep the exploding amount of coyotes in check. When they introduced wolves back into yellowstone it brought down the # of cyotes back to a managable level it also killed quite a few elk.

Yes most ranchers are dirt poor. Most have thier places by the tip of thier fingers and colud be forclosed on if they didnt pay thier massive loans. That is because Of a Shitty cattle market not because thier are suddenly wolves everywhere. And Im damn sure if the animals are targeting someones animals they will be shot right or wrong you just wont hear about it. Ive seen hawks and bald egles shot for coming after chickens. If you want do do somthing good for nature go shoot a coyote and stop bitching about wolves.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:53:54 PM EDT
[#48]
God gave us dominion over the animals. End of story. I look forward to the day I get the chance to hunt wolf.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:55:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Where the hell do you guys live?!
From reading this post it seems everyone here is knee deep in wolves!
As far as I know The only wolves around are in yellowstone and along the upper edge of the US especially around the great lakes.

I really dont see a need for wolf hunting do you? Unless your in an area where there is an actual population. There have been a few wolves killed by people/ranchers who thought they were coyotes.
Yes they are rembrersed for thier losses.
There are very few wolves in most of this country. They are needed in my opinon to keep the exploding amount of coyotes in check. When they introduced wolves back into yellowstone it brought down the # of cyotes back to a managable level it also killed quite a few elk.
View Quote

I live in Idaho and we have had a large introduction of Canadian Timber Wolves, over 40 pairs have been planted over the past 8 years and the numbers have grown to over 400 known wolves. Around here farmers go by the "shoot,shovel and shutup" method. Any problem wolves are killed by Conservation Officers. I have seen 1 wolf and have heard several more.

Am I scared of them?? No. Should I be?? Maybe. Elk hunting here is not what it used to be, the heards are thinned down and you do not see as many yearling elk. On a 30 mile backpacking trip through Idaho's largest designated wilderness we found an average of 3 elk or deer carcauses that had been killed by wolves for every mile of the trail. They ARE decimating our wildlife populations. There have been rumors by the Idaho Fish and Game that a permit system for wolves may be opened in 2005. Wyoming did a small permit hunt for wolves this year.

I welcome the wolves, it save me from having to go to alaska to hunt one :)

Generic
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
On a 30 mile backpacking trip through Idaho's largest designated wilderness we found an average of 3 elk or deer carcauses that had been killed by wolves for every mile of the trail.
View Quote

So you found 90 wolf-killed elk or deer? I find that hard to believe.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top