Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 7:53:25 AM EDT
Celebrity Big brother is currently running on UK TV channels, and does so during the summer months all over the world.
For you that don't know what Endemols Big Brother is, google it. We're talking about millions of viewers...

Now, if I was a terrorist/BG with a message to the world, the big brother house seems like a sitting duck and a good opportunity:

• You have a house/compound, and all the peripheral facilities rigged and bristling with broadcast equipment.
• Access control/Security is nothing more than a bunch of unarmed private security firm meatheads and at most a bobby or two (unarmed).
• You have food, water etc...
• You have a defensible perimeter, and variuos rooms/facilities
• You have people in the 'compound', ripe to be taken hostage in front of millions if TV viewers.

All they need to do is bring some AK's/Semi-auto's, 10k rounds of ammo, some explosives and take over the compound in broad daylight. All they need is some cellphones/sattelite phones with accomplices somewhere in London.

If the channel stops broadcasting/which is what they will do, the terrorists threaten the lives of a hostage until broadcast resumes. You get how this goes...

How would the Authoritaz deal with this? Would the channel keep broadcasting even after the BG's take out a hostage or two?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Calling Rainbow 6..
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Likely they'd experience "technical difficulties", switch to a commercial break, and send in SWAT. It's all over in thirty minutes, one way or another.

I was thinking along similar lines once while taking a shower- what's stopping terrorists from using hijacked airliners as guided missiles? Nobody's going to shoot down a plane full of passengers, at least not the first time. I got dressed and headed into the living room just in time to see the north tower collapse on live television.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you just created a new reality show.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think you just created a new reality show.

The religion of peace hour with mohomed

Make me a sammich or I kill you, you barbarian whore! [horse whip crack]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:10:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... Big Brother...

I think I'm the only one here who watches the US version of the show.

(Or the only one who admits it. )

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#6]
they'd never put them on the air
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
The Ultimate Reality Show

(who watches that shit?  )
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Dunno about B'Liar

But  Maggie would have sent the boys in...

And it would have probably made great TV too

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to work security at a TV station here in Germany, they had so many poxy rulez, locking the skylight window's just in case the terr's dropped in on chute's. then in the morning the cleaning crew tipped up for work, there were one or two that we wern't expecting (not on the list). Who were to replace someone who was on the sick. The guy that had been showing me what to do all night, just gave the guy's ID's and the key's that they had asked for.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Toe

(edited for a smelling mistake)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top