Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/1/2004 4:58:32 PM EST
A buddy sent me an e-mail the other day. He's rotating home and he was thanking various people for helping him out. I don't know if he got to talk to these guys personally, but I thought they might appreciate it. If you know any of the crewmen in these tanks, please pass it on. FYI, my buddy is an EOD guy and I think he was refering to something that happened in Sadr City if that rings any bells.

To the tank crews of SHUTTLE DIPLOMACY, ANGER MGMT, and BODY BAG
FILLER; thanks for covering my ass when it was most needed
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:06:26 PM EST
don't know, but i do know that my buddy SSG. Gibson is fully in the shit in sadar city and is master gunner on an abrams...........................haven't heard from him in weeks
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:30:20 PM EST
I thought Gibson was mostly doing sniper type work? Or am I confused somehow.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:21:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By billclo:
I thought Gibson was mostly doing sniper type work? Or am I confused somehow.

SSG. Gibson is an abrams guy....................however, for the longest time in his deployment there were no tanks to be had.........................in fact, most everybody regardless of what they were trained for were doing infantry work

to right now i still have no idea if he ever got his tank or not.......................last i heard though he was still doing foot patrols though regardless
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:03:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By bmick325:
A buddy sent me an e-mail the other day. He's rotating home and he was thanking various people for helping him out. I don't know if he got to talk to these guys personally, but I thought they might appreciate it. If you know any of the crewmen in these tanks, please pass it on. FYI, my buddy is an EOD guy and I think he was refering to something that happened in Sadr City if that rings any bells.

Love thoes names of the tanks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:13:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By M1-Matt:

Before I took over my first platoon, they briefly had one of the tanks names "LAPALOTTAPUS" - the powers that be made them paint that one over in a hurry...

Steel on Target,

Dave
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:43:10 AM EST

Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Originally Posted By M1-Matt:

Before I took over my first platoon, they briefly had one of the tanks names "LAPALOTTAPUS" - the powers that be made them paint that one over in a hurry...

Steel on Target,

Dave

They should have changed it to Chow Hur Pu Tang.

Top Top