Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/17/2015 12:09:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 12:14:01 AM EST by bcauz3y]
Was trying to explain in a way that makes sense and sticks with her. She's a great shot, and religious about carrying her glock every day, always.

That being said, she's not always situationally aware.

I explained it like this:

Your job is to win the war. In order to do that, you have to win most/all of the battles.

Situation Awareness(1) = Distance(2) = Time(2) + Preparedness(4) = Win(!)

Being aware(First Battle) of whats going on before it reaches you(Second) gives you time(Third) to get your shit together(Fourth) to defend yourself(Win).

Now, you don't have to win all of them, but the more you do, the more likely your success.

You see(1) a ghetto ride parked at a pump as you pull into the gas station. A couple of urban youths are milling around near it. You pull up to the furthest pump(2) from them and keep an eye on them. They notice you, and start to fan out in your direction.(3) You check your surroundings and position yourself between your car and their approach and get a grip on your weapon.(4) If they approach you have concealment to work if you have to.(!)

I realize you should just drive away, but for conversations sake this is the easiest way to explain it.

Also, consider that some of the battles may already be lost before the war starts. You may not have distance to gain time, but if you are situationally aware and prepared, you can still win. Control the battles you can.

Rules:

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:18:49 AM EST
being aware is no. 1

mine would be dead/stolen/raped before she even knew what was going on. ive tried. not my life not my rules
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:24:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 12:24:49 AM EST by Taktiq]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:
being aware is no. 1

mine would be dead/stolen/raped before she even knew what was going on. ive tried. not my life not my rules
View Quote

This. My wife isn't necessarily clueless....hell we worked together on a psych ward for fuck sake and she could hold her own, but put her in public? UGH!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:41:21 AM EST
My wife is a freaken Polly Anna but I love her. Been drumming on her for 30 years now and at least have gotten threw on a few things.
1. Awarness is key.
2. Fight, aim for the eyes, throat, groin in that order, never leave with someone, it is better too die in a public place than in a corn field somewhere.
3. Aim center of mass and keep pulling the trigger until it quits going bang, then run like hell the other way from the threat.
4. If they want your "S" give it too them, if they want you then it is fight time.
5. If where together and I say the GO word/phrase (I will never kid or joke when useing it ) then I am Killen some assholes so never never grab my arms or wrap me up like you do during a scary movie. Get behind me and grap the center of my back/belt and if I move you move, if I stop you stop, if I tell you to run then run too the rally point being the first place with people in it or our car/truck which ever is further form the fight.
6. Do not react to stupid, no flipping the bird, or honking the horn, running your mouth. just have a nice day too stupid and drive on with life.
I know I am leaveing a bunch out so forth and so on but she has those down. That about all I can expect from Polly Anna, god bless her soul.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:51:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:05:37 AM EST
My wife would be a mother bear for our children, but she wouldnt have a clue that anything was going down until it was too late.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:12:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 6:13:00 AM EST by BTccw]
PSA: Women are (with some exceptions)........built, created, predisposed, genetically DIFFERENT from men. This is why (for the most part) the combat thing doesn't work out......and (with a couple of exceptions) has never worked out for any army......ever.

My wife is as innocent and pure as the wind driven snow.....she knows there are bad guys out there.....and doesn't care.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:18:07 AM EST
How about just not stopping at a ghetto ass gas station?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:37:48 AM EST
My wife carrys.
If she is feeling unsure about hes surroundings her hand is on her pistol.
If our daughter is with her........Momma Bear is more than ready.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:44:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/17/2015 6:46:26 AM EST by runcible]
Good situational awareness will allow you to avoid more trouble than a gun will ever get you out of.

Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
You see(1) a ghetto ride parked at a pump as you pull into the gas station. A couple of urban youths are milling around near it. You pull up to the furthest pump...
View Quote

That would be what is often described on the internet as "FAIL."
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:42:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By Dashammer:
My wife is a freaken Polly Anna but I love her. Been drumming on her for 30 years now and at least have gotten threw on a few things.
1. Awarness is key.
2. Fight, aim for the eyes, throat, groin in that order, never leave with someone, it is better too die in a public place than in a corn field somewhere.
3. Aim center of mass and keep pulling the trigger until it quits going bang, then run like hell the other way from the threat.
4. If they want your "S" give it too them, if they want you then it is fight time.
5. If where together and I say the GO word/phrase (I will never kid or joke when useing it ) then I am Killen some assholes so never never grab my arms or wrap me up like you do during a scary movie. Get behind me and grap the center of my back/belt and if I move you move, if I stop you stop, if I tell you to run then run too the rally point being the first place with people in it or our car/truck which ever is further form the fight.
6. Do not react to stupid, no flipping the bird, or honking the horn, running your mouth. just have a nice day too stupid and drive on with life.
I know I am leaveing a bunch out so forth and so on but she has those down. That about all I can expect from Polly Anna, god bless her soul.
View Quote

My wife has worked in a ghetto for 40 years; she is careful and aware, but just last week she whined at me to take the pistol out of her car, because if she were stopped by the police she would have to look through her purse for her permit.

You can't make this shit up!

Wimin
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:28:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By runcible:
Good situational awareness will allow you to avoid more trouble than a gun will ever get you out of.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By runcible:

Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
You see(1) a ghetto ride parked at a pump as you pull into the gas station. A couple of urban youths are milling around near it. You pull up to the furthest pump...

Yea, I was tired, it was late, I knew my scenario would be ripped up.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:29:33 AM EST
Originally Posted By w33b8t1:
How about just not stopping at a ghetto ass gas station?
View Quote
(2)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:40:13 AM EST
My wife generally distrusts the world and everyone in it. She would go hardcore mama bear on anyone who tried to harm the kids. However, she won't carry. She knows I do, and it's fine when we're together, but she won't on her own. Bothers me because although we live in a very low crime city, the high crime city next door keeps expanding. A gas station we pass on the way to our kids school was robbed this week and the yute walked right in and put a bullet in the 65 yo clerk, DOA. It's getting shitty, and I wish she would take it more seriously.
Top Top