Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2003 5:58:31 PM EDT
Tapco tells you if your order is in by a certin time it will go out befor noon that day. Well I placed the order at 4:00 am did it go out at noon ? NO it went out at 5:30 pm then UPS loges it in at 8:00 pm. And when you try to get there (WORLD FAMOUS CUSTERMER SERVICE) All you get is (WEB SITE NOT RESPONDING)! MAN I HATE THAT SAYING ! Then to UPS !! This would make the POPE P.O.ed ! It went out 2nd day air ! Hince the word AIR ! Well its went the hole way ground ! I asked them why ? They said. The day they pick it up does not count and its only the next full days that count and it dosent mater if its truck or air as long as you get it in th 2nd full day. But they still charge you the (2nd) day AIR price!
Sorry about blowing off like this but I figured you guys could learn from my mistake.

Keith    [grenade]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
How in the world did you get through to them did you have to call ? I cant get there E mail to work !
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Tapco also refuses to ship to college campuses.
When questioned about this poilicy on the now defunct thefiringline.com, the owner of TAPCO said the reasoning for this was "you know, because of all those school shootings".

He held this position until he realized (through the assistance of a few members) that that particular logic was straight from the Sarah Brady handbook.

Can you imagine?
A "pro RKBA" company refusing to sell legal parts to legal adults because there have been school shootings at some point in time?
Give me a break. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I have nothing but praise for TAPCO. All my orders have gone thru flawlessly and their prices are great.
Try spellcheck Keith.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't had any trouble with Tapco with the many times I've ordered from them.  Also, excellent customer service IMHO.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
TAPCO has been quick to answer questions and problem-free for me.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Spell check dont work !

[moon]  Teach !  [hail2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Press button that say spell check. If word is not spell correct fix it. Follow instruction in spell check. If word spelled bad. Spell check tell what word is good. Pick good word and change.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#10]
All mine does is tell you whats wrong and nuthing else !
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#11]
[ROFL]  [LOLabove]2

good teach cp
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Bad spelled word is in red. Press "change to" button to fix bad word.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I had an order from Tapco that was screwed up. I paid a hand pick fee and recieved a total POS haversack for my 5.00 extra dollars. It had more repair thread than cloth. Every other order has been fine. I don't like them much but I will take advantage of good deals.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Their prices are good ! But I just don't like some one telling me one thing and doing another. If you say your going to ship at a sertin time do it. If you say and I pay second day air send it that way or give me the trucked price. Like my father said don't piss down my back and try to tell me its raining !

P.S.  This is not the only time I have bought from them but I wonted this faster than before. So much for that !
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bad spelled word is in red. Press "change to" button to fix bad word.
View Quote

There is no change to button on my spell checker !
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Tapco has always done me RIGHT.[:D]
In fact, the only reason I haven’t sent them any business lately is that I’m been sending money to buy more ammo.  I’m a bit short of .223 at the moment.[:(]

UPS, on the other hand, Sucks Clinton.[frag]
At the start of this month I sent away for cleaning supplies from Sinclair International.  The idiot UPS deliveryman put the package exactly where nobody ever looks.  So it got rained on almost every day. [pissed] When I called up Sinclair and asked about my order, the Rep said that UPS delivered the package on a Certain day. [furious] And where the package was left. [pound] The Sinclair Rep heard a VERY censored version of the Delivery person parentage, linage, and lack of proper breeding thereof.[nuts]
A couple of years ago I ordered a case of ammo from Georgia Arms.  UPS delivered the ammo about three homes from where it was supposed to go. [banghead] I could have understood if the house numbers were even close, but they are not.[noclue]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I just cant stand some one to tell you there going to do it one way and take your money and then do it another way.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
When you press "spell check" a widow appears in the upper left of your screen. In this window you will see the text of your post.
If there is a spelling error, it will appear in red. Look below the text and you will see several boxes.
Never mind.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Life is full of that kind of crap. I hope you are young so you can adapt and get used to it.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:07:42 PM EDT
[#20]
its dits bits  [hail2]

dont know if this works I'm trying to copy the spell checker screen to this page to show you the boxes at the bottom are NOT there.

Didnt work O well you'll Just have to take my word on it!

Hay who is in charge of this place my spell checker dont work like his ! I'm just a damn dumbass redneck that cant spell as good as some people, So could you fix this thing so I can have a post with a little peace of mind !!!

Thanks !
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#21]
So did UPS get you your package on time or was it late?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#22]
I still dont have it ! IT never left the ground but they charge you for it !! A** Holes.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Does this thing look like it ever left the ground ?
Package Progress:

Date  Time  Location  Activity

May 30, 2003    4:50 A.M.    FT MYERS, FL, US    OUT FOR DELIVERY
    3:00 A.M.    FT MYERS, FL, US    ARRIVAL SCAN
May 29, 2003    7:46 P.M.    JACKSONVILLE, FL, US    DEPARTURE SCAN
    11:41 A.M.    JACKSONVILLE, FL, US    ARRIVAL SCAN
    2:13 A.M.    DORAVILLE, GA, US    DEPARTURE SCAN
    1:29 A.M.    DORAVILLE, GA, US    ARRIVAL SCAN
May 28, 2003    9:45 P.M.    ACWORTH, GA, US    DEPARTURE SCAN
    8:08 P.M.    ACWORTH, GA, US    ORIGIN SCAN
    5:57 P.M.    US    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: May 30, 2003 1:14 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

I sent my order in the 28th at 4:00am and it says in the tapco webb page that it would go out at noon ! Does 5:57 look like NOON ! NO ! and I was charged for air travel. Does it look like it ever left the ground to you ?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#24]
3:24 still no UPS
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#25]
It probably was ready to go out at noon. Most companys have a UPS driver that does pickups at their place of business. As I am sure tapco does. So what time it is picked up is totally out of their control. That 5:57 is just when your billing info got to the tracking computer is all. Not the actual time it was picked up. Now I am only defending Tapco because UPS sucks. So give tapco a little break. You ordered it on the 28th & it is out for delivery on the 30th. No matter what time it was shipped that is two days.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#26]
2 days ground not air ! Why should I pay for air if it was driven here ! It would have taken the same time either way but the charged me over $20 bucks for air.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember reading an incident a couple years ago involving UPS and a package sent to a FFL. The stupid UPS guy dumped the package (a handgun) off at the wrong address and didn't bother getting a signature for it. FFL calls UPS asking WTF is up. UPS repeatedly tells FFL that the package was delivered to the correct address. Argument ensues. UPS contacts the driver and he admits his error. FFL goes over to the house where moron UPS man went. Guy at the house enthusiastically denies ever seeing the package. FFL is suspicious and notifies the cops of the loss. Cops go to talk to the wrong address guy. He gets nervous and admits he has the gun. FFL finally gets the handgun, but I dunno what happened to the other parties involved.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#28]
5:26pm no UPS !
They should have fired the UPS guy and put the other one in Jail for fraud.
Hmmmm It was 5:57 three days ago they scanned it in ! Hmmm.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Check around where your garbage cans are.  The package Just Might be over there.
[furious]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have nothing but praise for TAPCO. All my orders have gone thru flawlessly and their prices are great.
Try spellcheck Keith.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#33]
So did you get your package today or not?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Spell check doesn't work for me either, but I can spell.

TS
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Package Progress:

Date  Time  Location  Activity

May 30, 2003    5:57 P.M.    FT MYERS, FL, US    DELIVERY
    4:50 A.M.    FT MYERS, FL, US    OUT FOR DELIVERY
    3:00 A.M.    FT MYERS, FL, US    ARRIVAL SCAN
May 29, 2003    7:46 P.M.    JACKSONVILLE, FL, US    DEPARTURE SCAN
    11:41 A.M.    JACKSONVILLE, FL, US    ARRIVAL SCAN
    2:13 A.M.    DORAVILLE, GA, US    DEPARTURE SCAN
    1:29 A.M.    DORAVILLE, GA, US    ARRIVAL SCAN
May 28, 2003    9:45 P.M.    ACWORTH, GA, US    DEPARTURE SCAN
    8:08 P.M.    ACWORTH, GA, US    ORIGIN SCAN
    5:57 P.M.    US    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: May 31, 2003 12:26 A.M. Eastern Time (USA

5:57 the 28th to 5:57 the 30th.
        [beathorse]

Can you blow any thing else of yours other than your own horn ?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered from tapco twice and I was very happy with the service. There prices on FAL and CETME mags are great I wish I could buy a CETME. By way how is CETME pronounced it it like Set Me?
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

5:57 the 28th to 5:57 the 30th.
        [beathorse]
View Quote

28th (0 days, it doesn't count) +29th (1 day) +30th (1 day) or if you don't like that math
28th-29th (1 day) + 29th-30th(1 day)

That's TWO days!  Are you still going to whine and cry because it might not have actually gotten on a plane?
View Quote

YES about the lies they told me about it being air service and taking the money for it when they new damn well it was going ground !
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#39]
2nd day air is just a guaranteed service that it will arrive in two business days. It is not guaranteed that it will go on an airplane.

You got your package in two days. I think for once UPS did what they promised so stop your bitching.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:01:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#41]
WOW!!!!!!

Guess what guys!  I just had UPS stop by and drop me off a neat package.......funny, I don't remember ordering anything.....

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#42]
I gess some people just can't understand when they read  air' 2nd day air' ground' ect. If I said I was going to wash your car or just spit on your car or pi** on your car. And you thought well I wont it to shine but I dont have the money for you to wash my car so just spit on it. so I charged you for spitting on it. But I decided what the hell he allready payed so I'll just piss on it ! And you saw me just piss on it and it mad you mad but you acording to you cant say any thing about it becouse it did the same thing in the same amount of time right !  Well Darn I gess I am stupid aint I !
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#43]
I AM NO LONGER READDING THIS POST . THANKS FOR ALL YOUR REPLY'S. COULD SOME ONE PLEASE LOCK THIS SO IT WILL GO AWAY ! THANKS

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CANT SEE WHY I WAS MAD I'M SORRY! HAVE A NICE DAY! OR SECOND DAY AIR!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Tapco, great prices and service. UPS, hope I don't ever lose my current driver. When he's not in a rush we chew the fat, guns, POS Clinton, you name it. So I guess what I am saying. Sh%t Happens, sorry it happened to you!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#45]
From [url=http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/select/sending/services/second_day.html]UPS Web Site[/url].

UPS 2nd Day Air

UPS 2nd Day Air allows you to save on packages that don't require "overnight" delivery

Guaranteed Second-day Delivery
Use UPS 2nd Day Air® as an economical alternative for time-sensitive shipments that do not require next day delivery.

Guaranteed on-time delivery throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico by the end of the second business day
Intra-Alaska shipments are not guaranteed
Deliveries to remote locations in Alaska may take an additional 1-5 days

Service Availability

Available throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico
Intra-Alaska shipments are not guaranteed

For specific guarantee details and service availability, use our online applications to calculate delivery time and estimate cost.  

Benefits
Second-day delivery combined with up-to-the minute tracking information makes UPS 2nd Day Air the right choice for shipments that do not require overnight delivery
Second-day service provides substantial savings compared to rates for overnight service
Fast, reliable delivery guaranteed by the end of the second business day
View Quote

"2nd Day Air" is a Registered Trademark of UPS that is a brand name of a particular service. UPS never makes any claim about the mode of carriage used to perform the service. It looks like UPS did provide the service you paid for: they delivered the package by the end of the second business day. If you really, Really, REALLY need your package at a specific time, the delivery charges are quite high.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top