Moral poverty cost blacks
in New Orleans

Posted: September 21, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Say a hurricane is about to destroy the city you live in. Two questions:

1. What would you do?
  2. What would you do if you were black?

Sadly, the two questions don't have the same answer.

To the first: Most of us would take our families out of that city quickly to protect them from danger. Then, able-bodied men would return to help others in need, as wives and others cared for children, elderly, infirm and the like.

For better or worse, Hurricane Katrina has told us the answer to the second question. If you're black and a hurricane is about to destroy your city, then you'll probably wait for the government to save you.

This was not always the case. Prior to 40 years ago, such a pathetic performance by the black community in a time of crisis would have been inconceivable. The first response would have come from black men. They would take care of their families, bring them to safety, and then help the rest of the community. Then local government would come in.

No longer. When 75 percent of New Orleans residents had left the city, it was primarily immoral, welfare-pampered blacks that stayed behind and waited for the government to bail them out. This, as we know, did not turn out good results.

Enter Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan. Jackson and Farrakhan laid blame on "racist" President Bush. Farrakhan actually proposed the idea that the government blew up a levee so as to kill blacks and save whites. The two demanded massive governmental spending to rebuild New Orleans, above and beyond the federal government's proposed $60 billion. Not only that, these two were positioning themselves as the gatekeepers to supervise the dispersion of funds. Perfect: Two of the most dishonest elite blacks in America, "overseeing" billions of dollars. I wonder where that money will end up.

Of course, if these two were really serious about laying blame on government, they should blame the local one. Responsibility to perform – legally and practically – fell first on the mayor of New Orleans. We are now all familiar with Mayor Ray Nagin – the black Democrat who likes to yell at President Bush for failing to do Nagin's job. The facts, unfortunately, do not support Nagin's wailing. As the Washington Times puts it, "recent reports show [Nagin] failed to follow through on his own city's emergency-response plan, which acknowledged that thousands of the city's poorest residents would have no way to evacuate the city."

One wonders how there was "no way" for these people to evacuate the city. We have photographic evidence telling us otherwise. You've probably seen it by now – the photo showing 2,000 parked school buses, unused and underwater. How much planning does it require to put people on a bus and leave town, Mayor Nagin?

Instead of doing the obvious, Mayor Nagin (with no positive contribution from Democratic Gov. Kathleen Blanco, the other major leader vested with responsibility to address the hurricane disaster) loaded remaining New Orleans residents into the Superdome and the city's convention center. We know how that plan turned out.

About five years ago, in a debate before the National Association of Black Journalists, I stated that if whites were to just leave the United States and let blacks run the country, they would turn America into a ghetto within 10 years. The audience, shall we say, disagreed with me strongly. Now I have to disagree with me. I gave blacks too much credit. It took a mere three days for blacks to turn the Superdome and the convention center into ghettos, rampant with theft, rape and murder.

President Bush is not to blame for the rampant immorality of blacks. Had New Orleans' black community taken action, most would have been out of harm's way. But most were too lazy, immoral and trifling to do anything productive for themselves.

All Americans must tell blacks this truth. It was blacks' moral poverty – not their material poverty – that cost them dearly in New Orleans. Farrakhan, Jackson, and other race hustlers are to be repudiated – they will only perpetuate this problem by stirring up hatred and applauding moral corruption. New Orleans, to the extent it is to be rebuilt, should be remade into a dependency-free, morally strong city where corruption is opposed and success is applauded. Blacks are obligated to help themselves and not depend on the government to care for them. We are all obligated to tell them so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
This is why I didn't send ONE FUCKING PENNY to those LAZY, WELFARE Mother Fuggers!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Was this Bill Cosby?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#3]
blah blah blah

Black, white whatever.  What happened in New Orleans was due to STUPIDITY, not poverty, not race.  Just stupidity.

The STUPIDITY of building a large city, on the coast, below sea level.
The STUPIDITY of staying there with a hurricane coming.

STUPID is not confined to any race, or income level.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
blah blah blah

Black, white whatever.  What happened in New Orleans was due to STUPIDITY, not poverty, not race.  Just stupidity.

+1, stupidity crosses all racial boundaries.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]

It took a mere three days for blacks to turn the Superdome and the convention center into ghettos, rampant with theft, rape and murder.

Dude, yesterday called.  

They want there exaggerated and false media hype back.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
blah blah blah

+1, stupidity crosses all racial boundaries but can be significantly enhanced by prevailing cultural norms.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Was this Bill Cosby?

exactly what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It took a mere three days for blacks to turn the Superdome and the convention center into ghettos, rampant with theft, rape and murder.

Dude, yesterday called.  

LoL
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Dude, yesterday called.  

That was day before yesterday. Yesterday wants its unverifiable minimization of misconduct (so coincidentally salvific of the reputations of leftists and their clients) back.

The number of stiffs in the cooler at the Superdome, and the number of police reports made weeks after the events cannot establish the number of murders and other crimes committed there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
in New Orleans

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

That's as far as I got.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:19:01 AM EDT
[#11]
If anything good comes of all this it will be that people are finally realizing and stating the TRUTH, regardless of its political correctness. BTW, while this is clearly a huge problem in the black community, there is an over abundance of white trash in America also. Be better if they all found a gutter to lie down in and die.

Unfortunately, I predict even bigger gov't, greater intrusion into our lives, and a shorter timespan to an economic collpase. Bush will significantly enlarge the national debt to pacify the parasitic losers of this country and act like he is doing a good thing. It would be laughable if it wasn't all so GD pathetic.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
in New Orleans

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

That's as far as I got.

Can't wait for next week's Katrina tie-in with TWA Flight 800 can ya?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:23:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Dolomite..  I think you get off on pissing on my threads..  

I don't really care..  I was just posting an email i received and  thought it was interesting.  Whatever.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]
So Dolomite, you believe the population of NO acted admirably?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmm...was this a stormfront.org press release?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
The Permament Welfare Class ® would act the same in any American City as it did in New Orleans.

That is why it is the Permanent Welfare Class ®!

Irrespective of color, race, or creed!

Eric The(BrutallyHonest)Hun
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:22:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Tag.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The Permament Welfare Class ® would act the same in any American City as it did in New Orleans.

+1 anyone that thinks the kind of low class, waiting for the governemnt tit, leaches to society kind of people that lead to problems like this (and maybe the eventual end of our way of life) is limited by race needs to come to Wally World with me.

There are two differences between white trash and black trash.  1) Some president in the past decided to put all the poor blacks they could into large urban areas and give them welfare, thus insuring that they have no way to a better life and will be democratic voters forever 2) They have obnoxious mouthpieces with no credentials whatsoever (Jackson and Farakhan) who have a vested interest in keeping "their people" in the dire strats that they are in because bitching about it is their path to fame, wealth and power.

Whereas white trash tend to live more spread out and their mixing with mainstream society gives them more opprotunity to improve their lot in life.  They also lack obnoxious mouthpieces unless you count the WWF.  

I've met really good people of every race and I've seen trash of every race.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yes.  The majority of them certainly did.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been searching away on WorldnetDaily.com for this article and I can't find it.

Links?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I think we need MORE COW BELL !
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
They have obnoxious mouthpieces with no credentials whatsoever (Jackson and Farakhan) who have a vested interest in keeping "their people" in the dire strats that they are in because bitching about it is their path to fame, wealth and power.

That right there is a golden insight. Add "and the entire leftist political apparatus" to the part in the parentheses, and you've knocked one out of the park.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I've been searching away on WorldnetDaily.com for this article and I can't find it.

Links?

Via Google News:

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46440

A pic of the author, Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson:
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
This is why I didn't send ONE FUCKING PENNY to those LAZY, WELFARE Mother Fuggers!

That's OK.  The folks in Washington will send them your money and all you have to do is work your ass off.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
blah blah blah

Then, do you believe that the dutch are stupid?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Brought to you by Kill-9,

Via Google News:

I somehow think the answer to your question is "No." Got another lame, supercilious judgment you'd like to offer?

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's OK.  The folks in Washington will send them your money and all you have to do is work your ass off.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
blah blah blah

HELL NO! I know of least one who became a professor at an American college, so at least some of them have some smarts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Via Google News:

I somehow think the answer to your question is "No." Got another lame, supercilious judgment you'd like to offer?

Pretty funny.... they were all screaming race baiting before they knew the Rev. was a black man.

I sort of wondered because of his statements in the article about speaking at a Black conference. No white man could have made those statements and gotten out alive.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#31]
DAYUM!  That's pretty harsh (true but harsh).

Only another black person could make those comments.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  The majority of them certainly did.

"The majority?"  That's a semantic copout and blatanlty intellectually dishonest.

How about "a ridiculously high percentage" of the MINORITY (the truth hurts) population of NO behaved unacceptably?

If you argue that simple fact, then your blinders render you incapable of holding an intelligent conversation on the subject.

How did you know that the looters were prodominantly black before seeing the footage?  You DID know, didn't you?  And dont say your extensive knowledge of the demographics of the city gave you clarity.  The looters were black because the looters are always black.  Not a racist statement...just a fact.

Until the black community addresses this openly, we'll still have problems.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
in New Orleans

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

That's as far as I got.

+1  Joseph Farah is a nut job.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
blah blah blah

+1, stupidity crosses all racial boundaries.

I think it is a culture thing, not a race thing.
This is the welfare culture.
This is what you get when momma gov't's tit goes dry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
How about "a ridiculously high percentage" of the MINORITY (the truth hurts) population of NO behaved unacceptably?

A minority of the NO population acted criminally, that nobody can deny.  The majority however did not and in many conversations with the relocated southern LA folks at the Milwaukee Red Cross shelter, what they were doing is everything they could to support and help each other out.  A few weeks ago one guy told me he'd spent the last five nights sleeping underneath the same canoe he used everyday to ferry water and supplies to as many people as he could.  

How did you know that the looters were prodominantly black before seeing the footage?The looters were black because the looters are always black.  Not a racist statement...just a fact.

Are you having another conversation with someone else and confusing who you're talking to?  I am less than clueless about WTF you are going on about.  I haven't poked any fun at the White Pride pointy heads since I got my account unlocked - and I'm not in a tremendous hurry to get it locked again - so quit with the race baiting there tiger - I'm sure everyone knows you're a tough little warrior.

I did have the chance to speak with one looter though.  She was at an elementary school in Biloxi and used a crow bar to break into the food stores in the cafeteria in order to feed the 400 people stuck in the school’s gym.  She turned herself in and of course the ultra-liberal ZOG government in MS is refusing to prosecute her.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I sort of wondered because of his statements in the article about speaking at a Black conference. No white man could have made those statements and gotten out alive.

Except Bill Clinton - 1st Black President    
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#37]

I haven't poked any fun at the White Pride pointy heads since I got my account unlocked - and I'm not in a tremendous hurry to get it locked again - so quit with the race baiting there tiger - I'm sure everyone knows you're a tough little warrior.

Your baseless charge of race baiting isn't enough to cloud the waters here, Dolomite.  Address the issue I asked you about.

I did have the chance to speak with one looter though. She was at an elementary school in Biloxi and used a crow bar to break into the food stores in the cafeteria in order to feed the 400 people stuck in the school’s gym. She turned herself in and of course the ultra-liberal ZOG government in MS is refusing to prosecute her.

Ah yes...the one in hundreds "noble" looter.  Give me a break.  We SAW what the looters were stealing, Dolomite.  Kodak doesn't share your bias.

You really need to stop deluding yourself.  You cant address the problem if you cant even get past acceptance.

New Orleans did more to set back race relations in this country than the LA Riots ( or the Virginia Beach Riots, or Miami, or Cincinnati, Crown Heights, Newark, Atlanta, Watts, Seattle, DC....how long do you want me to go on?)  What did all of those have in common, BTW?  Two things...looting and...wait, what was the other one?

I'll bet you know.  Again, facts are facts...a simple fact is incapable of racism.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Via Google News:

Are you actually defending the stormfront nutjobs?
Are you one of them?

And if you hadn't noticed, which you MUST have considering you quoted the posts...I posted before the actual author was found...nice try.

BTW, my comment was posted in sarcasm...apparently you can't seem to comprehend that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
in New Orleans

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Say a hurricane is about to destroy the city you live in. Two questions:

1. What would you do?
  2. What would you do if you were black?

Sadly, the two questions don't have the same answer.

To the first: Most of us would take our families out of that city quickly to protect them from danger. Then, able-bodied men would return to help others in need, as wives and others cared for children, elderly, infirm and the like.

For better or worse, Hurricane Katrina has told us the answer to the second question. If you're black and a hurricane is about to destroy your city, then you'll probably wait for the government to save you.

This was not always the case. Prior to 40 years ago, such a pathetic performance by the black community in a time of crisis would have been inconceivable. The first response would have come from black men. They would take care of their families, bring them to safety, and then help the rest of the community. Then local government would come in.

No longer. When 75 percent of New Orleans residents had left the city, it was primarily immoral, welfare-pampered blacks that stayed behind and waited for the government to bail them out. This, as we know, did not turn out good results.

Enter Jesse Jackson and Louis Farrakhan. Jackson and Farrakhan laid blame on "racist" President Bush. Farrakhan actually proposed the idea that the government blew up a levee so as to kill blacks and save whites. The two demanded massive governmental spending to rebuild New Orleans, above and beyond the federal government's proposed $60 billion. Not only that, these two were positioning themselves as the gatekeepers to supervise the dispersion of funds. Perfect: Two of the most dishonest elite blacks in America, "overseeing" billions of dollars. I wonder where that money will end up.

Of course, if these two were really serious about laying blame on government, they should blame the local one. Responsibility to perform – legally and practically – fell first on the mayor of New Orleans. We are now all familiar with Mayor Ray Nagin – the black Democrat who likes to yell at President Bush for failing to do Nagin's job. The facts, unfortunately, do not support Nagin's wailing. As the Washington Times puts it, "recent reports show [Nagin] failed to follow through on his own city's emergency-response plan, which acknowledged that thousands of the city's poorest residents would have no way to evacuate the city."

One wonders how there was "no way" for these people to evacuate the city. We have photographic evidence telling us otherwise. You've probably seen it by now – the photo showing 2,000 parked school buses, unused and underwater. How much planning does it require to put people on a bus and leave town, Mayor Nagin?

Instead of doing the obvious, Mayor Nagin (with no positive contribution from Democratic Gov. Kathleen Blanco, the other major leader vested with responsibility to address the hurricane disaster) loaded remaining New Orleans residents into the Superdome and the city's convention center. We know how that plan turned out.

About five years ago, in a debate before the National Association of Black Journalists, I stated that if whites were to just leave the United States and let blacks run the country, they would turn America into a ghetto within 10 years. The audience, shall we say, disagreed with me strongly. Now I have to disagree with me. I gave blacks too much credit. It took a mere three days for blacks to turn the Superdome and the convention center into ghettos, rampant with theft, rape and murder.

President Bush is not to blame for the rampant immorality of blacks. Had New Orleans' black community taken action, most would have been out of harm's way. But most were too lazy, immoral and trifling to do anything productive for themselves.

All Americans must tell blacks this truth. It was blacks' moral poverty – not their material poverty – that cost them dearly in New Orleans. Farrakhan, Jackson, and other race hustlers are to be repudiated – they will only perpetuate this problem by stirring up hatred and applauding moral corruption. New Orleans, to the extent it is to be rebuilt, should be remade into a dependency-free, morally strong city where corruption is opposed and success is applauded. Blacks are obligated to help themselves and not depend on the government to care for them. We are all obligated to tell them so.

Nail on the head...Wellsaid.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
blah blah blah

Man are you ever deluded...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If anything good comes of all this it will be that people are finally realizing and stating the TRUTH, regardless of its political correctness. BTW, while this is clearly a huge problem in the black community, there is an over abundance of white trash in America also. Be better if they all found a gutter to lie down in and die.

Unfortunately, I predict even bigger gov't, greater intrusion into our lives, and a shorter timespan to an economic collpase. Bush will significantly enlarge the national debt to pacify the parasitic losers of this country and act like he is doing a good thing. It would be laughable if it wasn't all so GD pathetic.

But Good Dr.  even the white trash would not shoot at their rescuers!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

ETH, First time I have to respectfully disagree with you.

For evidence I present the good folks behavior of SW Tx and SW La after Rita
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Bingo

The ones w/half a wit- had insurance knowing the "bowl" would fill up sooner or later.

I call BS to spending 200+ BILLION on the most corrupt city on earth - since.......... ahhhh

ever.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Jesse Lee Peterson is a good man ridiculed by so called black leaders. So called black leaders cant stay in power if impoverished blacks who need them help themselves out of poverty.

Its really sad and pathetic the way a group of people like to throw blame around without taking responsability. Im getting really fed up and I think most Americans are getting fed up as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Good thing the author was black, otherwise he might be a racist.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#46]
With regard to your referring to me as racist, Dolomite, here's a pic of me in Louisiana during the relief efforts.  I'm the guy in the truck sans "pointy white hat."  (actually an ARFCOM hat...thanks 1nutgummer)

Also, note the common characteristic of the relief workers.  You get a shiny penny if you can figure out what it is.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:13:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Via Google News:

Are you one of them?

Most stupid people work hard to conceal their condition. I applaud you for having the courage to embrace yourself just as you are.

And if you hadn't noticed, which you MUST have considering you quoted the posts...I posted before the actual author was found...nice try.

What this means, translated from your Proto-Indo-Asscoverese, is that you made an entirely unfounded and insupportable supposition that the source of the article was a racist, and in fact accused the author of being a Nazi.

BTW, my comment was posted in sarcasm...apparently you can't seem to comprehend that.

Again, I applaud the candor represented by your ill-considered floundering. It's sort of like seeing an unshaven, morbidly obese woman in a string bikini: it's not terribly pleasant, but it represents an admirable degree of self-acceptance. You see, if you were telling the truth when you claimed to have posted sarcastically, you would not have bothered to point out in the preceding paragraph that you made your accusation before learning of the original author's race, because sarcasm would make the timing of your post irrelevant.

Wallow on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Via Google News:

Are you one of them?

Most stupid people work hard to conceal their condition. I applaud you for having the courage to embrace yourself just as you are.

What this means, translated from your Proto-Indo-Asscoverese, is that you made an entirely unfounded and insupportable supposition that the source of the article was a racist, and in fact accused the author of being a Nazi.

Again, I applaud the candor represented by your ill-considered floundering. It's sort of like seeing an unshaven, morbidly obese woman in a string bikini: it's not terribly pleasant, but it represents an admirable degree of self-acceptance. You see, if you were telling the truth when you claimed to have posted sarcastically, you would not have bothered to point out in the preceding paragraph that you made your accusation before learning of the original author's race, because sarcasm would make the timing of your post irrelevant.

Wallow on.

You can continue to twist a sarcastic statement into an "accusation" of calling someone a "Nazi" if you so wish...anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have taken my statement for what it was, perhaps questioned my meaning, and left it at that. Yet, you chose to write a novel about it...there's always one.

Carry on...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

yes   true   but please remember people like me are stuck in this as well    im a police officer in kenner louisiana 5 min west of new orleans on i 10        and there are some good people here fighting to keep this city alive
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
blah blah blah

The Dutch do not get Hurricanes.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top