Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/4/2002 12:05:55 PM EST
Does the History Channel ever play these anymore? One of my friends offered to record them for me, but I can't find them in the TV listings. Are they on a different channel, or just played rarely, or what?
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 12:32:29 PM EST
They're done. No more new ones, old ones repeated intermitently.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:00:13 PM EST
You can order all the episodes on video, from the History Channel web site. I am waiting for the DVD versions.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:23:45 PM EST
Man! You just missed it. Two weeks ago, History Channel's "Marathon Monday" played 'em all day. I'm getting copies of "Tales of the Gun" from the NRA. Every 2-3 Months they send another episode and ya can keep/pay or send it back. Kinda like a Time-Life music deal. The first episode "Ten Guns That Changed The World" was only $9 and the rest are $24.95 S&H included. I think the retail price is $29.95 + S&H.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 1:33:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By ski223: I'm getting copies of "Tales of the Gun" from the NRA. Every 2-3 Months they send another episode and ya can keep/pay or send it back. Kinda like a Time-Life music deal. The first episode "Ten Guns That Changed The World" was only $9 and the rest are $24.95 S&H included. I think the retail price is $29.95 + S&H.
View Quote
That's kind of a ripoff. You can get them for $12 an episode directly from Greystone(the folks that made the series). [url]www.greystoneonline.com/tales.shtml[/url] USPC40 [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:44:03 PM EST
Yeah, it might be a rip-off.... But! I see it as a "painless" way to support the NRA. I, too, am an NRA Life Member and I got a tad tired of sending additional contributions. This way, I feel a little better about sending my money in. Besides, I think the bronze "Collector's Coin's", with the Big Game pics, that come with the video are kinda neat.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:25:29 PM EST
Same thing here guys. I don`t support them (send money) that often.So I don`t mind sending them a little extra money for those videos. Course I do wish that they were on DVD.
Top Top