Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 10:16:27 AM EDT
Well I ordered some mags from Tapco the other day and then get an email from them saying that they are no longer shipping any of their products (including catalogs) to campus addresses because of new concerns about school violence and zero tolerance policies. This despite the fact that I have ordered from them to my school address before without problem and doing so violates no rules at my school.

So fuck them, another company that bends over and takes it from a bunch of soccer moms doesn't get my fourty dollars.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:39:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheFreepster:
Well I ordered some mags from Tapco the other day and then get an email from them saying that they are no longer shipping any of their products (including catalogs) to campus addresses because of new concerns about school violence and zero tolerance policies. This despite the fact that I have ordered from them to my school address before without problem and doing so violates no rules at my school.

So fuck them, another company that bends over and takes it from a bunch of soccer moms doesn't get my fourty dollars.

Are you in college? High school? Either way, I suggest you pay attention in class because it's spelled FORTY dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I learned this in the 3rd or 4th grade?

I weep for the future.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:41:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:42:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Are you in college? High school? Either way, I suggest you pay attention in class because it's spelled FORTY dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I learned this in the 3rd or 4th grade?

I weep for the future.

Maybe he's European...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:44:36 PM EDT
Have'em delivered to your famlies house.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:51:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

Better yet, sign up for NAMBLA and have all the literature sent to TAPCO.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:55:24 PM EDT
A) Tapco does not suck; I picked up a pile of HK MP5/94 mags from them for DIRT cheap, like $9/mag, and they were better than advertized. I also picked up 12 East German AK74 mags, in EG pouches, for dirt cheap, and 8 of them/2 pouches were NIW!!!!...worth a fair chunk of change. Yah, some of their products are less than par, but you can pick that up by reading the descriptions.

B) Why would you put your school address down? Just write down street address and box number, or suite number. No need to get into specifics. I'm sure the local carriers know the address of the place by heart. Yeesh.

I've bought from 'em and if they had something of interest I'd buy from 'em again...

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:07:35 PM EDT
Its a college, fourty, haha, and I did put the street address down. Unfortunatly the street is Campus Avenue so they made the correct assumption.

And you are correct, they have a lot of good products and good deals. I've bought from them in the past. I'm just pissed off at their super-PC business practices.

Originally Posted By Evil_Ed:
A) Tapco does not suck; I picked up a pile of HK MP5/94 mags from them for DIRT cheap, like $9/mag, and they were better than advertized. I also picked up 12 East German AK74 mags, in EG pouches, for dirt cheap, and 8 of them/2 pouches were NIW!!!!...worth a fair chunk of change. Yah, some of their products are less than par, but you can pick that up by reading the descriptions.

B) Why would you put your school address down? Just write down street address and box number, or suite number. No need to get into specifics. I'm sure the local carriers know the address of the place by heart. Yeesh.

I've bought from 'em and if they had something of interest I'd buy from 'em again...

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:08:59 PM EDT

They don't deliver to Massachusetts (my family home). Another stupid PC practice that has nothing to do with the law. (Or maybe our Attorny General's Faggy practice of intimidating out of state retailers with lawsuits.)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:09:04 PM EDT

Its a college, fourty,

Then I weep for the present.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:10:00 PM EDT

Its a college, fourty,

notice HAHA
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:10:03 PM EDT

A) Tapco does not suck; I picked up a pile of HK MP5/94 mags from them for DIRT cheap, like $9/mag, and they were better than advertized.

+1

I bought 20 MP5 mags, though they were more expensive at 12.99 each. These were the strait HK mags. Works flawlessly out of my MP5. Wish they had more at that price!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:11:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:13:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
That's a good deal! I paid fivety for my mags.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:20:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
That's a good deal! I paid fivety for my mags.

You owe me a frikken keyboard!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:20:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 7:

A) Tapco does not suck; I picked up a pile of HK MP5/94 mags from them for DIRT cheap, like $9/mag, and they were better than advertized.

+1

I bought 20 MP5 mags, though they were more expensive at 12.99 each. These were the strait HK mags. Works flawlessly out of my MP5. Wish they had more at that price!

Yah, I saw it like the first day and bought 10...

2 weeks later I decided I needed more, and they raised the price....ah well.

The week after they were out
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:43:56 PM EDT

Its a college, fourty,

The tears must really be flowing, eh BobCole?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:46:04 PM EDT
Thanks for the heads up, I'll avoid them in the future.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:49:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:49:35 PM EDT

I weep for the future.

Maybe he had one too many fourtee ownces in colege.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:56:44 PM EDT
College kids shouldn't have time for gun stuff... you need to start paying more of your tuition if you can afford distractions other then....

1. PIE
2. Classes
3. PIE
4. Homework
5. PIE
6. Exams

Man this is the best time of your life... waite until you get older like me and the wife will not let you touch her. They you will have LOTS of time to play with your guns!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 5:57:39 PM EDT by AMZ]
Freepster , I dont know you and I dont owe you,but if you really want them I can help.

I like TAPCO, and would be willing to recieve them for you , then send them to you.You would only pay me shipping cost.

---Arfcomers need to help one another , not tease about mispelled words.---

IM me if you are up for it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:00:31 PM EDT
TAPCO RAWKS!
I have an AR15 that's got every TAPCO accessory I could find on the webpage on it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:05:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:10:50 PM EDT
IMO, they have good service and a good business ethic, but you have to watch the product... They sell both medium and low quality commercial stuff in addition to milsurp gear in various condition. As long as your expectations are in line with the product ordered, you'll be satisfied. Just don't expect that Leapers rebrand to be an ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:13:32 PM EDT

I weep for the future.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:14:20 PM EDT

Don't have a friend off-campus you could use just for a mailing address ?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:20:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:
the only problem i have with tapco is their logo stuff is typically garbage at best and the rape you on shipping charges.

that said they do stand behind the garbage when it breaks no questions asked.

A glowing recommendation. I can't wait to order some garbage.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:24:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By spartacus2002:

You didn't specify which NAMBLA....

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:29:39 PM EDT
Wernt they just tree fidy the other day? Cause That what I gots them fors....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:30:46 PM EDT
Gots to be tactical 'nuff for a fourty....
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:11:43 PM EDT
No sadly, my campus doesn't let you live off campus until you are a senior and all the seniors I knew graduated last year.

I think I will just order from another source. However, the thought did cross my mind to just order to my name at a incorrect street address on campus (maybe to a field house or something). I figure tapco would probably ship to this address and the college (its pretty small) would eventually get the package to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:21:09 PM EDT
How many students go to your college? Proposition every senior female- "Wanna shack up?" If you ask 1000, at least one will take you up on it and you can have them shipped to her apt. Plus you get some pie.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:23:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By callgood:
How many students go to your college? Proposition every senior female- "Wanna shack up?" If you ask 1000, at least one will take you up on it and you can have them shipped to her apt. Plus you get some pie.

Awesome advice!

How about a PO Box?
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:24:48 PM EDT
Nothing but good luck with TAPCO; hell if it bothers you that much buy a friggin house.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:39:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By teknofear:

Originally Posted By spartacus2002:

You didn't specify which NAMBLA....

I didn't know there was more than one NAMBLA, but it worries me that you do
Top Top