Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/11/2015 3:22:53 AM EDT
For you guys that carry them,

What do you use and what's your typical load-out? What about build quality?

I saw this video on Military Arms Channel's FB page about a year ago

and I've been thinking that is wouldn't be a bad idea for certain situations.

I've been looking at the UTG Multi-funtional Messenger Bag

and the Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack (which the UTG is a cheaper clone of)

and then there's the Condor EDC Bag which MAC used in their short video clip.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
When i use a messenger bag, the only thing in it is my laptop & charger, and $20
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have some kind of versipack clone I ordered off of etsy. It's full of diapers/wipes and other baby stuff. It works and isn't ginormous like the baby bag my wife likes to carry around.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I use a maxpedition...

I want an EraThr3.  They're not cheap though
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
You're not Jack Bauer.  It's just a purse.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not a big fan, they look too "tactical" for EDC in most situations.  I do have a bag but it's just an old Czech bread bag with a strap.  Doesn't look too Rambo-ish and doesn't look like a murse.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Nobody carries in one?
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I really want a Fatboy Versipack GTG, or a Maxpedition Mango.  
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When i use a messenger bag, the only thing in it is my laptop & charger, and $20
View Quote

I just carry my lunch and a book.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a $250 Tumi just big enough for an iPad.  

Tactical as fuck. Green canvas.  Magnet closure.  People see me walking, with that shoulder strap emphasizing one man-boob.  They know not to fuck with me.  

I may even carry a charging cord and NYC subway passes in it.

#NoLimitCrackah

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Never called it a man purse, but I have a few that I normally use when outdoors.

I have an old Timbuk2 bag for biking. (You can design them with your own colors)

I use my massive Jandd Mountaineering bag for travel (it expands).  This one is about 20 years old, and still looks new.  Built like a tank.

For hiking, I have a couple sizes of the Mountainsmith Lumbar Packs.  Can be either a shoulder bag or "fanny" pack.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I use the Propper OTS bag almost everyday and I am a big fan. I carry my tablet, knife, flashlight, writing instrument, multi tool and a wide assortment of other things depending on where I'm going. I do carry my sidearm in it every once in awhile depending on how I'm dressed or where I'm going. I don't get bothered by what people think so the "murse" comments go unnoticed. It is the perfect size for me and easy to carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I have that UTG bag, been using it for about 3 years now. It usually holds a 1911 in a holster in the zipper pouch, a mess of magazines in the main pouch with some gloves, and in the other compartment I usually have some bandaids and other boo-boo stuff, antacids, asprins, spare batteries, screwdriver, multitool and a crescent wrench. I leave the side bottle pouch empty in case I want to put a water bottle in there. I usually leave it on the car seat when I'm driving, and it's a great place to stash my carry gun when I'm headed into a posted location.

I have no complaints. The Maxpedition is nicer, but I'm not sure it's twice as nice.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a decent leather one that wont break the bank but really haven't spent a lot of time looking. I will eventually find one.
View Quote

Check out Fossil.

http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryContentView?langId=-1&storeId=12052&catalogId=25005&categoryId=331249&parent_category_rn=357084&departmentCategoryId=331209
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:21:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I used to use a Tumi 96114 Brief, prefer a backpack now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:24:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a Timbuktu messenger bag.  It's much more like a briefcase than a murse.  I like it, but I wish it had an outside pocket for easy access to things like airline tickets and other travel documents.

The Maxpedition shoulder bags and their clones scream "I have a gun" as loudly as those safari vests IMO.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nobody carries in one?
View Quote

I don't carry one per se  but the wife got me the UTG one in FDE to use as a diaper bag when my son was born. Has held up surprisingly well. In fact I have re purposed it and use it on my 4 wheeler/ snowmobile for easy access stuff and it has been great for $35
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I really wish the whole "murse" stigma would go away.

Too much crap to carry around these days. Not enough for a backpack, too much for pockets.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I got a cool looking bag, Maxpediton active shooter bag I think.  I got it as a diaper bag with the intention of using it as a man bag after the kids were out of diapers.  Now it sits in the basement not used at all.  I'll find something to do with it.  

Bags like this seem like a good idea but are a hassle to use for me at least.  I also never see anyone with one.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#23]
HSGI  Armordillo bag, original version.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Didnt bcauz3y just do one of these?
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Vertx EDC satchel
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I got an Eagle Industries laptop bag from natchez when they got a shitload of Eagle stuff, along with a bunch of soft rifle cases and the like.

I carry my laptop in it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been looking for a decent leather one that wont break the bank but really haven't spent a lot of time looking. I will eventually find one.

Check out Fossil.

http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryContentView?langId=-1&storeId=12052&catalogId=25005&categoryId=331249&parent_category_rn=357084&departmentCategoryId=331209

thanks

Np....I've got two myself,  a nice leather one that I got when I wore a suit and a canvas one I wear now that I wear overalls to work.  Both are great, good closure hardware and great stitching.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I prefer backpacks to man purses.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I had tactical tailor make a custom one for me that doesn't look too tactical. I love it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#30]
http://www.countycomm.com/minebag.html

I got this as a possibles bag for muzzle loading season.

Works really well as a range bag, too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#31]
You're welcome

This might get things done for you
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You're welcome

View Quote

fanny pack

So, very few folks actually carry in these types of bags.
Interdasting.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

fanny pack

Interdasting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're welcome

fanny pack

Interdasting.

What?!  It blends perfectly with dad bod. Almost reaches three wolf moon levels while bladed to the 45.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I used the Maxpedition one as a diaper bag for my daughter for a long time. Fit everything I needed in there, including a gun.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#35]
The green fucker is right on this one.

Get a backpack you homos.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I bought a dirt cheap bag off Amazon and use it as a diaper bag for my baby. Holds enough diapers, bottle, etc for a short trip between naps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NTS3RHS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I have the UTG in my trunk with AR mags, handgun with extra mags, knife, Isreali dandage, bottle of water and eye and ear pro.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Never called it a man purse, but I have a few that I normally use when outdoors.

I have an old Timbuk2 bag for biking. (You can design them with your own colors)

http://cdn.timbuk2.com/static/Product_Images/269-Commute/2012fall/1500/269-4-4511_front.jpg

I use my massive Jandd Mountaineering bag for travel (it expands).  This one is about 20 years old, and still looks new.  Built like a tank.

http://www.jandd.com/ProdImages/BookShoulderMessengerBags/GabrielMessengerBag/GabrielNavy.jpg

For hiking, I have a couple sizes of the Mountainsmith Lumbar Packs.  Can be either a shoulder bag or "fanny" pack.

http://mountainsmith.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/2/12-10036r_day_cobalt_blue_1.jpg
View Quote

I got the same Timbuktu bag from when I rode to work, a .380 or single stack fits nicely in the velcro part.

I got a 5.11 Moab 6 a while back, it sucked, the CCW pocket is too far forward and you can't put a full size from in it without it flopping forward. It is also too small for a tablet and didn't fit most of my EDC crap.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I also have the UTG.
I have mine overloaded with tools for work along with my edc with wallet, checkbook, flashlight, knife etc.
It is comfortable to carry over the shoulder, but a handle like on the Maxpedition bags would come in handy.
If I had it to do over again, I would choose a more traditional, less tactical-ish bag.  
I think something slightly larger that would accommodate a small laptop or tablet would be better for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#40]
I've recently gone away from tactical and I'm using a Filson waxed canvas 72 hour shoulder bag.  Big enough for the laptop and cables and bunch of other stuff, but not so big that I look like I'm headed to the airport.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#41]
The thing I like about the UTG/Maxpedition styles is that they seem like they're easy to hold tight/keep close to your body.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#42]

I've had my Hazard-4 Ditch bag for several years. I use it as a briefcase/laptop bag. Really well made with tons of pockets and features.

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I carry a padded hemp messenger bag. Enough to carry a 92FS w/ reloads, EDC shit, and its blends in with hipsters.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#44]
http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2015/03/direct-action-messenger-bag.html

Direct action, makes a hell of a bag.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've had my Hazard-4 Ditch bag for several years. I use it as a briefcase/laptop bag. Really well made with tons of pockets and features.

http://survivalstore.se/image/cache/data/Hazard-4/Ditch-Coyote5-600x450.jpg

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I looked at this as a diaper bag. Is it kind of big? I'm thinking of a shoulder bag or maybe a small backpack like a goruck Echo.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I just use an REI brand messenger bag. Usually got my tablet, and a camera or two Nd a bottle of water
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nobody carries in one?
View Quote

No. I'm not a fan of off the body carry.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I looked at this as a diaper bag. Is it kind of big? I'm thinking of a shoulder bag or maybe a small backpack like a goruck Echo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's briefcase sized.

I can't see it making a very good diaper bag though.

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 12:03:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Sometimes, it helps to be "tactical" when one has kids.  I prefer my Drago backpack over a "murse".

Drago Backpack

I carry it on daily basis to work and keep stuff like pens, pencils, a Surefire flashlight, etc. in it.  Plus, it has two separate pockets so I can carry my lunch in one and reading materials in the other.  It has also proven nice during the times that security has been tighten at my place of work or flying, I can have everything in the bag by the time I get to the door/gate and can breeze through security.  I also will carry it on overnight trips, using it as a laptop bag [it is just big enough to hold my ancient HP Pavilion laptop, or something to carry purchases home in and through the back door without getting too much attention  Finally, it was great to have at the NRA Annual Meeting as I was able to pick up freebies to my heart's content and carry them in something other than those cheap plastic bag.  My father, seeing what I was doing, then had to buy him a bag for himself (he took the messenger bag route, IIRC).

For longer trips or ones in which I need to carry more stuff, I have one of those USGI MOLLE assault packs.  The separate radio pouch that one can buy serves as a laptop holder in mine, and I can cram as much chargers, food & drink, diapers, books, toys, etc. in to the pack's pockets, sustainment pouches, and waist pouch slung underneath it.  Kiddie blankets can be secured to the top of it.  My camera bag can also be attached to the front of the pack as well so I'm only keeping up with one backpack.  About the only problem with it is my wife is constantly worried that someone will steal it because, "It looks too nice."

James
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top