Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 8:42:59 PM EDT
I just ate a cold double decker taco from Taco Bell.  How do you guys eat your left over Taco Bell...Cold, or Reheat?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone eating Taco Bell is braver then me, many bad memories.

I did eat at KFC thinking it cant be as bad as I remember.  It was.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Uhhh, it goes in the trash if there are any leftovers. Why reheat what will only hurt you later?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Taco Bell food does not reheat well in my opinion, I usually wind up throwing it away if it gets cold.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Re-heat TB?

I always say you better eat it before it warms up. the food is never warm when I get it, no matter which location I goto.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:54:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Throw it out. Feed the homeless.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I like Taco Bell and I'll eat leftovers cold or hot, days later.
I keep hearing about people who say they've become sick after eating Taco Bell, or food from some other fast food franchise. I can remember eating several slices of leftover pizza that had been sitting in it's cardboard box, unrefrigerated, for 4 days.
Never a rumble.
I guess some people have the constitution of a daisy.
Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just ate a cold double decker taco from Taco Bell.  How do you guys eat your left over Taco Bell...Cold, or Reheat?

Interested in some serious seat time are ya?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
taco bell is the shit, eat or i will
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I vote eat it cold. That which does not kill you makes you stronger - or just gives you heartburn, I'm not really sure.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:09:35 PM EDT
[#10]
btw- my roommate just gave me a pickle and i dropped it on the floor. It was covered in hair and crumbs and lint and shit. I washed it off an ate it because im hungry as hell. I guess my advice would depend on how hungry you were. If there was a steak sitting next to the taco, fuck the taco. If all you have is ramen and cold old tacos, tacos look mighty good
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:14:19 PM EDT
[#11]
scrape the veggies out if you hate soggy veggies, reheat, and your good to go!

seriously, if there was a problem with the tacos you would have gotten sick when they were fresh anyway.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Cold.

Putting stuff with lettuce in the microwave is just
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#14]
To be honest, Taco Bell is probably the only Mexican food that doesn't give me horrible indigestion. Probably because it's not mexican food, but hey I like it anyway.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I gave up all fast food four years (and 68 pounds) ago......
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#16]
TACO BELL!..how could anything be left over if you don't eat there...???? You don't really admit to eating there do you?? G A C K !!
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:47:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hell, I like Taco Bell and I'll eat leftovers cold or hot, days later.
I keep hearing about people who say they've become sick after eating Taco Bell, or food from some other fast food franchise. I can remember eating several slices of leftover pizza that had been sitting in it's cardboard box, unrefrigerated, for 4 days.
Never a rumble.
I guess some people have the constitution of a daisy.
Go figure.

*Aimless, I want Crookshanks as my partner in the gift exchange.  
I need to clean out my 'fridge.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I gave up all fast food four years (and 68 pounds) ago......

Yeah, since I've cut out MOST fast food, not all, as I like the Bell once in a while, I've lost about 40lbs.  That's combined w/ working out too.  I can't eat Wendy's of McDonals or the like w/ out getting the shits, but Taco Bell does my belly right.  I eat it about once every couple of months.

The taco bell was an extra taco that the 2nd shift supervisor had left over and gave to me.  It was good cold, as it was free and I was hungry.  I'll eat most things if they're free, because I always forget to bring my lunch to work.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Eat and Taco Bell do not belong in the same sentence.

Taco Bell, run for the bathroom.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 12:11:05 AM EDT
[#20]
I get the shits every time I eat TB I have sence stopped eating there
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I agree with crookshanks..

I've done the unrefrigerated leftover pizza thing before too. Of course, pizza never lasts 4 days around here, maybe 36 hours at the most.

Taco bell is decent though, I usually just get bean burritos and nachos. I'll eat pretty much any fast food, except the only burger place I really like is burger king..
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:09:57 AM EDT
[#22]
I actually love Taco Bell, but it doesn't soun too good either cold or warmed over.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:51:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I get the shits every time I eat TB I have sence stopped eating there

That's what happens to me too.  I don't even make it out of the restaurant before I have to use the shitter!
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:39:35 AM EDT
[#24]
I haven't eaten at a Taco Bell in at least 15 years. There are much better places to go for that type of food.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:31:04 AM EDT
[#25]
The trick to Taco Bell, for those with delicate lower digestive tracts, is to avoid the stuff with ground "beef".  Try the steak/chicken chalupas, etc.  They seem to be much less conducive to LID or LIEs than the other stuff, although I can eat all with out too much trouble...just really stinky farts lol.  

As for how to eat the leftovers...cold.  Lettuce and tomato don't nuke well.  

** LID=lower intestinal distress
  LIE=lower intestinal emergency
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:37:47 AM EDT
[#26]
mattja will be along very shortly to set you all straight.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I think I would boil it...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#28]
TB gets all it's "food" from central suppliers and it is heated or reconstituted on site.

After the Gulf War they were involved with a project to make a Taco Making Machine with a major Aerospace Company that was trying to break out of strictly high $$ military projects.

I was an Admin/Program Mgmt/HR type with the services group that was going to provide maintenance and installation services.  Ran on a 386, first question I had was why is the computer right next to the only real heat source?  Oops, move the computer.  Then they were dead set against preventive maintenance.  there was one piece that needed to come out for cleaning at least once a day.  It was fastened at one end and flexed against a moving surface at the other.  It was plastic.  Flex=fatigue=failure.  So how about after x number of days or x thousand hours when you take it out to clean, throw it away?  "No, thats PM and we don't want the store folks worrying about that.  Have a Maintenance guy come out and repair it."  Hows that for corporate smarts?

They never were able to find a source for taco shells that wouldn't break.  The aerospace company got out of it after developing a machine that worked.  The taco shells beat everybody.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
TB gets all it's "food" from central suppliers and it is heated or reconstituted on site.

After the Gulf War they were involved with a project to make a Taco Making Machine with a major Aerospace Company that was trying to break out of strictly high $$ military projects.

I was an Admin/Program Mgmt/HR type with the services group that was going to provide maintenance and installation services.  Ran on a 386, first question I had was why is the computer right next to the only real heat source?  Oops, move the computer.  Then they were dead set against preventive maintenance.  there was one piece that needed to come out for cleaning at least once a day.  It was fastened at one end and flexed against a moving surface at the other.  It was plastic.  Flex=fatigue=failure.  So how about after x number of days or x thousand hours when you take it out to clean, throw it away?  "No, thats PM and we don't want the store folks worrying about that.  Have a Maintenance guy come out and repair it."  Hows that for corporate smarts?

They never were able to find a source for taco shells that wouldn't break.  The aerospace company got out of it after developing a machine that worked.  The taco shells beat everybody.

SO....do you reheat your taco bell, or eat it cold?  I don't really understand your story, but thanks for the input.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top