Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 3:57:55 PM EDT
What do you think about it?

Do you do it?  

I mean, when you visit a loved one's grave site do you talk to them?

Do you think they hear you?

What do you say?

I do, and am not sure what I think about it or why I even do it.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I talked to my father before they rolled his body away but I wont talk  to a grave site.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, if it makes me feel better I do it. No harm in that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
No and No...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i don't but i know those that do.

i figure it helps with the greiving process. easier to beleive they are around in another form and able to hear you.

At the very least you must admit they return to dust, so in one way or another they ARE still with us.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I talk to my grandfathers headstone when I visit it. Hes right there, its better than trying to use a phone.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
God forbids it.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It depends on what you mean by 'talk to'.  If you mean busting out the Ouija board and having a seance, then no.

But I do talk to my father every day, and it gives me comfort.  There is no grave for me to go to, so I just talk to him like I'm having a normal conversation with someone.  If people think I'm crazy, then fine.  I don't care.  

Personally, I think I'd go crazy if I didn't do it.  

I dont think anyone would call you crazy, if it helps you, then by all means do it.

As for me I dont, I figure hey my grandma is dead, she is gone, as much as I hat ethat, there really aint much she can do to help me these days. Same with my best friend who died in 03, great guy, but he is gone, as much as I hate it, nothing I can do about it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It depends on what you mean by 'talk to'.  If you mean busting out the Ouija board and having a seance, then no.

But I do talk to my father every day, and it gives me comfort.  There is no grave for me to go to, so I just talk to him like I'm having a normal conversation with someone.  If people think I'm crazy, then fine.  I don't care.  

Personally, I think I'd go crazy if I didn't do it.  

+1, I always thought this was a 'given' I never thought anyone would think it unusual.....
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]
despite death, those who we've known live on in our memories. They are a part of us no matter how we try to deny it. I think it is a normal thing to do .
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

At the very least you must admit they return to dust, so in one way or another they ARE still with us.

Sgtar15

I believe they are with us, whether through heredity / genetics, imprinting / mannerisms and of course, the thought of, through memories. They are only as far as we allow them get go.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, as if they were standing right next to me.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
God forbids it.  

What are you talking about?!?!!?

The poster is referring to soothsayers, witches,  mediums, things of that nature. Dont sweat it, doing what you do is ok.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I am going to visit my cousins gravesite soon. When I do, I will sit for a while, have a beer or two, and talk out loud to him. I know he will hear me.
I guess I don't really worry about what others may think about it
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Do you mean talking out loud as if you were talking to someone with ears?

I figure if you could communicate with someone that is dead verbalizing your words wouldn't make any difference... I would figure you could communicate with your thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Do you mean talking out loud as if you were talking to someone with ears?

That or silently, myself I talk out loud.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
God forbids it.  

hat

The poster is referring to soothsayers, witches,  mediums, things of that nature. Dont sweat it, doing what you do is ok.

+1
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
God forbids it.  

What does God say about X-box?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:43:36 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
God forbids it.  

Big phone with heavenly beam of light shining down rings. St. Peter answers it...

Yes sir?

Oh, just a moment.. (hands over the phone) Jerome, it's for you....

WTF?

If that's what you believe, man, it's your bag.

Personally, I could swear I'll hear my Dad's laugh when I catch myself screwin' up (just before I pull a real D'OH! ).

I'll talk to him occasionally, 'cuz I know he's watchin' from somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top