Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2001 10:21:05 AM EDT
Anyone here anymore about who IMI is getting to manufacture the US Tavor, or when it's going to come out? Must....Have....Israli.....bullpup

[rail]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#1]
i think i am going to start a support group for those of us who can't wait for the tavor to be released.  how about it armed scientist, you in with me?

as a side note, i was looking in some old american rifleman issues (looking for the sig trailside review) and came across a short column about the imi tavor.  in there they said that it was only going to be released to police and military.  however, they said nothing about the production of these weapons here in the us.  in theory, if it is produced domectically, we should not have to worry about the 10 round mag limit.  it sould be just like an ar15, which it shares mags with.  

i was seriously looking to get one of those new ar180's from armalite, but i think i'll wait until i hear solid info on the tavor.  sloth
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
(stands up) Hello....my name is scientist, and...I am adicted to Bullpups (sobs and sheepishly sits down)

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I want a Tavor too. I've wanted one since they showed up in (get this) Popular Mechanics, Israel's new space age compact SMG's. The more research I do, the more I want one. For those who want the addy to Isreali Military Industries website(those UZIs and Galils are looking good too), it's [url]www.imi-israel.co.il[/url].

No, it wont tell you who's making them here, but the specs should be the same, allowing for 16" min bbl, semi auto, and a lack of evil features like flashiders and collapsing stocks. The collapsing stock issue is exactly why a want a Tavor so bad, and it beats the AUG by using AR mags.

Hang tight guys, hopefully we'll see them soon here.

Juggernaut[%(]
Link Posted: 5/31/2001 4:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]
you've probably seen it, but here's another Tavor resource.  

http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/tar.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top