Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 8:14:59 AM EDT
Anybody spend much time over there?  It seems to possess a mods-to-members ratio greater than one, and the mods seem to be of the opinion that they are God's gift to the tactical world.

If you DO sign up over there, pretend you are in boot camp and, for the most part, STFU.  I made a big mistake when I replied to a thread started by one of their mods about a carry gun.  His opening words:

"The all too frequent threads monotonously discussing what handgun to carry can become tedious. For me, there are basically two choices for an individually purchased hard-use primary carry gun: a Glock 17 or a 1911.

The 9 mm Glock 17 has proven to be an an affordable, simple pistol that offers good reliability and acceptable durability (except for fragile sights) right out of the box.

For the experienced shooter, willing to invest significant time, money, and practice effort, there is no better handgun than a properly customized .45 ACP 1911. If you are not willing to spend $2500.00 or so and do not have the time or patience to wait for a qualified pistolsmith to transform your 1911 into a pistol of incomparable combat reliability and durability, then DO NOT get a 1911 for a carry gun!"

My reply:

"Just curious... if these threads are "all to frequent" and "monotonous" then why did you start yet another one?

I would also submit that the Glock is a more dangerous carry gun and therefore requires greater practice than the 1911. Every hear of "Glock leg"?

I'm also not sure where you came up with $2500. There are numerous semi-custom 1911s at least $1000 cheaper that fit the bill nicely. The LB TRS and Valtro come to mind, as well as RRA's line of 1911s"

For this serious breech of etiquette my posting privlidges were revoked.  Guess I won't be spending much time over there.

Anybody have similar experiences?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001355.html[/url]

[url]http://64.177.53.248/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001355-2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]
With the word "tactical" in the name, what did you expect?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top