Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 3:49:00 AM EDT
I bought an '08 Tacoma earlier this year and for the life of me,I can't figure out something.

How come the lights don't turn on automatically when the sun goes down ? Even my old '98 Blazer had this.I just figured it was a safety feature on the Blazer and comes standard on all new cars.

Seriously,why would the engineers opt to not include this on a new car ?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 4:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't want that feature, just one more thing to go wrong.  I don't like daylight running lights either.  I like the old fashioned headlight on/off switch that I have control over
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

How come the lights don't turn on automatically when the sun goes down ?

because they use a switch on the turn siginal stalk instead.
careful when it rains, the wipers are not automatic either.......
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Toyota really seems to be behind the curve on dumbing-down some of their vehicles.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the biggest peeve I have with my '08 is no heated side view mirrors.  I'd also rather have a 4WD lever than a "I can't wait to break" switch and servo set up.  Overall, I like the truck but I'm left wondering how it all adds up to $30K.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 5:25:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How come the lights don't turn on automatically when the sun goes down ?

because they use a switch on the turn siginal stalk instead.
careful when it rains, the wipers are not automatic either.......

Siginal stalk ?

Look,this is the first new car I had since my '98 ZR2 Blazer and I thought the auto headlights were a mandated safety feature on all cars.I see people all too often driving without headlights,so...

I bought the manual transmission so a few automatic things would have been nice.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer everything to be stone ax old fashioned simple.  No fricken computer controlled items ('cept maybe the tranny

Why would you want the window lock to lock the driver's window control, You afraid you're going to accidentally roll down the window and fall out?  I could see if you left a dog locked in a car but really you shouldn't do that either in case you are away longer than intended.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:31:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I prefer everything to be stone ax old fashioned simple.  No fricken computer controlled items ('cept maybe the tranny

Why would you want the window lock to lock the driver's window control, You afraid you're going to accidentally roll down the window and fall out?

Reread what I wrote. When you engage the window lock it WON"T let the driver window down....it should and only lock the passenger windows.

My bad, yup, seems ignorant.  I've never actually used those locks on purpose, only accidentally hit them in the dark and have a 2 sec wtf moment because of them.

Hell I'd like them to make trucks like they did in the 70s except the mileage and suspension.  if you cut  out a lot of the BS engineering for soccor moms and stupid car magazine writers you could cut a lot of cost from a vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Reread what I wrote. When you engage the window lock it WON"T let the driver window down....it should and only lock the passenger windows.

Really? On my 07, the driver's window operates regardless of the lock button.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? On my 07, the driver's window operates regardless of the lock button.

That's the way it should be.

My 06 does the same thing, when locked the passenger cant be rolled down from the passenger side.  Driver and passenger work from the driver side
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 7:16:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top