Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/3/2007 2:38:44 PM EDT
UPDATE 12/4: I have exchanged a few emails with "Mr. TacticalTailor".

Jerry "was informed this was NOT the way to handle things & not to do it again" and "got lit up today he was in the wrong." He also apologized for the entire situation.

He will email my buddy and take care of him on his pack. Did not happen.
Where to start? Lies? Changing the webpage?  From the beginning.

I was looking for a Black ruck for SHOT coming up soon. A friend who knew my criteria sent me an IM with a link about their sale going on.

American, Check, Well built, check, good price, check. I need one of those!!!!

So today its a rainout at work it was a good time to run down there and buy one. Then a friend thought to ride along, even better. He bought lunch.

We get there and go straight to the packs. We start talking money with the floor salesman, and the first thing we mention was the sale, and he said right off the bat, "We wont have those here, you will have to go to our warehouse right down the street to pick them up. "  Us-" No problem."

Then some other guy said we couldnt buy them, then they called somewhere and they said we could. The Jerry the store manger said "We will not be selling them to you at those prices, internet only" with a major major major "fuck you" attitude.

Fine, you not only dont want our money, you pretty much told us to fuck off, I think a good thing to do is leave.

Go right down the street from Tactical Tailor to Quantico Arms.....

And Jeff and the guys took great care of us. Never any bs, never any pressure, smokin great prices and great folks.

So we talked about it on the way home, and neither buddy nor I remembered seeing anything about online only on the website. Thats because it wasnt.

So since Jerry sucks at customer service and decided to lie, he thought it was a good idea to change the website?

Nice try, glad I am smart enough to know how to put my browser offline and read the cache and take screen shots of it.

I have even suggested Tactical Tailor to others needing gear, both here online and offline.

Well they can forget about me recommending them for anything else but avoidance.

1. Rude to customers when totally uncalled for.

2. Refused to honor what it said online.

3. Changed website to try and cover up.

I will never purchase anything from TT again, nor will I ever recommend them for anything.

Oh yeah, I bought a China bag.

[Insert Johhny Cash flipoff pic]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Tactical Tailor has done bad by pissing off a AR15.com fixture, there goes a lot of their business.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup...a true shot in the foot
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
This should be good, TT has always been good to me
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]
damn...
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have never had anything but the best service when I went in to TT. They make a great product, at a great price. I miss being able to run right off post and check them out.

All we have here is Quantico, which is overpriced IMHO.

I might be a little pissed about running around in the rain, but I doubt Tactical Tailor is out to get you.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't care if they set you on fire and pissed on you to put it out. There is no reason to buy chicom crap, there are other American manufactures. Have fun with your sub par quality bag
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
So why do retailers offer sales as internet only? Do web sales require less overhead? Do they make up for lower profit with jacked up shipping costs? Are they saving money because of no state sales tax? Are they loss leaders that arn't moving and they want them out of the warehouse?

Experienced capitalist running dogs, educate me on the mysteries of the marketplace.

Gringop
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I might be a little pissed about running around in the rain, but I doubt Tactical Tailor is out to get you.

The rain doesnt bother me a bit, Im part duck. I didnt say they were out to get me. Jerry lied, then changed the webpage to cover it up, and was nasty on top of both of those.

Quoted:
I don't care if they set you on fire and pissed on you to put it out. There is no reason to buy chicom crap, there are other American manufactures. Have fun with your sub par quality bag

You can ask anyone who knows me, I am one who just does not buy Chinese products if there is any other alternative whatsoever.

I go out of my way to buy American, and money is not a factor in my purchases. This is the bag I ended up with (5.11 RUSH72), and quality does not appear to be an issue.

I have bought from TT in their factory store numerous times before. There is no question their equipment is top notch. Their prices are always fair. Todays shenanigans by the store manager were unbelievable and reprehensible and were the sole reason for my alternative purchase. If an American company allows such antics by its managers, they deserve any competition they have.  

Quoted:
So why do retailers offer sales as internet only? Do web sales require less overhead? Do they make up for lower profit with jacked up shipping costs? Are they saving money because of no state sales tax? Are they loss leaders that arn't moving and they want them out of the warehouse?

Experienced capitalist running dogs, educate me on the mysteries of the marketplace.

Gringop

This one was not originally Internet only per the webpage before it was changed this afternoon.

There would have been state sales tax for me either way as I am a WA resident.

By driving 40 miles I can shop other items that fit my needs. I was planning on the pack, and a minimum one pouch for my HT ham radio, probably one more as I have one of their other setups and like the way it works for me. Enroute I learned from my buddy, he had a ruck on his Christmas wish list with his wife and was a for sure purchase as well. Two rucks plus pouches were coming home with us on the way down.

When the manager decided to squash any idea of the purchase, we had already moved from the rucks to the pouch bins and were picking out pouches.

They pulled the webpage up while we were in the store at least once, and I believe twice. They knew it said nothing about internet only, but decided to say that anyway. Then they changed the webpage to back up their position, and the manger alone had a flat out nasty attitude on top of that, thus the reason for my disgust. It has nothing to do with rain, China or anything else.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I would have done the same thing.
If they don't want the money then fuck em go somewhere else.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#11]
TAG

I've been looking for a good bag and will have to keep this in mind as I shop.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
TAG

+1
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow.

I've bought a ton of TT stuff in the past.  

WTF is the deal with being such a dickhead about buying at the store?  Seems like it would be easier for them as they don't have to pack up the stuff and actually ship it, but only grab it out of the warehouse (which they have to do anyway) and delete it from inventory (which they also have to do anyway).  

What a runaround for a damn backpack.  

I was going to buy their PVS 14 case, but I'll get something else instead now.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the dude needs to make a public appology and give you the bag you asked for. They didn't specify internet only until after you drove 40 of 80 total miles and then treated you like crap.

I will take my business elsewhere as well.

I would not have been that nice and asked him to show me on the website where it said that it was only on internet orders, then I would have insisted that he honor the offer. If not, then I would have asked them to pay for my gas because of the misinformation.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
TAG

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#16]
"Sale items and prices subject to change without notice."

Your response to one of the greatest rights in the world, that of refusing service to anyone, is to support communism and oppression?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Your response to one of the greatest rights in the world, that of refusing service to anyone, is to support communism and oppression?

No it appears he followed up that right with another which is to take your money where you want and where it will be accepted and several others are utilizing their right to make a informed decision about if they want to purchase from a company with what appears to be a customer service problem.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

When you buy Chinese products doesn't that mean your supporting capitalism?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Tactical Tailor is awesome.  The custom made a pair of gloves for a friend that was wounded in Iraq and gave them to him for free.

Good American company taking care of American Service members.  Sorry that Cav Vet had a bad experience with them, but after having been a customer for several years and had the stuff rushed to Iraq for me and members of my company, I assume there was confusion on both sides.

Tactical Tailor is a Grade A number 1 American Company staffed with good people.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Glad to see people willing to spend with values.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When you buy Chinese products doesn't that mean your supporting capitalism?

When a pedophile rapes a child, doesn't that mean he's supporting procreation?
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess they didn't need your money, they won't need mine either.

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Thats to bad.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:45:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I guess they didn't need your money, they won't need mine either.

Fuck em.

right on
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I only have had one Internet order through TT and was very happy with it but the pic of you with the Chinese bag in front of their building is a VERY nice touch.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Neither happened. They didnt take it off sale, nor did the sale price change. They changed the rules once there and refused to honor what the website said, lied, then changed the website. Being rude to top it off did not help.

Which right was that?

Quoted:
Tactical Tailor is awesome.  The custom made a pair of gloves for a friend that was wounded in Iraq and gave them to him for free.

Good American company taking care of American Service members.  Sorry that Cav Vet had a bad experience with them, but after having been a customer for several years and had the stuff rushed to Iraq for me and members of my company, I assume there was confusion on both sides.

Im glad to know they take good care of our troops. If you follow my link in the OP where I recommended them to troops from what I knew about them, I had no doubt in their equipment. However, your assumption is incorrect. There was no confusion on my part. I knew what I wanted, had read it online and went to go get it. The manager refused to honor the webpage ad, lied and then changed the page. Confusion was not a part of this ordeal.

This isnt a deal where I wanted something the troops needed, nor is it a special run or anything else. Its a refusal to honor the ad, a lie on top of that, changing the ad after that to cover the lie, and then being nasty about the entire ordeal.  

Tactical Tailor is a Grade A number 1 American Company staffed with good people.  

That I can agree with.

Quoted:
does this mean i have to be nice to you when you come into to Aim?

I met almost all of your staff I believe. I cannot for the life of me imagine anything near this happening in your store under any circumstance. So no, you can keep riding me like a Shetland pony.

Now find some CZ-52's to put back in stock so I have a reason to come home!

Quoted:
I only have had one Internet order through TT and was very happy with it but the pic of you with the Chinese bag in front of their building is a VERY nice touch.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#28]
That would have pissed me off too, fuck'em!
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Regardless of whether Cav Vet should have bought Chinese or not, TT missed out on a great opportunity to make a good impression with their customer service, or lack thereof.  

If someone drives all that way to buy a backpack, what is the big deal on giving them the actual sale price YOU advertised on your website.  

It's not like CavVet demanded something they weren't already offering, albeit on the website.  

Seems to me that TT would have liked to meet one of their customers in person and make a good, lasting impression that would have resulted in good word of mouth, rather than what is happeing now.  

Like I said, I've bought plenty of their stuff in the past and never had a problem.  I just hope they haven't become arrogant and forgot their roots.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#30]
bump for days
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:37:08 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope they resolve it to your satisfaction CavVet -- you're a good guy and TT is a solid company.

Everybody has a bad day once in a while ... hopefully that was all it was with the guy that gave you grief.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#32]
his
Many people do not realize that Tactical Tailor is really two separate sales areas. retail resides on Ponders Corner and the inside sales/ internet sales resides by McChord AFB.

The Internet sale was for the warehouse to deplete inventory before the end of the year.The store sale is likewise liquidating stock. We changed the website due to a request from the store. we at the factory did not know what transpired until CAV VET sent an e-mail to us without a return address. The issue was being addressed and looked like a coverup. Facts are very different from perception.

I can only say that we reget the way that the CAV VET was treated. I too am a 22 year retired Cavalry Soldier. I even gave the guy our store hours over the phone.

We go out of our way to treat the customer with respect and tend to his needs. we have sewn gloves for injured troopers on the spot. We have seemed to find a way into the hearts of our customer by providing a personal touch. Please contact me CAV VET. I really want to talk to you ASAP. Call the same number that you called to ask me the store hours. (253) 984-7854

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
This is the Sales manager for Tactical Tailor. Based in this thread it looks like we dropped a precious glass ball.

Many people do not realize that Tactical Tailor is really two separate sales areas. retail resides on Ponders Corner and the inside sales/ internet sales resides by McChord AFB.

The Internet sale was for the warehouse to deplete inventory before the end of the year.The store sale is likewise liquidating stock. We changed the website due to a request from the store. we at the factory did not know what transpired until CAV VET sent an e-mail to us without a return address. The issue was being addressed and looked like a coverup. Facts are very different from perception.

I can only say that we reget the way that the CAV VET was treated. I too am a 22 year retired Cavalry Soldier. I even gave the guy our store hours over the phone.

We go out of our way to treat the customer with respect and tend to his needs. we have sewn gloves for injured troopers on the spot. We have seemed to find a way into the hearts of our customer by providing a personal touch. Please contact me CAV VET. I really want to talk to you ASAP. Call the same number that you called to ask me the store hours. (253) 984-7854

Good to have you here but the part in red raises a question: Were you looking or a return address? Or could you somehow not reply to his email by hitting "reply"?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Please contact me CAV VET. I really want to talk to you ASAP. Call the same number that you called to ask me the store hours. (253) 984-7854

seems pretty stand up.  I wish CV would have been taken better care of in the store, hopefully this will end well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like this "Jerry" douchebag deserves a good ass-reaming.

Guess I'll hold off on doing business with TT until they resolve CavVet's issues.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#36]
That manager sounds like an asshat. I like TT stuff and it's well made, but I may decide on other venues until this is cleared up.

I wouldn't have gone ChiCom to spite them though. <cough>Eagle, TAD Fastpack<cough>
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Glad to see TT on here explaining what happened and willing to work with CavVet about it.  Will watch for updates and keep them in mind.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#38]
I feel for TT's management.  One of our biggest problems is getting our sales staff (even sales managers/supervisors) to ALWAYS take care of the customer.  Even if we lose a few bucks it's far cheaper than creating an Internet shitstorm or even just a few potential customers via word of mouth.  It always astonishes me when salespeople pull shit like this.

I'm sure Jerry will hear about this one from his higher ups

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Keep in mind that I am a trigger puller, the e-mail that was shown to me had no visable e-mail address. I went to my computer ninja and he could not help me. I am not sure what happened. i wanted to talk to him at once but had to wait to get squyared away here with a password. It is no problem, on my end. I just wish that I could have spoken with CAV VET immediatly after the incident.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:01:35 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
This is the Sales manager for Tactical Tailor. Based in this thread it looks like we dropped a precious glass ball.

I had a feeling that the item in red was the case.  Many stores have "internet only" sales for this reason.

I believe the only mistake here may be the lack of label of "internet only" sale and some misunderstandings within the store itself.

I don't see this as a reason to wipe TT off anyone's list.

- BG

EDIT:  CavVet, we've done an EE deal in the past and I know you're a reasonable guy.  Do you think you were heavy-handed with this thread?  Yes, someone somewhere made a big mistake.  (Okay, two mistakes... messing with CavVet is on my list of "avoids"  )  But do you think unleashing the fury that is known as the "Arfcom grudge" was called for?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:05:02 AM EDT
[#41]
TT is a great company.

I do not think for a second they tried to "cover things up"...

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Good to have you here but the part in red raises a question: Were you looking or a return address? Or could you somehow not reply to his email by hitting "reply"?

Could it have been a webform?

ETA: Nevermind I don't see one.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Hmmm...sounds like a certain local guns store who happens to run a large web based store that I know of. Sorry that you had to go though that bro, but I'm glad things worked out for you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#44]
In *my* experience TT is a great company with a great product.  I'm glad you were able to work it out.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Keep in mind that I am a trigger puller, the e-mail that was shown to me had no visable e-mail address. I went to my computer ninja and he could not help me. I am not sure what happened. i wanted to talk to him at once but had to wait to get squyared away here with a password. It is no problem, on my end. I just wish that I could have spoken with CAV VET immediatly after the incident.

They are making it right.  

All is well.  

Now I CAN buy that PVS14 case
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Hmmm...sounds like a certain local guns store who happens to run a large web based store that I know of. Sorry that you had to go though that bro, but I'm glad things worked out for you.

Hahahah Damn killswitch... I was thinking that EXACT same thing... although there is one MAJOR difference...

TT is trying to work it out with the customer and appear to care about them. Unlike the business we are thinking about.

Sounds like I might have to check out TTs website and see if there is anything I cant live without.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I feel for TT's management.  One of our biggest problems is getting our sales staff (even sales managers/supervisors) to ALWAYS take care of the customer.  Even if we lose a few bucks it's far cheaper than creating an Internet shitstorm or even just a few potential customers via word of mouth.  It always astonishes me when salespeople pull shit like this.

I'm sure Jerry will hear about this one from his higher ups

That is the case in any sales or service industry. I have lost count of the money that we have made by swallowing our pride and fixing someone else's screw-up. A client that is an advocate for your company is worth its weight in gold.

96Ag
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Why am I not at all surprised??  I hope your ass didn't hurt too much when you pulled that one out.  
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
TT is a great company.

I do not think for a second they tried to "cover things up"...

The evidence is pretty damning...  Are you "Jerry"?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top