Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2001 5:44:10 PM EDT
I saw one at a 'tupperware party for criminals' yesterday for about $20-30 more than some Jennings and Phoenix POS's.  I went ahead and got it.  I chose .22 since I have a shiite load of .22 for my AR7 and don't want to keep up with another caliber.  What do y'all think of it as a backup in the back pocket, or in a boot, etc?  I figure I can trust a Taurus, as opposed to some other brands of .22 autos.  It shoots .22LR and I loaded it with hollow points.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to pour some ammo through it to make sure of function and whichever load you choose for defensive purposes verify it's function as well.  I would rather be armed with a .22 than not armed at all.  .22's can be quite lethal because they have a nasty habit of bouncing around inside of their target.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had one of these for quite a few years, maybe ten.  It stays in the console when I on the road, in my pocket when I need a small carry pistol.  I try to shoot it about twice a year; took it out to the range today, oddly enongh.  

I like the DAO format for something like that...reduces chance of an accidental discharge.  I keep mine loaded with high velocity hollow points and can only remember one or two misfeeds in the time I've had it.  And I think those were first round on a fully loaded mag.  (I keep mine with one round less than max in the mag and one in the chamber/safey on.)  

My eyes are not good and groups at 7 yards are 5-6 inches, closer to 10-12 with rapid fire.  But I suspect this would be quite sufficient.  

Quality and durability are very good.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Good little gun, just be careful of what you feed it. I carry CCI Stingers in mine but practice with standard .22's. I kaboomed mine with some of that hot Aguila stuff. It split the slide just under the tip up part on the barrel. I got a nasty note back from the factory saying not to use hyper velosity ammo in it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top