Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 4:07:23 PM EDT

USS Cobia in Manitowoc, WI where they used to build them in WW2.  Just wanted to post it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice boat
Horrible motorcycle

Thanks

taffy
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
www.allomac.com/Duane/35.html.......This is a page from my ships yearbook.the years she was decommed...................I am in the pick that has the caption "Didn't we have this lecture last week".......I am the mook resting on my elbow in the back with a crew cut hair do.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nice boat
Horrible motorcycle

Thanks

taffy

Ever ride an R12gs?  You;'d be very very surprised.  I can hang with the best squids on their GSXR's on track days.  Handling is superb.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My ZXR750H1 Rocks...
Track days too....
I did not mean to dis ya bike but it's German....what do the Germans know about building bikes?

I have to give it to the Japs they do know how to produce wicked bikes

After my ZXR my favorite was my old original Z1000 ST, she was a gem

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool pic!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Your ZX7 is a friggen boat anchor UNLESS you slapped either a Muzzy built 750/885 motor or a ZX9 motor in it.

EDIT: Just ran your model of ZX7 through Google, it's a 1989 ZX7, so it's got a 750 Ninja bottom end on it with a ZX7 top end.
You can't even put a ZX9 motor in it.
If you were able to buy one of the 750 Ninja race kits and a ZX7 race kit you could make a pretty close Muzzy replica engine just as long as you lightened up the crank and got the longer rods with the shorter pistons.

The current 600's will run circles around a stock ZX7.  

BMW just hopped on the Sportbike wagon this year....

Quoted:
My ZXR750H1 Rocks...
Track days too....
I did not mean to dis ya bike but it's German....what do the Germans know about building bikes?

Taffy

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Did I mention "stock"

No...oooops
My mistake.

Taffy
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My ZXR750H1 Rocks...
Track days too....

Taffy

what do the Germans know about building bikes?  How about since 1923?  BTW I had a Kawasaki ZX-7R as well.  Top speed wise it was faster but I bet ya the Beemer is pretty damned close in the 1/4 (and its not even a sportbike).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top