Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2001 6:44:54 PM EDT
I worked in a gun store a few years ago, and the owner had a cloth that would remove sratches from stainless steel guns. I think he got it from an auto parts store. Id like to get one to use on my own guns, but want to be sure before I try this. Anybody know what it was? I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be used to clean crome on cars, does this exists? Would it be ok to use on Stainless Steel?
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yankee dude, execellent topic.  I've got a couple of minor scratches on my NM M1A's barrel.  This cloth sounds too good to be true.  I will check it out when I go to the parts store tommorrow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
there is wading polish (nevrDull)that will minimize the look of the scratch, and maybe even remove most of it if you rub on it long enough
but the cloth your probably talking about is emory cloth, ya can get it auto parts places in the sand paper section. get the finest grit possible, and wet sand, some even use gun oil

test it out on some worthless stainless crap before doing it on your gun
Link Posted: 8/13/2001 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Scotch Brite by 3M.  Make sure you polish with the grain.  Start with the fine grade.  The course stuff is brutal, takes off chrome better than a $5 whore.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I like "Flitz", elbow grease and patience.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Scotch Brite by 3M.  Make sure you polish with the grain.  Start with the fine grade.  The course stuff is brutal, takes off chrome better than a $5 whore.
View Quote
                               This is what it is........start with the FINEST grade,or you`ll end up with it looking worse...................[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top