Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2009 5:35:19 PM EDT
I lost my first medical in the ARMY do to injury. I lost my second medical due to heart disease. Now the old doc says I have vascular dementia starting. At least that's what my wife said he said, I don't remember. Just thought I was a old pilot and crazy. Get your selves in shape. Eat right. Don't lose your medical. You will miss flying when its gone. I sure do. Windjammer ETA- I might not be on the board so much so any Mx guys I have failed to insult, sorry about that!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sport Pilot...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sport Pilot...

Due to the Sport Pilot "Catch 22" if you have been denied a medical then you can't be a Sport Pilot either.  It's not a well-reasoned rule.

Anyhow, sorry to hear about your medical issues.  Make the best of what you have and try to stay as healthy as you can!  There's still some fun in being a passenger hopefully.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Ultralights...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ultralights...

It's the "dementia" thing. I don't think I will be flying anything anymore. Losing memory is not so bad because I won't know it. Not really looking forward to it though. Fortunately ( I guess) this vascular dementia is faster than Alzheimer's. The brain just shuts down. On a positive note last night I had a wee dram of Jack Daniel's Old Number 7. Not gonna worry about the fatty liver any more.WJ
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Good attitude...

I'll raise a #7 for ya soon....

Quoted:
Quoted:
Ultralights...

It's the "dementia" thing. I don't think I will be flying anything anymore. Losing memory is not so bad because I won't know it. Not really looking forward to it though. Fortunately ( I guess) this vascular dementia is faster than Alzheimer's. The brain just shuts down. On a positive note last night I had a wee dram of Jack Daniel's Old Number 7. Not gonna worry about the fatty liver any more.WJ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top