Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/11/2005 3:30:58 PM EDT
I have a basic tactical question: If you and someone else are advancing through a house (basically doing room clearing drills), how do you coordinate which one of you shoots which targets without accidently engaging the same ones, creating a safety hazard, etc ?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:34:31 PM EDT
Stack.

Each man has a quadrant they search at for targets.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:50:55 PM EDT
Train.

+1 for stack.

Why is shooting the same target multiple times a negative? Goal is to eliminate threats.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:01:01 PM EDT
I am no expert, but I see nothing wrong with putting more shots on target than not.
Only time I could see trying to economize your shots is if significantly outnumbered.

More holes, less chance they shoot back.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:26:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bob1984:
I have a basic tactical question: If you and someone else are advancing through a house (basically doing room clearing drills), how do you coordinate which one of you shoots which targets without accidently engaging the same ones, creating a safety hazard, etc ?

Its simple really.

FIrst man in will immediately move towards the left corner, and scan to the right for targets. Second man will move to the right corner, and scan to the left. Each mans sector goes from the first corner he checked over until 1 meter off the other mans barrel.

Sure, theres a possibility you both will engage the same targets in the middle of the room. Doesn't matter... just stay along the walls and out of your buddys sector and all is well.
Top Top