Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 6:37:43 PM EDT
Click the link, and that will tell everything you need to know.

www.hot.ee/dontdrink/
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone that gets drunk and drives is an idiot.  If they hurt/kill someone they should be executed.  I don't give a damn what their age is.  I'm not kiddin' either...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
God bless her...[:(] IM speachless.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
that has to be perhaps the bravest person on earth...I felt like crying when I read that...God bless her
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
This young woman had the courage to survive and make this anti drunk driving ad, we should have at least the courage to view it.

God bless her courage.
It kind of puts our own troubles in perspective huh?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
WOW! Hope the SOB that hit her rots in hell.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Here at Miami university there is a big poster with her pics in one of the dorms.  I hope it's made some students think twice.

I agree, anyone who drives while drunk and causes someone else injury or death should either go to jail for life or be executed.  Or better yet, use them as crash-test dummies to show them how it feels!

Changing the subject a little, what is that cloth in the first post-accident pic?  It looks like it goes underneath her skin.  Does it have something to do with skin grafts?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Jesus Christ, that's just...awful.

The sad part is, a lot of people will see it and disregard it, thinking that they would never get so drunk they can't drive.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Changing the subject a little, what is that cloth in the first post-accident pic?  It looks like it goes underneath her skin.  Does it have something to do with skin grafts?
View Quote

It appears to me to be some type of moleskin  fabric to keep the burns/sensitive new skin protected but I'm not sure.

This thread and the topic of drunk driving came up months ago in the General Discussion and there were acutally a few idiots on these boards even a few team members if I remember correctly that stated they drove drunk for so many years blah blah blah and it was their choice.

They need to see that their choices like many other they'll make in their life will effect others as well.

This is one strong brave young woman who did something I probably could never do.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#9]
[red][i]<>[/i][/red]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
WOW......Powerful...In regard to the above response[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Carhlr
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe driving drunk is equal to discharging a firearm at random in a public place.  Only the round here is traveling a much longer distance and weighs about 3000lbs+ more.  When one thinks about it like that, it makes for a more sobering experience.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[red][i]<>[/i][/red]
View Quote

I am pretty cold, but you are unbelievable. Quit while you are ahead.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[red][i]<>[/i][/red]  
View Quote

It would be perfectly acceptable to delete this entry.
We (I) won't hold it against you.
I've gone back and deleted a couple of mine before!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[red][i]<>[/i][/red]  
View Quote

I am pretty cold, but you are unbelievable. Quit while you are ahead.
View Quote

[b]It's to be expected from someone who has a quote from Sherman on his profile.  He was of the same character.  No class at all sfcret.

Hopefully her ad will deter others from drinking and driving.[/b]  
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
[red][i]<>[/i][/red]  
View Quote
Gentlemen, I do believe we have found a shoe-in for a*****e of the day.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]
BEFORE
[img]http://www.hot.ee/dontdrink/index.2.jpg[/img]

AFTER
[img]http://www.hot.ee/dontdrink/index.7.jpg[/img]

Theres nothing funny about that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#17]
If I was ever disfigured that bad, I would hope that anyone who had any inkling of love for me would find some way for me to die peacefully.

I would not continue living that way... period.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here at Miami university there is a big poster with her pics in one of the dorms.  I hope it's made some students think twice.

I agree, anyone who drives while drunk and causes someone else injury or death should either go to jail for life or be executed.  Or better yet, use them as crash-test dummies to show them how it feels!

View Quote

That is a cloth being held there by what's left of her hand.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I feel sorry for her and I fucking hate drunken drivers, but please post a warning if you're gonna link to pictures like those ones (or repost them here).

I almost puke on the keyboard, for real... I don't mind watching nasty pictures or dead people (hell, I had to go to a morgue 2 times a week for 2 years) but there is something on those pictures that make me phisycally ill [:(]

God bless her indeed...

Sfcret, you're an asshole.

NsB

I'm with you Cypher, I definately wouldn't want to live like that.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That is a cloth being held there by what's left of her hand.
View Quote

Maybe I'm just not seeing it right, but it sure looks like it goes underneath her skin, especially at the left (her right) side of her jaw.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Look at the rest of the pics, her hand is just a clump of skin.  That is a tissue she is holding to her chin with her hand.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#22]
That is why I pull people over for speeding, stop signs, tag lights and crap like that in the middle of the night even if the actual offense doesn't endanger anybody right then.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would not continue living that way... period.
View Quote

Yep, I always tell my friend that if I am in a situation as unfortunate as this one to let me die. I have had a god run, and left it all on the table.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#24]
A sad case for sure. Death would have been a kindness (at least if is was me in her situation). Her life is going to be non existent. A shame. Sometimes I think Doctors don't think when they are trying to save lives, she would have been a good one to let the lord take.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#25]
my wife lost her best friend to a drunk driver, it was a mess, i was with her, and we drove upon the wreck abour 5 minutes after it happened
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not strong enough to continue if something like that happened to me.

Put me down quickly and painlessly.

Heart wrenching and powerful view of the Human Sprit.

Oh and sfcret... the "delete" button is your friend.  (I won’t say what I *really* want to say about your post.  I don’t want to be instantly banned for life.  I like it here).
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
[red][i]<>[/i][/red]  
View Quote

Adiablo fuckhole.

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn.  I have a cousin that looks like that due to an electrical explosion in a substation.  

May the person who did this to her rot in the worst part of Hell.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:34:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:37:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gentlemen, I trust you will forgive me for editing the post by [b]sfcret[/b] out of your posts.  I have also locked his account, and I trust there will be no dissension over this.  [:(!]
View Quote

THANK YOU kind sir.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Good call Beekeep.  If ever there was a legitimate excuse for an account lock, that was one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gentlemen, I trust you will forgive me for editing the post by [b]sfcret[/b] out of your posts.  I have also locked his account, and I trust there will be no dissension over this.  [:(!]
View Quote

I never got the chance to see the post but I trust your judgement Bee, as I do the members who posted after his comment, they were upset , so it must have been bad.
This thread needed to be here so it might help someone who is even thinking about driving and I applaud your efforts to clean it up instead of zapping it, good job thebeekeeper1 [beer]
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#33]
My girlfriends mom is an alcoholic, she has 3 DUI's. While her license is suspended until, 2007? She still continues to drive, and asside from the license suspended, she only got 17 days house arrest. Soft judges make hard criminals.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 10:14:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My girlfriends mom is an alcoholic, she has 3 DUI's. While her license is suspended until, 2007? She still continues to drive, and asside from the license suspended, she only got 17 days house arrest. Soft judges make hard criminals.
View Quote
[pissed] Soft judges make more Jacqueline Saburidos.

Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good call, Sir.  The lowlife ripped me a new one on a Prayer Request thread, calling me weak and mindless because I thought God could help with my problems.  "God is a figment of your weak mind".  I'm not a particularly religious man, but I do beleive...  

He has shown his lack of charachter and compassion here over and over again.

I'm glad I missed his post.  Usually, if I see his name before I start reading his post, I just skip it.  Thanks for saving me the trouble.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anyone that gets drunk and drives is an idiot.  If they hurt/kill someone they should be executed.  I don't give a damn what their age is.  I'm not kiddin' either...
View Quote

Agreed..........
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Being in the great State of Texas I have been blessed (or cursed) to have seen the commercials featuring Jacque many times.[:(]

My heart breaks and my eyes well up with tears each time it comes on.
She and her family have more courage and strength than I could ever imagine!

I don't think there is a place bad enough for people who do these things to others![V]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Seeing her makes the problems in my life look pretty stinkin' lame.  Damn, she's got guts and courage.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I can remember many years ago when I was young...used to drink....  and then get behind the wheel of a car. It didn't happen often, but I suppose all it takes is one time. I sure am glad I didn't get into an accident and cause someone that kind of suffering.  But I guess it could have happened.

There is a heaven and there is a hell.  I hope Jacquline and the person who caused her injuries end up in heaven.  The Lord Jesus Christ died for all of us because we are all sinners.  He rose again the third day.  All those who repent of their sins and trust Him have their sins forgiven.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#40]
As a firefighter, my first response would be to pull her out of the car, no matter what.  But maybe sometimes you can hurt by trying to help.  I wonder if her rescuers have regrets?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:10:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
God bless her...[:(] IM speachless.
View Quote

Amen. She's got bigger ones than I do. I'd have taken my own life by now.

Why, oh Lord? Why do some lessons have to be tought through such suffering? Why will some people STILL not get it?

Words fail me... [v]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

You won't get it from me, and I never even saw it. Should I be glad?

How anyone can post a joke about this is simply incomprehensible to me.

Oh, and I agree with Deimos: Please post warnings when posting or linking to pics like this. I, too, almost lost my lunch.

Imagine this poor thing seeing that every time she looks in a mirror, and then A$$HOLES joking about it! [pissed]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don't think there is a place bad enough for people who do these things to others![V]

BigDozer66
View Quote

Oh, yes there is! [devil]

You HAVE to believe it, otherwise you will go insane trying to live rightously in an unrighteous world...

So, what happend to the scumbag that did this? Did he run for Senator from Massechusetts, or is he even now feeling her every pain, endlessly and forever?
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#44]
The analogy of discharging a firearm into a crowd is indeed a good one in relation to drunken driving and one I use often. I have NO, repeat NO sympathy for anyone who drives drunk. We have all been warned and to do so is the height of selfishness. What amazes me is that these people can get so many chances to do it all over again. Because in the case of someone firing into a crowd of people, they'd do a lot of time for such an offense.
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I really wish that more drunk drivers would slam into telephone poles at 70+ mph.  Any son-of-a-bitch who gets drunk and drives doesn't give a damn about his own life, my life, or the life of my loved ones.  Let them all rot in hell.  

That poor, poor girl.  I don't know how she finds the strength to go on living; it's simply amazing.  I wish the best for her and her family.  Hopefully the responsible individual got what he deserved.  If not, he will soon enough.
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 11:52:16 PM EDT
[#46]
My jaw dropped after looking at that page.

I simply could not live if I was her. I commend her many times over for her courage.

Has anyone else noticed that 99.9% of the time, when some drunk asshole hits another car, the drunk doesn't die or even get hurt? Amazing how this is.

I fully believe that drunk drivers should be summarily executed if their driving while drunk results in the death or injury of another person. As previously mentioned, the height of selfishness indeed!  
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:29:11 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm another one who wouldn't be able to make it after something like that happened to me. I hope that she has a good family and lots of friends to help her through this. As disfiguered as she is their is hopefully she has some things in life that she really enjoys that she can still do in her condition. I also feel that they should throw the book at the driver who caused this or that causes deaths of other drivers. People who get DUI's almost allways continue to drive drunk and it doesn't matter if their liscense is taken away. I believe that judges are almost as much to blame when I meet people who have 5-10 DUI's and arn't in jail. If you check the statistics almost all people killed or severily injured by drunk drivers are done so by drivers that have multiple DUI's. I hate to admit this after seeing her but I have driven drunk well over a thousand times. I am a recovering alcoholic and addict and I have been clean and sober for 14 years know. The thing that I am most thankfull for in my sobriety is that I never hurt anybody as drunk as I was and as much as I drove while drunk. I don't think that I would be able to live with myself knowing that I had hurt somebody like that, I hope the driver feels the same way.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 3:02:47 AM EDT
[#48]
im a police officer and i see this kinda stuff way to often.whats worse is when u see a drunk driver get off on a technicality.drunk driven is one of the hardest things to prosecute because there are so many loopholes.my prayers to the lady and a 40 cal to the back of the head of the driver.sorry but ive lost alot of friends and family to drunk drivers.6 total so i have a problem with them.

[usa]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top