Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2001 11:35:05 AM EDT
I needed a tactical garment when in plainclothes, so when I had the chance to purchase a new Blackhawk Omega vest(30VT26) at half retail price, I jumped on it!
In my rifle case I carry a small ground pad (life saver for long periods in kneeling position) and a poncho. One thirty round mag in the AR and a 2nd on the stock (there's a 3rd mag in the case). What would you carry in the vest???
There are; three pistol clip pockets(upper left chest), one large utility pocket(upper right chest), three dual mag pockets(lower right), and the cross draw holster on left side.
BTW I'd still be wearing the bat-belt with Glock, extra mags, cuffs, radio, etc.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  

I have the TacV1 vest which is similar but 3 more long gun mag pouches instead of the cross draw holster.  Here is what I have in it.  

4 M16 30 rd mags ( vest can hold up to 12 )
2 M16 20 rd mags ( prone shooting)
3 extra handgun mags

100 oz Camelback ( empty ) in back pouch easily filled if needed from a cooler I keep in car

FLex cuffs looped through the cloth loops in back

Upper utility pouch contains;
Leatherman tool
Sure Fire 6P
Extra batteries for weapon light and 6P
Spare battery for Aimpoint M2
Flex cuff cutter
Cuff key on lanyard ( shoestring)
Granola bar
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:44:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I use the Tactical Tailor vest similar to yours. It does depend on the call out but generally I
carry a belt with Safariland 6004 with attached tac light on Glock 22 with spare mag and pepper on harness. On the vest I usually carry;
Glock 23
2 spare mags
surefire 6z
spare cuffs
hydration pack
large folding knife
Gerber multi tool
spare litium batteries
photon light attatched to webbing
2 protien bars
2 mity mites CS
In the three large ammo pouches I keep;
1, radio
2, 3 MP5 mags
3, 2 light sticks and nomex gloves
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top